• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Hello everyone!
It's my 2nd time writing here and i wanna thank all of you guys for sharing helpful information and experiences about different cases!
My interview is scheduled after 3 weeks CN: EU201400335*** and i already have got all the documents ready to be sent but i'm a bit confused about my case:
Now i am 23 but when i was 16 i moved from my country to England in a English course training with a (2 weeks student visa) but i didn't turned back, which means i registered there as a asilum seeker because i wanted to study in England. After 2 years (16-18 years) i came back home vulnetary because i got it hard to study there, didn't get any help and i didn't want to miss the studies in my country after that, this happen in 2007-09.
The reason why i'm writing here is because of this case, is it possible that my DV to be refused ? I have got the Police Certificate from there already with "NO TRACE" answer!
Any help please ?
Thanks!

Hello everyone!
It's my 2nd time writing here and i wanna thank all of you guys for sharing helpful information and experiences about different cases!
My interview is scheduled after 3 weeks CN: EU201400335*** and i already have got all the documents ready to be sent but i'm a bit confused about my case:
Now i am 23 but when i was 16 i moved from my country to England in a English course training with a (2 weeks student visa) but i didn't turned back, which means i registered there as a asilum seeker because i wanted to study in England. After 2 years (16-18 years) i came back home vulnetary because i got it hard to study there, didn't get any help and i didn't want to miss the studies in my country after that, this happen in 2007-09.
The reason why i'm writing here is because of this case, is it possible that my DV to be refused ? I have got the Police Certificate from there already with "NO TRACE" answer!
Any help please ?
Thanks!

The NO TRACE thing is fine - it just shows you have no criminal record.

However, I am more concerned about your education qualification. Your education up until 16 is not enough, you would have had to do more. So - what qualifications do you have that you will say are to meet the US High school standard?

The NO TRACE thing is fine - it just shows you have no criminal record.

However, I am more concerned about your education qualification. Your education up until 16 is not enough, you would have had to do more. So - what qualifications do you have that you will say are to meet the US High school standard?
Thanks for your response Britsimon!
I am already studing in University!

Thanks for your response Britsimon!
I am already studing in University!

OK - but how did you meet the requirement to get in to university? In England for instance you would have taken A levels and you would have needed 3 good passes to get into Uni. That would be the point that is equivilent to US High School.

You are posting on the aos thread - so are you in the US already? Are you at University in the US? If so - did you pass a GED or something to get accepted onto the course?

OK - but how did you meet the requirement to get in to university? In England for instance you would have taken A levels and you would have needed 3 good passes to get into Uni. That would be the point that is equivilent to US High School.

You are posting on the aos thread - so are you in the US already? Are you at University in the US? If so - did you pass a GED or something to get accepted onto the course?
No i'm not in America and sorry for posting here but i didn't find a good thread for my case. I am studing back in my country somewhere in Europe!

No i'm not in America and sorry for posting here but i didn't find a good thread for my case. I am studing back in my country somewhere in Europe!

OK - we will stop cluttering the aos thread. I notice you haven't answered my questions about your education. Given that you are in University already I would imagine you met the standard needed, but if you have any doubts post a new thread or PM me to discuss how you got from being 16 in the UK to being in Europe in University...

OK - we will stop cluttering the aos thread. I notice you haven't answered my questions about your education. Given that you are in University already I would imagine you met the standard needed, but if you have any doubts post a new thread or PM me to discuss how you got from being 16 in the UK to being in Europe in University...
I finished the upper secondary school because i came back from England and started where i left it, had 2 more years to finish and after that i went to Uni.

My question was about any refusal possible due to the reason that i 'broke up' visa given to me to trave to England, not about the education because i met the standard needed but i note it "i wasn't staying there as illegal and i was under 18', anyway thanks #Britsimon! :)
I finished the upper secondary school because i came back from England and started where i left it, had 2 more years to finish and after that i went to Uni.

How many years of "Proof of tax filed" is required for the interview? Been in the US for 8 years, need all 8 years of proof or just couple of years of "Proof of tax filed" is enough?

How many years of "Proof of tax filed" is required for the interview? Been in the US for 8 years, need all 8 years of proof or just couple of years of "Proof of tax filed" is enough?

Hi @k1fuzed , you will need the Tax receipts of the past 3 years only (2013,2012 and 2011).

Good luck,

I have couple of more questions my friends. I have just received an email for me and for my wife about USCIS Acceptance Confirmation (we have different receipt numbers). My first question is what is the next step? Should I just wait until I get the NOA and BIO letter? Is it possible that the application will be rejected after I received this acceptance email?

Also, when I am checking my case status it is written that “Your case is being processed at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location”, does it mean that Nebraska is my field office? We are from Illinois. Thank you all for your help!!!

I have couple of more questions my friends. I have just received an email for me and for my wife about USCIS Acceptance Confirmation (we have different receipt numbers). My first question is what is the next step? Should I just wait until I get the NOA and BIO letter? Is it possible that the application will be rejected after I received this acceptance email?

Also, when I am checking my case status it is written that “Your case is being processed at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location”, does it mean that Nebraska is my field office? We are from Illinois. Thank you all for your help!!!

The email s th NOA. You will get a letter, but the email shows they accepted your case. Next, your case will be sent to a FO (near your home address), and they will schedule a bio.

Just an update on my follow to join case for my hubby. They have been sending me back and foth, from KCC to USCIS back to KCC..... At some point, the KCC guy told me on phone to contact my hubby's embassy. I emailed them on Friday but upto now, they have not replied.Finally, I decided to file for I-824 and forget about everything they have been telling me on phone. Hoping for the best from this point onwards.

You should go back to your FO, don't simply fill out the I-824 and send it in. Take the form down to your FO in person and explain your dilemma,your FO is responsible for forwarding your form to the applicable US embassy, time is of essence if your want your husband to get his GC before Sept 30th.

Just a couple of years is all you need, 2 -3 years is fine.

First of all, can you please not post with such large and bold fonts? They're hurtful to the eyes.

Now, regarding your case, not quite sure why it got transferred to the Nebraska Service Center. I know USCIS is doing load shedding and transferring some case files from the National Benefits Center to the Nebraska Service Center, but the cases I know of that are being transferred are the I-130s (petition for alien relative). Not trying to scare you, but I hope your lawyer did not include anything in your package to indicate your application was a family sponsored one? Anyway, you might want to give USCIS a call once you receive the NOA to find out why the case got transferred to Nebraska.

First of all, can you please not post with such large and bold fonts? They're hurtful to the eyes.

Now, regarding your case, not quite sure why it got transferred to the Nebraska Service Center. I know USCIS is doing load shedding and transferring some case files from the National Benefits Center to the Nebraska Service Center, but the cases I know of that are being transferred are the I-130s (petition for alien relative). Not trying to scare you, but I hope your lawyer did not include anything in your package to indicate your application was a family sponsored one? Anyway, you might want to give USCIS a call once you receive the NOA to find out why the case got transferred to Nebraska.

my sister's case was accepted and is also now processed at Nebrasca Service Center. should it not be? she is also in IL.

The email s th NOA. You will get a letter, but the email shows they accepted your case. Next, your case will be sent to a FO (near your home address), and they will schedule a bio.

When I am checking our status on the USCIS website I see the following steps for us: Acceptance (we are there), Initial Review, Decision, Post Decision Activity, and Card Document Production.
I could not find there the Interview Step. What does it means? And why our case is being process in Nebraska Service Center Location? Since we are live in Illinois I was assuming that our Field Office will be in Chicago.
Thank you for your help!

my sister's case was accepted and is also now processed at Nebrasca Service Center. should it not be? she is also in IL.

I'm not quite sure, maybe it's a new practice. You can however also call USCIS to find out why it went to Nebraska and not the NBC.

Reactions: CWH
Does your sister has the same steps that we have?

yes, hers is at the acceptance step. she also received NOA letter with an A#. where are you in IL? she is in champaign. as far as we know, people here in our town will have a biometrics in indianapolis, IN

Last edited: