• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

What if I'm not continuing to study at that school, should I still tell them my a-number? Thank you!

Then you can simply update your status by letting the school know you're now a LPR so that they can close out your SEVIS record, however you're not required to disclose your A# to them.

Why is it such a big deal to disclose the A#? What are the implications?

Most people may not consider revealing their A# a big deal. I personally happen to strongly believe in keeping my personal information PERSONAL. I wouldn't disclose personally identifiable information to someone just because they're asking for it, when they have no business listing it in the first place.

hey my friends who are still around. I got my global entry card approved yesterday at JFK:p. It only took about 5 mins to get interviewed done and approved at the same time at Customs and Border Protection Office. It was less pressure this time. I submitted my application last week and scheduled an interview to a nearby airport online. The cost is $100 for 5 years of fast pass line at all US international airports and landports. I just want to share this great thing about being green. Take care everyone.
Here is the link about global entry program
http://www.cbp.gov/global-entry/about

hey my friends who are still around. I got my global entry card approved yesterday at JFK:p. It only took about 5 mins to get interviewed done and approved at the same time at Customs and Border Protection Office. It was less pressure this time. I submitted my application last week and scheduled an interview to a nearby airport online. The cost is $100 for 5 years of fast pass line at all US international airports and landports. I just want to share this great thing about being green. Take care everyone.
Congrats and thanks again for sharing this program. I suppose I don't travel as much these days so $100 seemed like a bad investment. Definitely good for frequent travelers since it saves significant time.

@sm1m
Then you can simply update your status by letting the school know you're now a LPR so that they can close out your SEVIS record, however you're not required to disclose your A# to them.
How can I let US embassy of my country that my visa status has change? Or is it automatically changed?

@sm1m

How can I let US embassy of my country that my visa status has change? Or is it automatically changed?

The embassy isn't keeping track of you, you don't need to let them know anything, the information is irrelevant to them.

Hi everyone! As a new LPR, I have been told that i needed to get a health insurance, is that right? Is it required by law? I tried to apply on this website: https://www.healthcare.gov. Is this the right place to go

Thank you.

That is correct - you are required to have insurance how and that is the right site to start although that site may push you to a state run version of the same thing. If you don't get insurance you may eventually be subject to a small fine - but those fines are going to be small in the first few years of ACA.

That is correct - you are required to have insurance how and that is the right site to start although that site may push you to a state run version of the same thing. If you don't get insurance you may eventually be subject to a small fine - but those fines are going to be small in the first few years of ACA.

Thanks @Britsimon.

Hi Everyone again!

I have recieved my green card for a month already, but today I just got the email from USCIS asking more evidence on my pending case!!! :eek:
there's my IO's officer name signed at the bottom, and on the 2nd page listed of the document that they needed. I am a bit confused right now -- how come? Actually, I am going to give them a call tomorrow but i am so worried right now. @Britsimon @Sm1smom please advise

Thank you very much.

Hi Everyone again!

I have recieved my green card for a month already, but today I just got the email from USCIS asking more evidence on my pending case!!! :eek:
there's my IO's officer name signed at the bottom, and on the 2nd page listed of the document that they needed. I am a bit confused right now -- how come? Actually, I am going to give them a call tomorrow but i am so worried right now. @Britsimon @Sm1smom please advise

Thank you very much.

Please don't worry over this - I'm sure it is a case that they just failed to close the other case. Give them a call and sort it out - but do not worry!!!

How long do you have to be a LPR to qualify for Global Entry?