• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

This seems to be the normal pattern, from what I have observed in the past few months. I also read Mom and Simon reassuring everyone that that's normal so I suppose it's nothing to worry about. Your card is on its way!
Thank you! I joined the group lately so I missed most of the details, but I learned a lot from here! I am glad this is how it goes.
For my family members the order was as the following: acceptance, initial review, decision, then card production and few days later the tracking number (without going through the post decision activity).

This is very strange, my online status changed from Card/Document Production (On September 24, 2014, we ordered production of your new card)to Decision (On September 24, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status). I guess the IO ordered the card before mailing the welcome letter. The process of our application for GC can be a good case of study! Normal does not have a place in our world :confused:

Yup - totally normal..... Just ignore it.

Hey guys.
I know this isn't the right thread to post but I need help and would appreciate if anyone would answer or direct me to right forum thread.
So as you all know I went green 9/8/14 and got my GC 4 days after. Before my AOS I carried a B1 visa and had applied for EOS. Just received a denial notice 8days later for my EOS saying I've to leave this country and no longer qualify for EOS due to my AOS saying am showing intent to stay. Guys if u can help me out on what to do next please do. Shd I contact USCIS and update them of my GC status cause I thought since it's the same body they shd be able to see that in their systems. Any response is appreciated n I apologize for inappropriate posting but am freaking out.

Hey guys.
I know this isn't the right thread to post but I need help and would appreciate if anyone would answer or direct me to right forum thread.
So as you all know I went green 9/8/14 and got my GC 4 days after. Before my AOS I carried a B1 visa and had applied for EOS. Just received a denial notice 8days later for my EOS saying I've to leave this country and no longer qualify for EOS due to my AOS saying am showing intent to stay. Guys if u can help me out on what to do next please do. Shd I contact USCIS and update them of my GC status cause I thought since it's the same body they shd be able to see that in their systems. Any response is appreciated n I apologize for inappropriate posting but am freaking out.

So they have denied your temporary visa application. So what? You have a GC - they obviously have to do something about the B1 application - its just a matter of closing that case - but it is irrelevant since you have the GC. So - nothing to freak out about at all.

So they have denied your temporary visa application. So what? You have a GC - they obviously have to do something about the B1 application - its just a matter of closing that case - but it is irrelevant since you have the GC. So - nothing to freak out about at all.
I knew I could count on a quick response from you Simon. I feel so much better. Thanks.

Hi guys
Thank you so much for the help and advises.We got our green cards yesterday really fast in a week after the interview.I am so happy that everybody in this thread got their green cards.It was a such a great thing that I found this forum people like you especially @Britsimon you are amazing and helped hundreds of people in this forum and you are still helping them. I am very knowledgable about other kinds of visas since I went through almost all of them:) but I did not know much about the lottery application.I could not explain myself about a month ago when I was saying that the program is going to the last day. It was a feeling plus I don't believe that they exactly cut off when it is exactly 50K visas there is always flexibility and time for administrative processes and it looks like it is going to be around 53K with Aos.
Again thank you so much all DV2014 friends, you guys were all great.
I updated the timelines for the this year winners.
Everybody enjoy your new status....
Goodbye..

Hi guys
Thank you so much for the help and advises.We got our green cards yesterday really fast in a week after the interview.I am so happy that everybody in this thread got their green cards.It was a such a great thing that I found this forum people like you especially @Britsimon you are amazing and helped hundreds of people in this forum and you are still helping them. I am very knowledgable about other kinds of visas since I went through almost all of them:) but I did not know much about the lottery application.I could not explain myself about a month ago when I was saying that the program is going to the last day. It was a feeling plus I don't believe that they exactly cut off when it is exactly 50K visas there is always flexibility and time for administrative processes and it looks like it is going to be around 53K with Aos.
Again thank you so much all DV2014 friends, you guys were all great.
I updated the timelines for the this year winners.
Everybody enjoy your new status....
Goodbye..

Cheers Tony!

Oh man, just read the nerve-racking story of @jj777 and soooo happy that Boston FO corrected their error. If your case was still not resolved, I would have PM'ed you my lawyer's info right away (I just tuned back in since Sept 16th). Truly awesome that you fought til the very end and didn't let them take it away from you!!! :D

SM1 THE MACHINE and SIMON are the true stars of this forum, although I think it goes without saying that SM1SMOM aka SM1 THE MACHINE is LEGENDARY!

2 more days and we all call it a wrap. If anyone from Boston area wants to grab a drink and talk about this whole process, then I would be happy to meet. This whole forum reminds me of the Breakfast Club, except our name would be Dream DV2014 Team!

Guess what? My card was supposed to be delivered last Sat. However, the postman didn't drop the mail because he though my mail box is not secured (no lock) enough(according to USPS online status). He didn't leave a note either. I have to travel tomorrow, so I went to the post office near me first thing today to find out if the mail was held there. A super friendly guy went to look but said my mail was not there. Luckily, he gave me the delivery supervisor's number and then was transferred to the postman in charge of my neighborhood. He asked my address and checked my mail. He said, "I will drop by your house first and deliver the mail in 2 hrs." Officially, I am green today at 10am.:D But why the photo on the card is black and white?:mad:

@Britsimon. There have been many strange things in DV2014. Can one of them be that visa issue may spill over until a few days after today? Try to check the CEAC Friday and see if all movement stopped 30 Sep prompt!

Again, keep CEAC related questions on the CEAC thread(s). Going forward CEAC questions posted on none CEAC related threads will be deleted!

@jj777 guess what? just got a call from my field office telling me they are about to deny our petition cause we filed too early…sigh. I can't…UGH. Posted details in the DV 2015 AOS thread and waiting for mom and simon's advice there. :(:eek::confused:

What if I'm not continuing to study at that school, should I still tell them my a-number? Thank you!

I would say you don't have to tell your school because you have a permanent status and the report from school will not affect your current LPR status. However, it's just a matter of going to an international student office to have your status updated. It's better to properly close your SEVIS record rather than leave it hanging or have your school reporting you did not maintain your full-time student status store last SEVIS record.

Last edited: