• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Back to decision again saying they mailed another welcome notice :confused: How many notices am I getting lol
They wanna make sure you feel welcome before you get the green card. They are sending you again because you didn't feel welcome enough. If you still don't feel it after the third notice, you have to undergo a "Welcoming boot camp" to get you GC.

JK :) They are not sending a second letter. It's just a standard message. Ignore it :)

Congratulations from the bottom of my heart! I am so glad for you:D As of this date, I would like you to be known as Heroine jj777 in tribute to your well-fought battle. :cool: Seriously, although full of drama, there was a valuable lesson in your story at least for me. Enjoy your LPR status and thanks for sharinng this great news!:)

I couldn't do it without you guys. Victoria truly belongs to Team 2014 AOS. Together we are united. Congratulations to everyone!:oops:

Phew! Finally. We can all sleep now. Enjoy your new status. You should get your card very soon :)
Sorry to keep you awake. Thanks for worrying for me though. Did you get your card? By the way, try to apply for global entry card on CBP website. It will allow you a lot faster to pass the passport line in all airports. Just scan your passport at a koisa machine and you are all set.;)

I know some of you might want to know this breaking news.
I just got a text message noticing my status just changed 30 mins ago.
I could hear my heart pounding. I nervously opened the link......

I am in tears again, but this time it is all good ones. (Hope I didn't read it wrong).
I think this feeling is way better and fabulous than winning an Oscar award. It is not because I am becoming green, but it is the strength to fight the unknown to the end. No pain, no gain. I think I can relate to it well.

First, I want to start with a big thank you to Simon!!! It was because of you who used your own time to come up with two strong defending statement letters very quickly to have them reopen the case in such a short time. Also, many of you, including mom, boston_aos, Mammad, wreck_it_ralph, Kingkong, CWH, c1984, andyaos, betty 123, urbanite, kukilask, 2014Euro40xxx, vladekl5425, lfitis2be, tonyLA, hopper, Ngalob0123..... ,who have given me lots of great advices and supports, even I don't know you personally, but I thank you deeply from bottom of my heart.

2014 AOS journey of this post may stop here, but the bound among this 2014 AOS family will never end. I hope you all the best. Let me know if I can help you with anything in the future. Thank you! ^^
I am so happy for you JJ777!!

Hello guys, I am happy for all of you who finally reached to the happy ending!! My husband and my children have just received their cards yesterday, mine though, still pending at the initial review stage "your name was updated relating to your I485,". I hope it will move before those seven days are already over.

Hello guys, I am happy for all of you who finally reached to the happy ending!! My husband and my children have just received their cards yesterday, mine though, still pending at the initial review stage "your name was updated relating to your I485,". I hope it will move before those seven days are already over.

Oh yeah, yours is still outstanding. Oh my goodness. Have you paid your FO/IO a visit since your interview?

I am sorry but do you mean the DV fees. I did the same things for my application as I did for my family members. The interview officer told me on the interview that she has not received the my background check, and that she will send an expedite email and it will be done in 2 days, and she told me I do not have to worry about 9/30. My status has not changed since then, while my family members' were updated with each step.

I am sorry but do you mean the DV fees. I did the same things for my application as I did for my family members. The interview officer told me on the interview that she has not received the my background check, and that she will send an expedite email and it will be done in 2 days, and she told me I do not have to worry about 9/30. My status has not changed since then, while my family members' were updated with each step.

Do you have an infopass booked??? You have to push them along - they cannot leave this past 9/30.

Sorry my previous post wasn't clear. I mean have you gone back to your FO since then? You should attempt a walk-in if you can't book an infopass for the next day or two. Don't rely on the IO's reassurance about not worrying regarding Sept 30th. You need to get moving!

Sorry my previous post wasn't clear. I mean have you gone back to your FO since then? You should attempt a walk-in if you can't book an infopass for the next day or two. Don't rely on the IO's reassurance about not worrying regarding Sept 30th. You need to get moving!
Oh no it is me! My stress is affecting my understanding badly! I am going this Thursday if I don't get anything by tomorrow.

Sm1smom meant whether you went for an infopass (appointment) at your local field office since the interview. You can book an infopass by going to the following website:

https://infopass.uscis.gov/

Sorry to keep you awake. Thanks for worrying for me though. Did you get your card? By the way, try to apply for global entry card on CBP website. It will allow you a lot faster to pass the passport line in all airports. Just scan your passport at a koisa machine and you are all set.;)
Yes! I got mine. I've never heard of the global entry card. I'll check that out. Thank you for the tip :)