• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Mom,

quick question for you. So I checked my status online with the receipt number they provided and its says that the file was accepted on July 11 along with the Biometric fee. The interesting thing is that my check hasn't been cashed yet. Would this impact anything ? If they have lost it , should I volunteer and check with them and send them a new one? Thoughts?

Thank you :)
The stressful one,

Relax, it will be cashed in a few days...

I do not think it's THAT big of a problem because they can probably check via database your last entrance/departure from the US. I feel like that it would surely make the IO feel more at ease.
Let's see what @Sm1smom thinks about this and anyone else, who encountered similar situation!

Thank you for your response! Yes, any comments from sm1smom and others would be greatly appreciated!!

@alpha_wolf,

Since your home country keeps expired passports, having a copy of all the pages to present to the IO at the time of the interview would have been great. However, not having it is not a show spoiler. USCIS already have all the information about your arrival/departure information, and all visas issued to you in the past. However, not having that is not a show spoiler just like @lookmanohands already posted.

If you're aware of this doc, it may be interesting:
http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...ents/2012/April 2012/NBC-FloridaBar042412.pdf

These are the relevant part:
Question 8:What are the current processing times for DV Lottery cases which must be completed by September 30, 2012. Are the local field offices cooperating with scheduling these in a timely manner?
Response 8:preliminarily, we note that “winning”the State Department’s annual DV “lottery”does not ensure that an applicant will be found eligible to adjust status on the basis of the DVprogram. Selection in the “lottery” merely renders the person eligible for further processing for aDV visa (or adjustment of status) in the relevant fiscal year. An alien may not apply for adjustment of status before the current State Department Visa Bulletin indicates that a DV visa number has become available to the person in question. USCIS has procedures in place to process DV adjustment applications in an expeditious manner, but because of existing variables (e.g., admissibility, need to complete background checks), it is impossible to guarantee that theagency can approve a given I-485 application beforethe end of the relevant fiscal year. DV cases are initially identified by the Lockbox. When the Lockbox identifies DV cases, a coversheet is placed on the file indicating to NBC that the application is a DV case. As thesecases are received at NBC, they are sorted and shipped immediately tothe Field Office with jurisdiction. Interviews for these cases are manually scheduled by the Field Office with jurisdiction as soon as possible.DV lottery applicants will be scheduled for biometrics through the normal system; however, if necessary, the Field Office may send the applicant to the ASC to expedite the capture of biometrics and fingerprints.NBC tracks DV lottery cases from the date electronic case data is entered into our Local AreaNetwork (LAN) to the date the case is shipped tothe local office. As of 5/22/12, 961 DV cases have been received by NBC in FY 2012. These were shipped to the Field Offices on average in10.2 days. During FY 2012, NBC has shipped 165 DVlottery cases to the Field Offices in the Southeast Region. There have been 107 DV cases sent to Field Offices in Florida.If you are concerned about the processing of a particular DV Lottery I-485 application, please contact the NBC so we may review the matter.

Question 9: What methods should members use to bring these DV Lottery cases to the attention of NBC to make sure they are being processed in a timely manner.Making inquiries through NCSC will not work as they will not take inquiries on cases unless they are at least 30 days past posted processing times.
Response 9: To clearly identify the applicant’s DVstatus to the Lockbox, submit the I-485package with the “Notification of Selectee Letter” starting with “Congratulations” from theDepartment of State with the applicant’s DV casenumber. This letter states the applicable DVyear and fiscal year in whichthe applicant is eligible. On Form I-485, the applicant shouldcheck box “h” under Part 2, Application Type, and write or type “DiversityVisa” in the blankwithin box “h.” NBC recommends filingas soon as possible after receiving the“Congratulations” letter to ensurethat the application is processedprior to the end of the fiscalyear.

Mom,

quick question for you. So I checked my status online with the receipt number they provided and its says that the file was accepted on July 11 along with the Biometric fee. The interesting thing is that my check hasn't been cashed yet. Would this impact anything ? If they have lost it , should I volunteer and check with them and send them a new one? Thoughts?

Thank you :)
The stressful one,

Dear stressful one,

Send them a new check? hmmmn! possibly not a bad idea, just be sure to write SM1 in the issued to section of the check, and you can mail to forums.immigration - it will most certainly get to me - and I promise to cash the check as soon as received :D

Ok, now that I'm done teasing and making fun of you, you can relax. The most important thing is that you have the acceptance notification. USCIS sometimes take their sweet time in cashing the check, that's not something for you to worry about. I guarantee you, since they've accepted your package and sent you the formal acceptance notice, they will certainly be cashing the check in due course.

Did my interview today and card production has been ordered this evening. Looking forward to a follow to join process for my husband. I want to thank everyone in this forum, you enlightened me a lot.:)

Congratulations! Have you began the follow-to-join process for your husband? Did you file form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition with USCIS to begin the process of sending your file to the applicable US embassy for your husband?

@alpha_wolf,

Since your home country keeps expired passports, having a copy of all the pages to present to the IO at the time of the interview would have been great. However, not having it is not a show spoiler. USCIS already have all the information about your arrival/departure information, and all visas issued to you in the past. However, not having that is not a show spoiler just like @lookmanohands already posted.

Mom,

I am so relieved that not having all pages of my old passport is not a show spoiler :). By the way, I got a letter from my home country's embassy that states my passport was indeed renewed, just in case.

Appreciate your valuable comments!

If you're aware of this doc, it may be interesting:
http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Notes from Previous Engagements/2012/April 2012/NBC-FloridaBar042412.pdf

These are the relevant part:
Question 8:What are the current processing times for DV Lottery cases which must be completed by September 30, 2012. Are the local field offices cooperating with scheduling these in a timely manner?
Response 8:preliminarily, we note that “winning”the State Department’s annual DV “lottery”does not ensure that an applicant will be found eligible to adjust status on the basis of the DVprogram. Selection in the “lottery” merely renders the person eligible for further processing for aDV visa (or adjustment of status) in the relevant fiscal year. An alien may not apply for adjustment of status before the current State Department Visa Bulletin indicates that a DV visa number has become available to the person in question. USCIS has procedures in place to process DV adjustment applications in an expeditious manner, but because of existing variables (e.g., admissibility, need to complete background checks), it is impossible to guarantee that theagency can approve a given I-485 application beforethe end of the relevant fiscal year. DV cases are initially identified by the Lockbox. When the Lockbox identifies DV cases, a coversheet is placed on the file indicating to NBC that the application is a DV case. As thesecases are received at NBC, they are sorted and shipped immediately tothe Field Office with jurisdiction. Interviews for these cases are manually scheduled by the Field Office with jurisdiction as soon as possible.DV lottery applicants will be scheduled for biometrics through the normal system; however, if necessary, the Field Office may send the applicant to the ASC to expedite the capture of biometrics and fingerprints.NBC tracks DV lottery cases from the date electronic case data is entered into our Local AreaNetwork (LAN) to the date the case is shipped tothe local office. As of 5/22/12, 961 DV cases have been received by NBC in FY 2012. These were shipped to the Field Offices on average in10.2 days. During FY 2012, NBC has shipped 165 DVlottery cases to the Field Offices in the Southeast Region. There have been 107 DV cases sent to Field Offices in Florida.If you are concerned about the processing of a particular DV Lottery I-485 application, please contact the NBC so we may review the matter.

Question 9: What methods should members use to bring these DV Lottery cases to the attention of NBC to make sure they are being processed in a timely manner.Making inquiries through NCSC will not work as they will not take inquiries on cases unless they are at least 30 days past posted processing times.
Response 9: To clearly identify the applicant’s DVstatus to the Lockbox, submit the I-485package with the “Notification of Selectee Letter” starting with “Congratulations” from theDepartment of State with the applicant’s DV casenumber. This letter states the applicable DVyear and fiscal year in whichthe applicant is eligible. On Form I-485, the applicant shouldcheck box “h” under Part 2, Application Type, and write or type “DiversityVisa” in the blankwithin box “h.” NBC recommends filingas soon as possible after receiving the“Congratulations” letter to ensurethat the application is processedprior to the end of the fiscalyear.

It isn't "news" as such - but it is a good reference. Thanks!

Mom,

I am so relieved that not having all pages of my old passport is not a show spoiler :). By the way, I got a letter from my home country's embassy that states my passport was indeed renewed, just in case.

Appreciate your valuable comments!

That's even great!

I checked this 2014 timeline on google. Why some people's CPO(card production) date before their interview date? It doesn't make any sense.

Somebody has messed with the timeline. I don't think any of the columns to the right of the interview date are valid anymore. Somebody deleted a few cells and things have gone out of sync.

I checked this 2014 timeline on google. Why some people's CPO(card production) date before their interview date? It doesn't make any sense.

Somebody has messed with the timeline. I don't think any of the columns to the right of the interview date are valid anymore. Somebody deleted a few cells and things have gone out of sync.

It is very annoying that some fool has gone ahead and messed up with the spreadsheet, despite the warning for people to not try and sort or add new columns! I'm putting it on a lock down for now, meaning no one can edit - of course everyone can still see it - while I try to restore it to some previous version which is more accurate. Some information may be lost in this process, but so be it!

Hey guys,

When do you think is a reasonable time to start following up on your case through InfoPass/Congressman/expedite request? I did my biometrics last week and I know it is (maybe too) early to receive IL. But, when I compare the time lines of this FY to that of 2013 it seems like things are going slower, whereas the number of applicant has increased and that makes me very worried. What's your guys take on it?

Hey guys,

When do you think is a reasonable time to start following up on your case through InfoPass/Congressman/expedite request? I did my biometrics last week and I know it is (maybe too) early to receive IL. But, when I compare the time lines of this FY to that of 2013 it seems like things are going slower, whereas the number of applicant has increased and that makes me very worried. What's your guys take on it?

You've already done very well in getting on so fast. From the timeline you only just went current on July 1, and it hasn't even been a month since you sent in your paperwork. So I personally think you need to keep the weapons in reserve for now. Give them a couple of weeks more at least.

Hey Simon,

Are congratulations in order or what? According to the timelin spreadsheet your CN became current on June 1st and you got your GC on Feb 5th? Wow! how on earth did you do that? :eek::p

Hey Simon,

Are congratulations in order or what? According to the timelin spreadsheet your CN became current on June 1st and you got your GC on Feb 5th? Wow! how on earth did you do that? :eek::p

LOL - no, sadly that isn't true. No time machine involved - not sure how that date got in there...

1 week passed after the interview and still "acceptance". many people see the changing in a same day. i don't understand what is wrong with our condition. they will not give us the green card?