• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Hi:
I wanna know what did they say??
I am still waiting for my interview, so nervous!!
it's been one month after doing biometric...
I just think maybe I should make an InfoPass to ask...
any suggestion??

Thank you!!
They took all my documents, went in the back and came back with my interview date. They admitted that the september cut-off date was real.

It says in the interview notice that I have to prove that I wont be a public charge by having a sponsor provide the I-134 ,his bank statements and other financial documents. Since he's abroad right now, will they accept faxed documents? It's the only way to get them to me fast.

I would love to also hear from F-1 students who already did their interview

Yes, I am getting all the copies from school - they do have them on file.

In addition, I am contacting our embassy to get a letter saying that once renewed, we do not keep our old passports.

Let me ask you: at the interview, did they ask you if you had intended to immigrate when you had applied for F1 visa before?

Thanks!

I don't think you are screwed.
I think your school keeps copies of I-20's, passport and visa page. Ask them what do they have on file.

Yes, I had my old passport (they let me to keep it). Anyway, I made a copy of main page and all pages with stamps and visas before I renewed it.
Also I remember I was told to bring passport with visa, I-94 and I-20 when I came to school for the first time so that they have copies on my file.

It says in the interview notice that I have to prove that I wont be a public charge by having a sponsor provide the I-134 ,his bank statements and other financial documents. Since he's abroad right now, will they accept faxed documents? It's the only way to get them to me fast.

I would love to also hear from F-1 students who already did their interview

abidjan,

I did not have my interview yet, but I am preparing the following with regard to sponsorship:

1. Sponsor's 2013 W2 copy
2. 2013 tax return copy
3. Two pay stubs copy
4. Copy of green card
5. Original signed I-134
6. Maybe a letter from his employer

But others are more knowledgeable than me and may provide better info.

They took all my documents, went in the back and came back with my interview date. They admitted that the september cut-off date was real.

Thank you! So, I need to bring all my original documents with me to the infopass??
So, what did you say to them??
Thank you!!

I am scheduled for an appointment in Mid August. I am from Nepal. Looking at the CEAC data, and given a rate of 3% rejection rate for Nepal, most likely Nepal will hit 7% cap (will exceed 3500 visas) by the time of my interview. Really looking for the latest CEAC data to see visa progression for Nepal. :(

I am scheduled for an appointment in Mid August. I am from Nepal. Looking at the CEAC data, and given a rate of 3% rejection rate for Nepal, most likely Nepal will hit 7% cap (will exceed 3500 visas) by the time of my interview. Really looking for the latest CEAC data to see visa progression for Nepal. :(

Lets hope for the bests. Stay optimistic.

Hi mom , it,s me again with the big CN 84*** didn't show up in VB , please I couldn't, find case experience of Sagirl one of our members in this wonderful forum . Please send me the link if you have it, thank you.

Hi mom , it,s me again with the big CN 84*** didn't show up in VB , please I couldn't, find case experience of Sagirl one of our members in this wonderful forum . Please send me the link if you have it, thank you.

I'm sorry that SAgirl derailed the thread a bit but her experience did not have any lessons for you. She had a high number but not a number that was above the cutoff. I'm very sorry for you, but the visa bulletin states in black and white that visas are not available to people who are not below the cut off: "When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number"

@monh and @2014Euro40XXX

I wanted to let you know that I received the text and email notification that my AOS package was accepted and routed to USCIS National Benefits Center. Check hasn't been cashed yet. Any news on your end ?
Wow, that is great news, urbanite! Congratulations...hopefully, process is going to get faster for you from there !

Unfortunately, still no news here...still waiting and I am really starting to get concern. However, I do not think I can do anything until formal 30 days period had passed since I had my AOS package shipped, which was June 26th (reached Chicago) ! Just waiting game and constant stomach cramps!!!

Thank you for sharing and updating us, good luck!

Last edited:
Wow, that is great news, urbanite! Congratulations...hopefully, process is going to get faster for you from there !

Unfortunately, still no news here...still waiting and I am really starting to get concern. However, I do not think I can do anything until formal 30 days period had passed since I had my AOS package shipped, which was June 26th (reached Chicago) ! Just waiting game and constant stomach cramps!!!

Thank you for sharing and updating us, good luck!

Wait and be patient, I'm sure you will get it soon. It took my package 21 days to get accepted, so hang in there and let me know :)

fingers crossed for all of us :)

@monh and @2014Euro40XXX

I wanted to let you know that I received the text and email notification that my AOS package was accepted and routed to USCIS National Benefits Center. Check hasn't been cashed yet. Any news on your end ?

hmm! where's that person that was so worked up and agitated a couple of days ago and wanted to send in a new AOS package? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Again, I'm sorry you missed the cut-off number after waiting for so long to become current. Here's the link to the SAGirl's experience you requested:

DV 2013 AOS Only

Again, I'm sorry you missed the cut-off number after waiting for so long to become current. Here's the link to the SAGirl's experience you requested:

DV 2013 AOS Only

Part of her nightmare experience was that she had not sent in her paperwork when it could have been sent (1st July would have been recommended at that time) and partly that she did a follow to join process WAY LATE in the year. But she was current, which sadly you are not, Vicemaroc. I'm sorry this happened to you Vivemaroc. Time for plan B.

Part of her nightmare experience was that she had not sent in her paperwork when it could have been sent (1st July would have been recommended at that time) and partly that she did a follow to join process WAY LATE in the year. But she was current, which sadly you are not, Vicemaroc. I'm sorry this happened to you Vivemaroc. Time for plan B.

That's right! Nothing in her experience that could be of benefit to Vivemaroc or the fact that she's asking him to still go ahead and send in his application when his CN is not current. Absolutely nothing!