• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

My aos package was mailed August 14 received August 15 , maybe sent late :-(

Yes that is about a month after it could have been sent. However, with luck you will be processed at one of the Field Offices that move quickly - but you really need to get the infopass to push them along.

My aos package was mailed August 14 received August 15 , maybe sent late :-(

In that case not receiving the bio notice by now is still in line, it's not late! You left your submission a little bit late. My guess is the bio notice should be mailed within the next one week or so

Another question I 797-c did not list any priority date is this normal? I think I might call them shortly regarding status

They shouldn't be contacting USCIS. They should be talking to FBI. They are the ones running your background check.
I have to email the secretary a privacy release form back. I will ask her to contact the FBI as well. However I have been doing a little bit of research lately and FBI itself says that the only agency that can ask for expedition of a background check is the agency that requested it in the first place.

I have to email the secretary a privacy release form back. I will ask her to contact the FBI as well. However I have been doing a little bit of research lately and FBI itself says that the only agency that can ask for expedition of a background check is the agency that requested it in the first place.

That is correct. The congress person does not have the jurisdiction to request an expedite on a background check request submitted by USCIS.

Plus even if they do, they will be reluctant to do this! No politician wants to be held responsible or tied to the possibility of being accused of making the FBI look incompetent thereby clearing someone with evil plans against the US.

P.S. THIS IS NOT TO SAY THAT I THINK YOU, MAMMAD, HAVE SOME SKELETONS IN YOUR CUPBOARD HENCE THE DELAY WITH YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK!!

That is correct. The congress person does not have the jurisdiction to request an expedite on a background check request submitted by USCIS.

Plus even if they do, they will be reluctant to do this! No politician wants to be held responsible or tied to the possibility of being accused of making the FBI look incompetent thereby clearing someone with evil plans against the US.

P.S. THIS IS NOT TO SAY THAT I THINK YOU, MAMMAD, HAVE SOME SKELETONS IN YOUR CUPBOARD HENCE THE DELAY WITH YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK!!
Quite. No politician in her/his right mind will initiate for the FBI or any other government entity to rush a mandated security screening process along. No problem with trying, of course...

Thanks for info, my mistake sending it late :-( calling them this afternoon let's see how it goes, Monday is Labor Day ah another holiday , lol

Hi, everyone!
Congratulations to everybody received GC in DV-2014 and best wishes and good luck to those in line!
I received my GC four weeks ago.
Just happened to read Raevsky post in russian forum. He posted this funny video about high CN's
My cn was one of those considered high. Hope you will have a good laugh.

Last edited:
Hi Simon
I passed 150 days from my interview I send an email to embassy if my AP is finished give me chance to drop my passport and they responded that:
Dear inquirer,
If you wish to drop your passport you can do so however please keep in mind that we may not receive any visa number in September.

Sincerely,

IV Unit,

US Embassy, Yerevan, Armenia

What do you think and suggest me?

Hi Simon
I passed 150 days from my interview I send an email to embassy if my AP is finished give me chance to drop my passport and they responded that:
Dear inquirer,
If you wish to drop your passport you can do so however please keep in mind that we may not receive any visa number in September.

Sincerely,

IV Unit,

US Embassy, Yerevan, Armenia

What do you think and suggest me?

What a completely unhelpful response :(
One assumes your AP is complete.
Well, if you don't drop your passport you definitely won't get a visa so I would suggest dropping it off and hoping there is a number available at some stage....

Hi, everyone!
Congratulations to everybody received GC in DV-2014 and best wishes and good luck to those in line!
I received my GC four weeks ago.
Just happened to read Raevsky post in russian forum. He posted this funny video about high CN's
My cn was one of those considered high. Hope you will have a good laugh.
Haha! As an EU35XXX, I can relate to this.

Hi Simon:
September is coming.
50647186.jpg

Guys, is it possible to book two infopass appointments? When I enter my info to book the second one, instead of the table that you choose the timing of your appointment from, a copy of receipt of the first one shows up!

Guys, is it possible to book two infopass appointments? When I enter my info to book the second one, instead of the table that you choose the timing of your appointment from, a copy of receipt of the first one shows up!

This question was asked about 2 or 3(?) pages back, the answer is 'No'. You either have to attend the first one or cancel it before you can book a new one.

This question was asked about 2 or 3(?) pages back, the answer is 'No'. You either have to attend the first one or cancel it before you can book a new one.

For a couple, there is a way. Each book info pass appointments. And include the other on the attendees...