• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

This is correct. I wouldn't encourage someone with a LPR status to engage in voting EVEN if your local government allows it if you plan on applying for citizenship down the road. It's a decision that could come back and bite!
I didn't vote even in my own country so I will probably not vote here also :p I am not into politic at all.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT!!! I just checked our case status and it says Card Production.... :') It's mean we going green??? Oh God...
I am so happy! I am so thankful for all of You, for help from You Sm1smom and Britisimon especially and that I was so brave and able to make it for such a difficult process by my own withour attorney (Asylum pending based AOS).
Thank You so much for every second You spend to respond to my questions. If You could feel my happiness right now... ;') I am crying like a Baby! Good luck rest of You and wish You the best!!
What a relief man :)
BTW I also became green check my picture profile ;)

Mom said it! One of the few things that can revoke your GC and end y our dreams of citizenship is to vote as an LPR. Better stay away from it for another couple of years.

You are however entitled to contribute to political campaigns if you really badly want to support your favorite politician or cause.

Hi everyone, I have been following the blog, thanks for the information. Unfortunately I still haven't received the bio letter, I have received E acceptance last Thursday, may I check if online case status should say bio letter was mailed, right now it's says acceptance of biometric fee and application being reviewed at Nebraska service center, do they send bio letter?should online status say bio letter mailed? And baltimore office send interview letter? I am in MD. I understand I should not walkin without a bio letter , correct ? I was thinking to call their number, pls help, thanks

Hi everyone, I have been following the blog, thanks for the information. Unfortunately I still haven't received the bio letter, I have received E acceptance last Thursday, may I check if online case status should say bio letter was mailed, right now it's says acceptance of biometric fee and application being reviewed at Nebraska service center, do they send bio letter?should online status say bio letter mailed? And baltimore office send interview letter? I am in MD. I understand I should not walkin without a bio letter , correct ? I was thinking to call their number, pls help, thanks
?'s your case no.......which country you applying for
you got almost 1 mth left if you are doing AOS.
It took me 3 weeks after I got e-acceptance for bio
another 4 weeks to have my interview taken................

Hi AS region, current sept, doing aos, may I check if online status should say bio letter mailed? Yea that's why panicking :-(

Hi AS region, current sept, doing aos, may I check if online status should say bio letter mailed? Yea that's why panicking :-(
You remain in acceptance status until one or two day after a successful interview, so do not panic. Bio letter is usually sent about a week after receiving the notification of acceptance letter and the bio appointment itself is scheduled for two weeks after. People have tried walk-in appointments even the day after receiving the bio letter and many have been successful. Hopefully everything works out for you before the end of the month.

Last edited:

First thing, book an infopass. Do that now if you don't already have one.

As Mammad mentioned, the status doesn't give much detail. However, the bio isn't normally a holdup. The things that are causing issues, are the background check, the FO requesting the file from KCC and getting the interview scheduled. Then we have some FOs that don't know how to complete the case after the interview.

As mentioned you cannot push the background check, but you can call and ask KCC whether your file was requested by the FO. The reason for the info pass is to make sure you get an interview as soon as possible. The FO may even let you do Bio while you are there for the info pass.

When did you submit your aos pack? Did you follow the instructions in the spreadsheet at the beginning of this thread?

First thing, book an infopass. Do that now if you don't already have one.

As Mammad mentioned, the status doesn't give much detail. However, the bio isn't normally a holdup. The things that are causing issues, are the background check, the FO requesting the file from KCC and getting the interview scheduled. Then we have some FOs that don't know how to complete the case after the interview.

As mentioned you cannot push the background check, but you can call and ask KCC whether your file was requested by the FO. The reason for the info pass is to make sure you get an interview as soon as possible. The FO may even let you do Bio while you are there for the info pass.

When did you submit your aos pack? Did you follow the instructions in the spreadsheet at the beginning of this thread?

Just to add to this, one thing you can do to push the background check is to do a walk-in Bio. The earlier you do the Bio the sooner your background check will start. That's the only reason for doing a Bio walk-in really. That and the pleasure of getting one more thing out of the way as soon as humanly possible :)

So I called the secretary in my congressman office and explained my situation and the ongoing background check problem that I have. She told that they can't force USCIS to place the expedite request but they can ask for the status of my case and covey my concerns. I don't think it will have any effect but had to do whatever I am able to! I am reporting all my efforts hoping that it might come useful to future DV applicants that might read this forum.

So I called the secretary in my congressman office and explained my situation and the ongoing background check problem that I have. She told that they can't force USCIS to place the expedite request but they can ask for the status of my case and covey my concerns. I don't think it will have any effect but had to do whatever I am able to! I am reporting all my efforts hoping that it might come useful to future DV applicants that might read this forum.

That's the attitude. Keep up the good fight man :)

It is good that you called - as you say, do the best you can. We still have a few weeks left to run - so there is enough time for you!

They shouldn't be contacting USCIS. They should be talking to FBI. They are the ones running your background check.