Any January filers out there?!?!

Got my Green Card today in the mail! Woot Woot! I am done! Yea! Do not give ATL, SweetcityWife, and everyone else, your day is coming!

Congrats Nothere2001

Congrats my friend. Your wait is finally over. I am happy that you have received your GC in the mail.
Well, nothing new at my end. It will be exactly 2 weeks tomorrow since my interview on Sep 22nd. I have scheduled an infopass apptt for Tuesday Oct 7. Lets see what I findout. Will keep u all posted.

Infopass apptt experience today

I went to the receptionist and asked for the officer. Unfortunately the officer was out on vacation for the last 2 weeks. This tells me that he left for vacation right around after our interview on Sep 22nd. I still didn't give up and asked for this other jr. officer who was also present at the interview. I was aksed to go to the 3rd floor. I waited in the lobby and then this officer came out and called my name. He took me inside his office and told me that this other Sr. officer had requested this other file so that they could merge both files together but as of today things haven't changed. This officer will return back from vacation next week, keeping in mind Monday is a holiday, Columbus day I suppose.
I told the officer that it is hard for me to take time off from work and come back to check on my case. I requested him to give me his direct number. He gave me his business card and asked me to follow up with him middle of next week. By then this other officer would be back and it will also give him the opportunity to have a word with him & remind him again just incase he forgot about it. One thing that he assured me was, the background checks are all completed.....it's just this dual file issue & according to him, he doesn't see this as a big issue.
The point I was trying to make was, yes we cannot be to anxious or get frustrated about the wait, but I wouldn't sit hand in hand, be relaxed & do nothing about it. These officers do need reminders time to time, otherwise the file could be resting somewhere in the corner collecting nothing but dust.

same issue as atlanta brother

passed the interview on 15th Aug.....still waiting for the dual file to be transferred from east coast to Sanjose office.....we did get a letter in mail from the eastcoast bcis on 30th sept saying that they have sent our case to CA and that CA center has jurisdiction over it now......

we have scheduled the infopass for tomorrow to find out the update on our status....will let you know what happens.....

cma38,

It will be almost 2 months next week since your interview and no GC yet. Man, this is ridiculous. I plan on staying on top of this. I will be following up with the IO directly middle of next week to see if there was any movement with my wife's I-130 file.
Please keep us posted.

All the best

gnr5,

Lots of luck to you for your interview this Wednesday. Please try to take extra documents with you just to be on the safe side. The last thing we want is the officer not being able to make the decision on the spot and asking you to fax/mail you missing documents.
I am sure you will be fine. Please keep us posted.
Good luck to you again.

To my best knowledge i'm bring documents of everything, there are a couple where I'm just taking the originals and they can keep them if they want as I can get extra copies online.

Anything else PLEASE let me know.

Quick Recap (Top 10 list)

Hi gnr5,

Here is a list of documents that were asked to provide by both of us at the time of the interview:

1) USC's natz certificate
2) Children's Birth Certificate/s (very important)
3) Job letter or offer letter
4) Copy of last year (2007) tax returns
5) Joint assets such as leasing paperwork, insurance paperwork, bank statement with both names.
6) Social Security number should be remebered by the applicant.
7) Address of your house/apt could be asked by the officer.
8) Marriage certificate and also remember how and when you guys met.
9) What was the applicant doing before marriage? Was she a student or was working somewhere.
10) Remember the date and time your kids were born.

Just stay calm and relax, don't stress out. Just be yourself and you guys will do fine. Keep in mind the officer also pays close attention to your behaviour and the way you interact with each other and kids.

Good luck.

Great! Thanks, we have everything on your list plus all photos. We don't have any kids so don't need to worry about that.

Waiting

gnr5,

It is 2pm EST. Waiting to hear some good news from you. It's your big day today. I hope your interview went well and walked out of USCIS office with a big smile on your face. Write back with details. Can't wait to hear from you.

Sorry guys, got to back right after the interview so I'm taking a few minutes to write my experience.

Got there at 8:35 for the interview at 8:45am. This is the fourth floor at the Miami DO, supposedly this is where they do the stokes interview. I've known of 3 couples going to the fourth floor and getting a tough interview. The rest of the people that we knew were interview on the first floor without a hassle. With this in mind we were a LITTLE nervous, but calmed overall. We saw a couple that were separated. Anyhow, at 9:00am the IO called our name.

She asked us for IDs and for pictures of the wedding right away, I told her that we didn't have any since we wanted to get married at a church in our home country with our family and for that to happen we needed her green card. She said ok and proceeded to look at our regular album. She asked us how we met, we said back in middle school when she was 13, and we started dating when she was 16. And she noted our pictures were really old and then joked that I had lost lots of hair since then. We talked to about my hair loss for about 10 mins and she gave us advise on how to fix it. I told her that my hair loss is due to my marriage, she laugh and went back to the interview process.

She then asked how we support our house, we said with our jobs, asked us to give a quick description about what we do (she is in the medical field, i'm in the software development field), ask us for a copy of our pay stubs and bank account and any joint document (gave lease).

She only kept the bank accounts in order to prove I make enough money now to remove our sponsor, then printed a piece of paper and said "I APPROVED YOUR CASE" gave us a letter stating that as of today she's a LPR and will recieve her green card within 2 weeks.

That's all.

She did not really ask us anything out of the blues and was more interested about the trips and my 'hair loss' than anything else, overall 25 mins, but only about 7 were devoted to the interview. We are now EXTREMELY happy!

Good luck everyone, I will answer any questions!

Congrats

Congratulations gnr5. I am very happy to hear your good news. I am glad your wait finally came to an end. Please let us know once you receive the actual GC in the mail.
As far as my wife's GC is concerned. It has been over 3 weeks now & there is no word yet. Don't know how much time USCIS needs to order that I-130 file, merge the file and come up with a decision. Please pray.

No she didn't stamp it. SHe gave us the letter that states that if by 90 days still no green card I can issue an infopass and get my passport stamped, or I can do that before 90 if travel is required