Any January filers out there?!?!

Good luck!

still no IL rose.....not to get you worried but a lot of us feb seattle filers have gotten our ILs, you should have gotten yours by now as well. but still not to worry. it should be coming soon as it seems they have it in for you for some reason. ill never wrap my head around how they do things at USCIS

Rose: I also think you should look into your status: do not worry, but do not let them forget about you :) Atlanta Brother kept asking for Infopass appointments, and I think that helped him. I'm a Seattle April filer and my interview is next week.

js360: good luck!

Congrats

Cool, Happy for you meek1234. I am glad that you got your GC in the mail today. Mine will probably get here tomorrow or next week.

Have a great wknd guys.

update....GC came in mail

hey guys....finally my husbands GC came in the mail on saturday nov 1st....he did get his welcome letter 3 days prior to that......good to heat about meek123 and gnr tooo........c'ya guys in 2-3 yrs when applying for his citizenship.....
thanks for all your updates aswell which made this journey more predictable:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
GC is here

Finally, my wife's green card is here. I just got back from Boston so I don't know if the card arrived in yesterday's mail or came in today. The good news is, it's here :D.

Thank you all for all the support. We may plan a trip to Pakistan in the next 2 weeks since my wife hasn't been home in the last 5 years.

I will be around to check up on other users who may have questions that I may be able to answer.

Take care & bye.

Congrats!

A big congratulation to you and your wife. You are finally done :)
Have a safe trip and enjoy.

Finally, my wife's green card is here. I just got back from Boston so I don't know if the card arrived in yesterday's mail or came in today. The good news is, it's here :D.

Thank you all for all the support. We may plan a trip to Pakistan in the next 2 weeks since my wife hasn't been home in the last 5 years.

I will be around to check up on other users who may have questions that I may be able to answer.

Take care & bye.

Congratulations all who just recently got their GC's. I'm very happy for all of you.

Just one more week and I'm hoping to be very happy and very relieved.

Good Luck to both of you

TNguy and Rose_uw,

I wish both you lots of luck & best wishes. TNguy, you have another week to go before you go thru your interview. I hope & pray that your interview goes well & you get approved that very same day.

Rose_uw, have you followed up with your local DO to find out how your GC process is moving & when you should expect an interview letter? Please stay on top of it. Get as many people involved there at your local DO to check up on your case/file coz one person may not give you the answers you are looking for. Supervisors are usually helpful and knowledgable.

Keep us in the loop. Good luck.

fellows, I got my GC today had my interview on 23rd Oct. I got the welcome notice and also a letter from my field office similar to the welcome notice explaining the 90 day procedure ect ect...at the end it had a

Note: You must register with U.S selective services

Do i have to register some where? you guys have similar letters?

fellows, I got my GC today had my interview on 23rd Oct. I got the welcome notice and also a letter from my field office similar to the welcome notice explaining the 90 day procedure ect ect...at the end it had a

Note: You must register with U.S selective services

Do i have to register some where? you guys have similar letters?

Congrats on the GC :)

If you are 26 or younger you have to register with selective services. Just make sure you do so, or you'll have to explain why you didn't when you apply for citizenship down the line. It really is just a formality though, I've been registered with selective services for 5 years, but other than a notice saying i was registered, i never heard anything else about it.

Woodenshoe,
Thanks for the reply, i am over 30, where does it say that if your 26 and below that one should register? Just want to make sure.

Right here. It actually is through 25, not 26 as i thought. You should be just fine.

On a side note, I don't know if the rules changed, but they told me way back when that i had to register for selective service (don't remember if that was on my J1 or F1). All i know is that I was registered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that something. Rose, you made my day :D

Your patience paid off to tell you the truth.

A Big Congrats to you and your husband.

Good luck to you.

Atlanta_Brother, thanks for your support and kindness. To be honest I'm not a patient person at all but in this case I couldn't do much beside after I got the EAD and the job I kind of forgot about the whole thing!!! But yes, it does feel good to know it's gonna be over soon, hopefully!

Finally received the IL! I bet I'm the last person of Jan filers!

congrats rose....you have to be the most patient person here.

edit. i just read your above post. lol...you sure do hide it well then....a lot of other people show there frustration but through all the holds up and long waits for you, you have showed nothing but patience and good spirit. im super happy for you.