Any January filers out there?!?!

Nop,

We kept everything, she didn't keep a thing from us, maybe just a copy of the bank statements and paystubs, she didn't keep pictures or any other relevant copies that i thought she was going to keep

gnr5,
Sorry for asking you so many questions. Could you please tell me if you also notice an update on the online status when you log on. After the interview did you see a LUD with a new date, I mean Oct 15th. Please share.
The reason I ask you this is coz my wife's online status has not changed since August and ATL DO keeps telling me that we will get a decision any day now. Are they just saying it and if there is any reality to it, howcome I don't see LUD with a new date. I even don't see my interview date of 9/22 there, keeping in mnd that we were interviewed and the IO was constantly working on his computer during the interview and did click lots of buttons......who knows.....may be I am thinking too much :mad:

Hey guys,

I don't care about the questions, keep 'em coming. I haven't gotten any new LUD. Nothing online.

I got a LUD

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On October 16, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

All the best

Good luck for your interview tomorrow Meek. Hope you get approved tomorrow right there and then.

Can't wait to hear your good news. Also our infopass apptt is scheduled for 9am Wed morning. Please pray for us too.

Hi guys,
Sorry for delay. Grn5 you are right I was busy in the evening in celebration but during all day i was driving NJ to CT again CT to NJ. Over all it was very nice. Here is how it went..

We reached there at 10:30. We had appoinment at 11:40. It was large hall. Around 40 people were already waiting there so thought we will defineately called late.Then we saw at least 8-9 different IO comming out of their office and speaking Candidate's Name for Interview as soon as they finish with last candidates. So one IO called us at 11:30 !!.
We followed him.He said before you seat he want to sear us to tell the truth.that we did. then he ask us about ID. The way he was talking was nice very co-operative So my half tension was gone. Then he ask me my Passport if i have.

Then he ask following questions:
(1 to me) : Did you graduate from same university?
(2 to me) : Did you work currently based on your major?
(3 to my wife) : Since how long you have been married?
(4 to my wife) : do you have any childdren? if yes give me his/her birth certificate?
(5 to my wife) : do you work currently?
(6 to my wife) : do you live at same address?
(7 to me) : As your wife is not working i need some kind of benefits and documentation from your employer. i gave him paystubs and Helth insurance card.

he entered all information from that card.
He then said to me if you have any questions: I ask if my name check has been cleared?
he said yes. Then i said : Am I approved. He said yes you are...... I will stamped your PP and you will get card in two-three weeks.I will ordered it today.
That was it. He was very friendly. Only two-three questions he asked all other time he was veryfing information fromabove questions.

good luck guys

Thanks,
Meek.

Good luck for your interview tomorrow Meek. Hope you get approved tomorrow right there and then.

Can't wait to hear your good news. Also our infopass apptt is scheduled for 9am Wed morning. Please pray for us too.

Hey Atl,
Thanks buddy. Yes He approved me. I will pray to god that you will get GC ASAP.

Believe it or not

First of all congrats to Meek1234. Extremely happy for you.

As you all know that we had our infopass apptt this morning. We were there at the USCIS exactly at 9:15am. We were given a number and were asked to take a seat in the lobby.
Our number was called within 15 mins. The officer asked me what's the reason of our visit today & we told him that we are here to check the status on my wife's pending GC case. I took the whole family with me that ofcourse included my wife and 2 kids. The officer said that everything looks good in the system and I should wait for another 21 days & will hear something in the mail. He also said that the officer is working on my case right now....I said, ok....fine, but could you please tell me if the file is now in Atlanta and has that been already transferred. He looked at his system and said yes the file is here. I somehow was still not convinced so I asked the officer if he could tell me when did the file get here so that I can get some idea. He said that the file was transferred back in Aug. I said.........wait a minute officer, this doesn't make any sense......you must be talking about I-485 filee before the interview. I am talking about I-130 which was missing at the time of the interview & should have been requested annytime after Sep 22nd. He said...hmmmmmm.....let me see whats going on and us to have a seat in the lobby till he checks on something & gets back to us.
He made us wait for 15 mins & in the meanwhile got up from his chair, went back and probably made couple of calls. He came back after 15 mins & asked us to go to the 3rd floor, wait in the lobby and wait for my wife's name to be called by the officer. We immediately went to the 3rd floor, waited for about 10 mins. This officer came outside & called my wife's name. Now, keep in mind that this is the same officer who was on vacation last time I visited the USCIS office couple of weeks back. He asked us to follow him to his office. He said that our case needs to be reviewed again. Asked both my wife & me to raise our right hands and swear to tell everything truthfully. We took our seats and he started the interview process all over again. How we met, how long have we been married. How much do I make, when did I get my citizenship, have we been in trouble with the law bla bla.
In the end he asked for my wife's passport. Opened up his drawers, took out his red stamp pad and stamped her passport saying that he is giving her the GC approval and as of today she is officially a GC holder. He said that give it about 3 weeks for the actual card to come in the mail. He then asked my wife if he could shake her hand, congratulated us and walked us out.

I cannot believe that this long wait finally came to an end and my wife is now a GC holder and can travel with me to back home. We decided to wait for the actual GC card to come in the mail & I have heard that it doesn't take too long these days.

I want to thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart for always giving me positive feedback and praying for me.

I will be around & will keep u posted till I get my GC in the mail.

Grn5 & meek1234......question for you guys since you recently got your GC approved. How long does it take for the online system to change the LUD. Did you guys see any new date after approval with any message?

Thank you again.

Last edited by a moderator:
ATL BRO:

FINALLY! I am very happy for you. When I read this post it put a big smile on my face, lol! It took my card 2 weeks to get my card, hope yours comes in 1 week! WOOT WOOT CONGRATZ!

Hey ATL, Big Big congrates Man......I am very happy for u....
Just now i checked and LUD is there

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

You can expect this tommorow i guess.

Thank you guys

Thanks Nothere for the best wishes.

Hey Meek1234, that was super fast. I hope my wife also gets an update on her USCIS online status as well with a new LUD tomorrow like you said. The officer who stamped my wife's passport today did not do anything on the computer while he was interviewing us. I hope after we left and after he walked us out, he went back to his office, worked on his computer, clicked some buttons and ordered the card.

What was your experience like? Did the IO order the card in front of you or you think they do it at the end of the day or may be after we leave....hehehehehe

Congratulations Altanta_Brother - that's the way to stay persistent and to make sure that whatever they told actually made sense. Good thing you asked about WHEN the file arrived!

congrats ATL brother, this has been a long journey for you and a complicated probably stressful one. congrats and hope your life is full of joy from this day on.