Any January filers out there?!?!

Infact I was thinking about JanFilers today. It's been so quiet here esp in the last few days/weeks. Seems like everybody got their GC's and ran away....lol.
I plan on being around atleast until my wife gets her actual physical GC in the mail.
Cheers

Where are these 2 ?

No news from sweetcitywife and Rose_uw. Haven't seen them in a while. Hope they got their interview letters and approvals too.

Sorry i havent written lately. I have only received the letter stating that my petition has been approved. No interview letter yet. How do i find out what service center we are at? And remember my husband is in Jordan, not the US.
Thanks for worrying about me everyone.
thanks, sweetcitywife

Sweetcitywife,

Most people on this thread are doing Adjustment of Status (eg: spouse is already in US). This site has a good description of the consular processing steps:
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/

You posted that you received the I-864 bill, but didn't post since. This should describe your next steps.

-ML

K1 -> I-485 -> I-751 -> N-400

Now filing I-130/I-485 for parent...
DO: Santa Ana, CA

5/13/08 - Parent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
5/22/08 - checks cashed, receipt numbers from Missouri MSC (NBC)
5/25/08 - Notice dates for all notices
5/29/08 - LUD I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 (received and pending at NBC)
6/07/08 - Fingerprint appointment letter received
6/12/08 - Fingerprint appointment date
6/12/08 - LUD I-485/I-765 (no change, still received and pending at NBC)
7/29/08 - LUD I-485 - RFE sent out, case on hold
7/30/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still on hold for RFE)
8/04/08 - RFE received, request for tax return, 87 days to respond
8/05/08 - Sent RFE response to NBC (regular mail)
8/14/08 - LUD I-485 (RFE received, case processing has resumed)
8/15/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still case processing resumed)
8/18/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still case processing resumed)
8/18/08 - LUD I-765 - EAD approved / card production ordered
8/18/08 - LUD I-131 - AP approved / approval notice sent
8/19/08 - LUD I-131 (no change, still approval notice sent)
8/26/08 - AP received, multi entry valid for 1 year from 8/18/08
8/29/08 - EAD received
8/30/08 - Case transfer to CSC (letter received, no web update)
9/03/08 - LUD I-485/I-130 (case pending at CSC)
9/04/08 - LUD I-485/I-130 (no change, still case pending at CSC)

Hey Guys,
Next coming INTERVIEW DATE is 9/22/2008 and ATL is the Person.
Then we have on 10/15/2008 bunch of guys Nother,cma.grn,
then my turn 10/21/2008.
Please post ur experiance here!!.

Yes, exactly a week from tomorrow. The interview is scheduled for Sep 22nd at 9am at Atlanta DO. Please pray guys that it goes well just like the rest of us. Without a doubt, I will post the experience after we get back from the interview. I understand it's a pretty straight forward case with over 4 yrs of marriage and 2 kids together, joint assets like bank account, utility bills, car insurance, leasing paperwork, pictures from our vacation together with & without kids, airline tkts showing we traveled to few cities together in 2005/2006 and 2008, hmmmmmmm whatelse do u guys think of? Anything that I may be missing. Please give your input and thoughts, I need it. We have been waiting for this day for over 4 yrs, so you can understand the feeling. One thing which I was concerned about was my employment. I work on & off on various projects nationwide on 1099 as an independent consultant. My last project ended in July and since then I have been out of work and was looking for another project to start soon. I am hoping that this week I should get another project starting on Sep 23rd (one day after the interview). If I take the offer letter showing my start date and salary, I hope that will serve the purpose. I don't know how much having an employment counts esp on the day of the interview. When I had filed the case back in January, I was working on a project.

Hi Guys,
There were before one folder for Interview experience of folks at main page but now i cant see there.
Do you now where can i find it???

Hi everybody,

Just want to check in and wish Nothere2001, Atlanta_Brother and anybody else who has the interview coming up good luck.
No news on my side, except that I got the AP last week (applied end of June since I'm not sure when I can expect to get the GC) and got a job last month so have been pretty busy that's why I haven't been checking in as much as I used to.

Again all the best to you guys

Thank you

Thank you Rose_uw for remembering Nothere & me. My interview is scheduled for Monday & Nothere's interview is on Tuesday.
Good that you got your AP approved. Please check with your DO to see whats happening regarding your GC interview.

Good luck!

Hope your interviews go well. Please do not forget to let us know about the questions, length, etc.

Roseuw is under Seattle DO. From Seattle, only JS360 has just received the IL, so I guess hers should be coming up soon.

Getting ready for the interview

It is past midnight now. My wife and I are going over the forms, paperwork and all the necessary documents to make sure we are ready for tomorrow. Thanks guys for the best wishes. I will post our experience after we get back from the interview. I have an appointment at 2:30pm with a client tomorrow afternoon. My plan is to come home after the interview, relax for a while and post the experience before I leave again around 2pm, but just incase I am not able to log on before 2pm, I promise you will hear from me in the evening for sure. Sit tight and pray for us :). Catch you guys later.

Thanks everyone for praying for me! I have been away for a while but I nice to know that everyone noticed I had my interview coming up =)! I am getting ready but it kind of hard to know what to expect. I am bring a copy of everything i think i will need and even stuff that i will not need but you never know. I still cant belive it took this long but hey the end is near!

ATL: I am sure you passed with flying colors so I am giving you a CONGRATZ even while your in the interview! I am that confident in you =P !! YOUR FINALLY DONE! WOOT WOOT!!

No decision

Just got back from the interview. This is how it went.

We got there at 8:45am about 15 mins before the interview. My stupid idiot attorney was waiting for us in the lobby. We were called around 9:05am by this white male officer (age around 60). When we got to his office, there was this another chinese IO sitting there as well. I thought, may be that chinese IO must be jr. IO and would watch or must be training but it was the other way around. This chinese IO was more experienced than this white IO.

The interview started. My wife was asked to stand & raise the right hand & answer everything truthfully.

1) Can I see both your picture id's
2) When & how did you enter US
3) How many time have you been to US before
4) How did you two meet
5) How long have you been married
6) Are these your kids? We took the kids to the interview
7) How old are they? This little one looks quite old for his age, can we see his BC?
8) What did u do back home before coming to US? My wife said that she was a student.
9) What's your home address here in US
10) What is your SSN, show me please.

8) IO asks me, when & what time was he born & what about the daughter
9) Please show me your last year's tx return
10) Where do you work? If you are not working now, can we see a new offer letter showing start date and salary.
11) How did you get your citizenship, when & did u ever get in trouble with law. How did u first enter US? How did you get your GC and what year.
12) You guys have any assets together, like house or anything.
13) The officer kept my lease paperwork, credit card statements, last year tax return, birth certificates and most importantly I-94 from my wife's passport.

He saiid that everything looks great. Since we have dual files in the system, we have to wait for 5-6 days or maximum of 15 days. You will get the decision in the mail and if you don't hear from us in the next 15 days, my name is officer xxxxx and his name is officer xxxxx. You can come back and look for us, knock our doors and follow back with us.

That's it guys. I am a bit disappointed as I was looking forward to getting approved right away. I dunno what to think. It's just the matter of few days, weeks or several months for this dual file issue. Really don't know what to think anymore.

If you have something to share, please write back.

Thanks again for your support.