Any January filers out there?!?!

I am waiting too

Congrats Sharina on receiving your GC. You got your GC in 2 weeks, isn't it? When are you planning to fly to India now that you have your GC in your hands?
meek1234, please don't forget that you & I are in the same boat. Look at my time line. My interview was descheduled back in April and still no word regarding my wife's IL. Just waiting patiently. What else can we do? Is it just me & you left who filed their application in January or is there someone out there too?

Let's hope

I hope you are right meek1234. I was told that my wife is now in que for her interview as her background checks are all completed as of July 29th. According to the supervisor at Atlanta DO, USCIS will be looking for an available slot to schedule an interview for her. I think I will wait for another 2 more weeks and schedule another infopass exactly after a month since our last infopass apptt on Aug 6th.
meek1234, I am praying for you and pray for me :)

I am the last one left here

Looks like I am the only one left who still hasn't received IL yet. Anyone else here who like to raise their hands......lol. I hope not.

By the way, I called the cust service number today. Was transferred to the officer. He told me that the case is still pending but one thing interesting that I found out was that my wife's file was transferred to Atlanta DO on Aug 11th. I went ahead and scheduled an infopass for Monday September 8th.

Guys, please pray for me. I really need it.

IL is here.....finally...Can't believe it

Hey Atl.. you will receive IL soon I will pray for u....

meek1234, looks like your prayers are answered.

Hello all,

Received our IL in the mail this afternoon. I still can't believe it. It's scheduled for Sep 22nd at 9am. I can't thank God enough. You guys are great. You all have been so supportive. I am so happy. Little over 3 weeks to go and hopefully this time will fly by quick. Good thing is atleast we have something to look forward to.

Thank you again guys. I think I was the last one who had filed in January. Let's hope the interview goes smooth.

Wow! We made it! That was the last one of us that need to get the IL Letter! Now we need to switch the topic of this thread form IL to the Actual Interview. We are almost there guys! WOOT WOOT!

Happy to see all you guys either got your GC or IL. I haven't been here for a while since I was on vacation and after that have started working. Seems like I'm the only one who hasn't got the IL:( Oh well, I might have to make another visit to Seattle office and give them another push. They probably have forgot or lost my case!!! I won't be surprised...

Yea!!! Atlanta!! FINALLYYYY!!!! Rose, relax, it will come, my timeline and yours is very close. !!!

I'm excited, i'm going on vacation this weekend, as soon as we get back we will gather everything together for the interview!

Congratulations!!!

To the fortunate January filers :D

Rose: I agree with gnr5, we're getting closer. Besides our DO seems to be the slowest in the nation. I did schedule an Infopass and will go there to find out how come NOBODY :confused::confused::confused::confused: from Seattle has heard from them.

Congrats on all/most jan filers.

I don't know why Seattle is moving so slow? but I saw someone's post from another forum saying they were sending out late Dec filers IL. Rose, relax, yours will come very soon.

Be Faithful...

IL Seattle

Congrats on all/most jan filers.

I don't know why Seattle is moving so slow? but I saw someone's post from another forum saying they were sending out late Dec filers IL. Rose, relax, yours will come very soon.

Be Faithful...

I have also read that. Since interviews for naturalization and green card interviews are done @ the same office by the same people I've checked Seattle's N-400 (naturalization) thread and in fact the DO is sending IL's for people in December. Apparently, at least in our DO, there are many more N-400 filers than I-485/I-130 filers...

Having an attorney present

Just a FYI. Our case was filed thru an attorney. He called us the other day and told us that he will be there on the day of interview to accomapany us. He is not charging any extra to show up for the interview, but if someone can give me any idea based on their experience if taking an attorney would be a good idea or should I ask him not to show up. There were two school of thoughts to this scenario.

1) Having an attorney around could make the officer uncomfortable and he may not make a decision on the day of our interview.
2) Having an attorney present could make not ask us unecessary questions and make us uncomfortable.

Though our case is pretty straight forward. Our I-130 has been approved. It was approved ast year. We have been married for over 4 yrs with 2 kids (boy & girl) ages 4 and 2. Joint accounts together and have pretty much whats needed for the interview.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.

Attorney

Hi Atlanta,

I think it all depends on you: I don't care so much for attorneys. In numerous cases I have seen (here in this forum) that they really do not care if your case goes through or not, and unless you feel like if s/he's part of the family or makes you feel super confident I wouldn't care for taking him/her. Now, if s/he's a people's person, and gets along with the IOs like if they were BFF I would take him/her with me.

Personally, regardless of my attorney's personality or skills, I think an interview that is looking to confirm the authenticity of my marriage doesn't need this third party involved. That would be even more valid in your case because you have children, and a long life together (in these days more than 3-4 years is long ;))

Lots of luck, and congratulations on your upcoming interview. I'm sure it will be great :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Kirkland for the advice. I thought so too of not taking the attorney with me but if he just wants to show up as a part of his service, then why ask him to backoff. If it is not going to hurt our case, who cares if he shows up or not. Let's see if other have any comments or suggestion but please don't take me wrong coz what you said makes 100% sense.