• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
any body know about this

Registering for DHL Courier Service

As of October 1, 2013, all immigrant visa applicants are required to go on-line and register for courier service provided by DHL prior to their visa interview by visiting the following website: http://usvisa-info.com/. All immigrant visa applicants must bring a printed copy of the “register for courier confirmation page” to the consular interview as evidence they have taken this mandatory step.

During the registration process, the applicant will choose one of two DHL locations in Addis Ababa as the pick-up location for any issued visa. Completing this on-line registration process is the only way for an applicant to obtain his/her issued visa. Applicants who do not register prior to their interview will experience delays in obtaining their issued visa.

Dear ntna,

I have not heard of such thing till now. After reading your case i tried to call the US embassy with this number 011-130-6000. A lady picked and transferred me to a voice mail which says "the issued visas are only to be collected through Abisinia Bank and for this purpose you will pay 50 birr after the interview". Please you also check and let us know if you hear something new.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi natna, i have registered for DHL courier service but i do not think it is necessary, because i have received my visa through Abyssinia bank.

hi natna, i have registered for DHL courier service but i do not think it is necessary, because i have received my visa through Abyssinia bank.

Hi Kid123,

Thank you for the clarification. That's what i thought as well.

Pls Kid123 one question, where did you do your medical examination, how long it took and how much it cost you?

Reply pls....

hi ormania the medical cost is 1130 but if u took it on American medical center they add 350 for vaccination

hi ormania the medical cost is 1130 but if u took it on American medical center they add 350 for vaccination

Hi natna

Really? 1,130 birr or Dollars? Where did you do your medical? how long it took, one day or two?

BTW kid123 was saying he collected his passports from Abissinia Bank, not from DHL.

dear ethiopian winners please help me

I am a winner of DV 2014, and i have sent my forms to the KCC two months ago, sep 30,2013 via DHL, and I have received confirmation from DHL. But i have not received any confirmation of delivery from kcc. what is the problem behind this. and i will be current in January.
My case no is 2014AF00012***. And does kcc send me 2NL without confirmation of delivery. Thank you 4 ur reply.

I am a winner of DV 2014, and i have sent my forms to the KCC two months ago, sep 30,2013 via DHL, and I have received confirmation from DHL. But i have not received any confirmation of delivery from kcc. what is the problem behind this. and i will be current in January.
My case no is 2014AF00012***. And does kcc send me 2NL without confirmation of delivery. Thank you 4 ur reply.

No they don't send you a confirmation of receiving your forms, so there is no problem. The first thing you would get is the 2NL. Given that you sent your forms late, you may still get an interview in January, but if not, it should be February.

Hi gett, As britsimon said it noting to worry about. If you want send KCC an inquiry email if they have received your mail or not. They will reply to your request. Just relax and finish preparing your documents.

Here is how i communicated KCC and how they reply:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dear Sir/Madam,
My name is XXX YYY. I am one of the lucky winners of the 2014 DV lottery. I have sent my documents to the Kentucky Consular Center on June 24/2013. I wanted confirmation for its receipt.

NAME: XXX YYY ZZZ

CASE NO.: 2014AF00031***

DATE OF BIRTH: J** 1*, 19**

WIth best regards.

Tjey reply like this...
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Please refer to the visa bulletin on our website at www.travel.state.gov after the 15th of September to locate the current numbers being processed.

Rhonda

Support Contractor - Serco Inc.

CA/VO/KCC

Diversity Visa Unit

Phone: (606) 526-7500

Email: KCCDV@state.gov
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi natna

Really? 1,130 birr or Dollars? Where did you do your medical? how long it took, one day or two?

BTW kid123 was saying he collected his passports from Abissinia Bank, not from DHL.

hi ormania yes it is 1130 birr i was taking it behind cadisco building bole road IOM but my husband was taking American medical center sunshine building meri luke then we pay for him additional 350 for vaccination. and the time it used 1 week

hi ormania yes it is 1130 birr i was taking it behind cadisco building bole road IOM but my husband was taking American medical center sunshine building meri luke then we pay for him additional 350 for vaccination. and the time it used 1 week

Thanks natna! Thats a great info. That's realy cheaper than what i heard in the Kenyan forum. 3,390 for three of us is ok i think. Thanks.

hi ormania, i did my medical @ st. yared hospital around Megenagna. it costs 1130 birr for the first medical examination and another 350 birr for Vaccination. it took them about three weeks to process my result.

hi ormania, i did my medical @ st. yared hospital around Megenagna. it costs 1130 birr for the first medical examination and another 350 birr for Vaccination. it took them about three weeks to process my result.

Thanks Kid123,

3 weeks? i think i will go for IOM as natna said. Thanks its a great help. Please do visit us now and then to answer our questions if there is any!

Cheers!

Kid123 , natna and others one question for you,

how did you pay your USCIS fee? in birr or dollar?

Thanks.

Congratulation to All DV winners from Ethiopia!!!

please help me out here my CN DV2014AF00019xxx is there anyone who knows about when my CN will be current based on visa bulletin?
thank you!!

please help me out here my CN DV2014AF00019xxx is there anyone who knows about when my CN will be current based on visa bulletin?
thank you!!

Your number will be current at the next bulletin UNLESS you are from Ethiopia which currently has a special limit placed on it. The special limits are sometimes increased, but remain in place, and sometimes they are lifted completely, at least for a while. It is hard to predict what will happen for sure - no one knows. So you just have to remain patient....

thanks for information. Which Hospital is IOM ?

thank you!!

Dear lilita congrats and welcome to the forum.

Regarding your question, i agree with britsimon. These are the times when your number been current in the past three years...2011-April, 2012-February and 2013-February.

Cheers!

hi all
for 1danny its around bole behind cadisco building the name is International organization for Migration
for ormania its paid by $ in America not here but it must paid before u travel
and i got my visa by DHL not Abyssinia bank

hi all
for 1danny its around bole behind cadisco building the name is International organization for Migration
for ormania its paid by $ in America not here but it must paid before u travel
and i got my visa by DHL not Abyssinia bank

Thank you natna

Status
Not open for further replies.