• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello fellow Ethiopians, i just did my interview, it was successful. here is some information i got from the embassy. hope it helps. these are the documents you need to present at the time of the interview.
1. original passport and its copy( the first two pages)
2. two photographs (see photograph requirement)
3. selection notification letter & interview appointment letter
4. original birth certificate and its copy
5. original marriage certificate with two copies
6. police certificate from Ethiopia (original only)
7. police certificate outside of Ethiopia (if you lived outside of Ethiopia for more than one year)
8. DV qualifying education documents ( copy of the front and back pages)
a. 10th grade and 12th grade( EGSLCE & ESLCE) OR 10+3 completion document. which ever applies to you ( authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education)
b. original high school transcript and its copy( no authentication required)
c. work experience ( if you qualify with work experience)
9. 330 USD.

good luck to you all.

Congrats Kid123! That is wonderful!

I have some questions to you....

1) Do I have to authenticate my marriage and birth certificate?
2) Have you been asked about affidavit from USA?

Pls answer, thanks!

And also as Tew said please share the questions you were asked on your interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

I have a couple of questions:

1. How do you authenticate documents from the Ministries of Education and Foreign Affairs? I had my ESLCE reissued a couple of months ago because I lost the original, and I thought that was enough. Does it need to be authenticated by both ministries??
2. My high school does not issue a one-page transcript (I went to Lycee) so what do I do? In fact, I don't think the Education Bureau or other such government offices have anything to do with it.
Is that really necessary considering I went on all the way to my Master's?

Other than that, I would appreciate if you could share the questions you were asked at the interview.

Dear Tew,

Yes you have to authenticate your ESLCE certificate in both offices. It is very easy! It will take you only one at most two days to finish the authentications. Read my previous post on page 1 about the step by step procedures.

As for your second question, yest it is a must to have your high school transcript according to previous year winners testimonies. Its really hard to tell you what to do since your school (Lycee) won't give it, calling and asking the embassy will be the best option. Pls call them at this number 011 130 6000. let us know if you get any response.

hello fellow Ethiopians, i just did my interview, it was successful. here is some information i got from the embassy and my interview. hope it helps. these are the documents you need to present at the time of the interview.
1. original passport and its copy( the first two pages)
2. two photographs (see photograph requirement)
3. selection notification letter & interview appointment letter
4. original birth certificate and its copy
5. original marriage certificate with two copies
6. police certificate from Ethiopia (original only)
7. police certificate outside of Ethiopia (if you lived outside of Ethiopia for more than one year)
8. DV qualifying education documents ( copy of the front and back pages)
a. only 12th grade( EGSLCE & ESLCE) authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education) here is the info send me by embassy "For the DV interview you must possess your Ethiopian General Secondary Education Certificate Examination (10 grade), University Entrance Examination (12 grade) and 9-12 transcript. You must submit original with copies. Your 12 grade card is the only one which needs to be authenticated by the Ministry of foreign Affairs and National Organization for Examination".
b. original high school transcript and its copy( no authentication required)
c. work experience ( if you qualify with work experience)
9. 330 USD.
and my interview was so simple because my husband was not in the application form it was new marriage
1. when and where we meet
2. how we meet and when was our 1 date
3. about my family number and who knows each other
4. where we live now
5. when was my marriage celebration and how was it how much person attend
6. my best friends name
this is the question that asked me and my husband then we got congratulation thanks to GOD

WOW!

That's a really great and good news!

Congratulations natna! Well don.

Wish you all the best!

hello ormania, you do not need to authenticate your marriage or birth certificate. and i was not asked about affidavit in USA, he just asked me if i had someone in the US to pay my USCIS fee. good luck

hello Tew, the authentication of your documents is very easy you just have to go to National Educational Assessment and Examination Agency located near AMIST KILO. and the ministry of foreign affairs is located @ KAZANCHIS near TOTAL. as for your second question Ormania has answered it well.
here are some of the questions i was asked
1. how many years did it take you to finish high school
2. where did you finish high school
3. what was my highest score in my ESCLE exam
4. what i studied after high school and where
5. he asked me about my current job

hello ormania, you do not need to authenticate your marriage or birth certificate. and i was not asked about affidavit in USA, he just asked me if i had someone in the US to pay my USCIS fee. good luck

Thanks Kid123,

Please do visit us once in a while like this. BTW when are you planning to fly? and how low was your case number?

Thanks again!

Same-sex spouses of U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs), along with their minor children, are now eligible for the same immigration benefits as opposite-sex spouses. Consular officers at U.S. embassies and consulates will adjudicate their immigrant visa applications upon receipt of an approved I-130 or I-140 petition from USCIS. Diversity Visa applicants may include same-sex spouses in their initial entries or add spouses acquired after their initial registration. Spouses of DV 2014 applicants, even those not included in the initial entry, must apply before September 30, 2014.

Congra dear kid123 and thank u for ur information GOD blees u!
Well came to our new members!
@dear ormania hey budy how r u? And i would like to thank u for doing good job in our trend really u r providing good information and GOD blees u !!!
Thank u GOD

Congra dear kid123 and thank u for ur information GOD blees u!
Well came to our new members!
@dear ormania hey budy how r u? And i would like to thank u for doing good job in our trend really u r providing good information and GOD blees u !!!
Thank u GOD

Hi relose29, i try.

Am fine thank you. I have to provide information because i was also provided the information from the forum. Please keep coming and sharing whatever you have to share. I am thinking of posting my current status of the civil documents then narrating each steps i will be taking. You should join me on this please.

Regards.

hi fellow ethiopian dv selectees. am also from ethiopia & nice to meet this thread . this year cut off is i think getting slower .when will be my CN gets current?just your estimation .thanks in advance.

@ormania that nice idea and i am with u!
@aby111 well came to our trend and compare to other countries Ethiopia cutoff is going very well, so ur interview i hope that it will be on April or march .

Thanks GOD

Cr

hi fellow ethiopian dv selectees. am also from ethiopia & nice to meet this thread . this year cut off is i think getting slower .when will be my CN gets current?just your estimation .thanks in advance.

hi Congra for being one of us as u said this year cut off is getting slower ............but i think it will be on april when it goes faster until then you need to prepare the documents that needs to be started earlierly like civil documents............dv 2014 winner cn 15***(ethiopia) this is just my anticipation

Aby111, welcome to the thread.

relose29 i know u will be, thanks. BTW when is your interview will be?

sadat13 i have sent u an email last week, didn't reply yet.

hello every one who knows about it just give me guide how to register online on usvisa-info.com and can i register with my husband only 1 form or 2 just give me clear idea

any body know about this

Registering for DHL Courier Service

As of October 1, 2013, all immigrant visa applicants are required to go on-line and register for courier service provided by DHL prior to their visa interview by visiting the following website: http://usvisa-info.com/. All immigrant visa applicants must bring a printed copy of the “register for courier confirmation page” to the consular interview as evidence they have taken this mandatory step.

During the registration process, the applicant will choose one of two DHL locations in Addis Ababa as the pick-up location for any issued visa. Completing this on-line registration process is the only way for an applicant to obtain his/her issued visa. Applicants who do not register prior to their interview will experience delays in obtaining their issued visa.

Status
Not open for further replies.