• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, i am a DV 2014 winner from Ethiopia and my interview is on november 2013, i mentioned that i had a certificate on some department on the forms i sent to KCC, but i don't exactly have the certificate with me at this moment and i can't get it in time for my interview. do you think they will ask me to present the certificate in the interview and if they do what do you think i should do. i really appreciate the help.

Hi Kid123, Congratulations!

What certificates are we talking about? ESLCE or first degree or some other diploma certificates? how come it is not possible to get it on time before your interview?
Of course you will be asked to present all the documents you said you have. November is tomorrow so you better try to get it. What about your other documents like birth certificate, police clearance (ASHARA), passport, etc... do you have all?

Please you should hurry!

To All fellow Ethiopian DV winners.
There were two Ethiopians forums on DV 2010 and DV 2011 here and I created DV 2012 threads too, but unfortunately the threads have gone from their database. If you have time try to get those threads, there are a lot of information and interview experience at US Embassy Addis Ababa, mine was on "DV 2011 winners from Ethiopia meet here". Too bad that I don't have time to check this forum regularly but if u have any questions that I can answer just private message me. Good Luck to yo all.

fikaleb/fikalab

Last edited by a moderator:
To All fellow Ethiopian DV winners.
There were two Ethiopians forums on DV 2010 and DV 2011 here and I created DV 2012 threads too, but unfortunately the threads have gone from their database. If you have time try to get those threads, there are a lot of information and interview experience at US Embassy Addis Ababa, mine was on "DV 2011 winners from Ethiopia meet here". Too bad that I don't have time to check this forum regularly but if u have any questions that I can answer just private message me. Good Luck to yo all.

fikaleb/fikalab

Dear fikalab, we really appreciate! thank you man. I will be sending you private messages about some questions. I have been really feeling lonely here, to ask questions about Ethiopian related stuffs, i thank the Kenyan forumites who were so helpful.

Hope you are enjoying.

hello dear Ethiopian winner did any one who know about documentation and authentication please harry its urgent

hello dear Ethiopian winner did any one who know about documentation and authentication please harry its urgent

Glad to see you posted on this thread. Other Ethipians will be more helpful to you than I could be. However one thing that did occur to me is that you may not have seen this information regarding which documents are considered "available" in Ethiopia. http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9170

Dear I got it but am little confuse of authentication of documnets

Dear natna,

Bellow is "How to" regarding educational documents authentication as per your request. It was shared by fikalab last year. Go through it and if there is any question let us know.

Ethiopian Academic Documents Authentication Procedures

High School Transcript Authentication
First one needs to authenticate the transcript from grade 9-12 at the school where u attended your high school level and then bring the school authenticated transcript to the regional education bureau for final authentication. (This step is not necessary according to this years interviewed winners. If you can do it but if you can't don't bother.)

High School National Exam Certificates Authentication
First one needs to authenticate the National Exam Certificates at the Ministry of Education and then take the authenticated Certificate to Mistry of Foreign Affairs for final Authentication

Higher Level Institutes Certificate and Grade Report Authentication
First one needs to go to the university/college to authenticate the higher level Certificate but for the new curriculum graduates most of the Universities request the receipt of payment for cost sharing in order to authenticate.Once u authenticate the certificate and the grade report as well from your Instititute then go to MoFA for final Authentication.

High School (Preparatory School)
Place: The Place where u attended your Secondary and/or Preparatory Courses
Price: 10 birr/Paper
Requirement: unauthenticated High School Transcript
Time: better to go in the morning and it took less than 30 minutes

Addis Ababa City Education Bureau:
Price: 25 birr/Paper
Place: on the road from 6Killo to Ferensai/Bella in front of Oromia Court or u can use the back gate which is in front of 6Killo Egypt Embassy next to International Leadership Institute
Requirement: 8th Grade Ministry Certificate and School Authenticated High School Transcript
Time: better to go in the morning and it took less than 30 minutes

MoE/NoE (Ministry of Education/National Organization for Examination)
Place: 5Killo St. Marry Church in front of Abune Paulos Residence next to Menelik II Primary School
Price: 35 Birr/Paper
Requirement: unauthenticated High School Certificates [EGSECE(10th),EGSLCE(10th),ESLCE(12th),EHEECE(12th)]
Time: if u give the Certificate in the Morning,u can take it back either 5:30 Local time in the morning or 10:30 in the afternoon

MoFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Consular & Document Authentication Section)
Place: Casanchis on the road to Bambis via Ministry of Labor
Price: 150 Birr/Paper
Requirement: MoE authenticated Certificates
Time: better to go in the morning and it took around 30 minutes (works 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM

Does late reply matter (is it first in first out or by case number)

Dear All am a winner of DV 2014 and my case number is around 2500 but i did not see any notification letter since then. i replied to KCC at the end of August ? do you think that my late reply to KCC matters for the delay of the second notification letter? as you know the cut off is reached 11,000. thanx

Dear All am a winner of DV 2014 and my case number is around 2500 but i did not see any notification letter since then. i replied to KCC at the end of August ? do you think that my late reply to KCC matters for the delay of the second notification letter? as you know the cut off is reached 11,000. thanx

Dear getder,

Congratulations for being winner like us!

Yes KCC is serving the applicants in both cas number order and first come first served manner. E.g Your case number is 2,500 and you sent your ds forms late and if i were 3,000 and if i had send it in may, trust you me i would get the 2nd notification letter beffore you and the interview as well!

Please keep on checking your 2nd notification letter at https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/(S(0fojvhyhju1un045parwjvfj))/Secure/StatusCheck.aspx .

I hope you have prepared all your documents by now.
Regards!

Hi Hinicho!

Congratulations and welcome to this quite forum.

I am still waiting for the interview experience of our guys who went for it since October but no one showed up yet.
It seems you will have your interview after me and for sure you will read one experience (mine).

Anyways please be around and participate. Whatever question you have post it here.

Welcome again!

hello fellow Ethiopians, i just did my interview, it was successful. here is some information i got from the embassy. hope it helps. these are the documents you need to present at the time of the interview.
1. original passport and its copy( the first two pages)
2. two photographs (see photograph requirement)
3. selection notification letter & interview appointment letter
4. original birth certificate and its copy
5. original marriage certificate with two copies
6. police certificate from Ethiopia (original only)
7. police certificate outside of Ethiopia (if you lived outside of Ethiopia for more than one year)
8. DV qualifying education documents ( copy of the front and back pages)
a. 10th grade and 12th grade( EGSLCE & ESLCE) OR 10+3 completion document. which ever applies to you ( authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education)
b. original high school transcript and its copy( no authentication required)
c. work experience ( if you qualify with work experience)
9. 330 USD.

good luck to you all.

hello fellow Ethiopians, i just did my interview, it was successful. here is some information i got from the embassy. hope it helps. these are the documents you need to present at the time of the interview.
7. police certificate outside of Ethiopia (if you lived outside of Ethiopia for more than one year)
a. 10th grade and 12th grade( EGSLCE & ESLCE) OR 10+3 completion document. which ever applies to you ( authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education)
9. 330 USD.

good luck to you all.

Congratulations!!!

9. 330 USD.

good luck to you all.

Congratulations!

I have a couple of questions:

1. How do you authenticate documents from the Ministries of Education and Foreign Affairs? I had my ESLCE reissued a couple of months ago because I lost the original, and I thought that was enough. Does it need to be authenticated by both ministries??
2. My high school does not issue a one-page transcript (I went to Lycee) so what do I do? In fact, I don't think the Education Bureau or other such government offices have anything to do with it.
Is that really necessary considering I went on all the way to my Master's?

Other than that, I would appreciate if you could share the questions you were asked at the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.