• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

About DV-2018 Lottery and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that's not what it states. What it states is that using an old photograph will result in DISQUALIFICATION - which does not mean that the lottery entry cannot be submitted! Their system may not be enabled to detect whether an old photograph was used, or not - hence the strict warning NOT to use an old photograph (as the selection can be disqualified at interview at the latest)!

The technical specs such as pixels, composition etc of the photo is what may prevent the entry from being accepted, via automatic detection. This is what is stated in your third screenshot, where it says:
"If you photo/s did not meet the specifications, the E-DV website will not accept your entry, so you will not receive a notification notice."

You WANT to read into this that their systems are able to detect whether or not someone is using an old photograph at the time of submitting the entry, but that doesn't make any sense as it would be an extra burden on the server to compare your photo with one that MAY have been used before. Furthermore, some people still use old photographs that are older than 6 months and were never submitted for US visa purposes before, which means it would not be possible for their systems to know how old the picture is (possibly via meta data) - therefore making it impossible from that end, too.

But the point is that the technical specs are NOT the age of the photo, and that you have not demonstrated where you found to have any "rights" in this lottery - show us the exact part where it states that.

Okey maybe it's not technical specs i accept :) , forget about rights. Lottery based on U.S. law and they are responsible for it, like 2012.

Maybe it's not a part of technical specs but it's not the subject here it was just susie's claim.

If you photo/s did not meet the specifications, the E-DV website will not accept your entry, so you will not receive a notification notice.

Last year's photo is still one of specifications.

Support me guys, i have a point. :)

@ambassador12
Why are you exhausting yourself?
I feel your frustration dear, I wasn't selected, as for 20 million other people...
What is it exactly that you want to prove or do?
Suing the American government?
For what? For allowing more than 50 000 people live their American dream EVERY year?
It's their game and their rules. IT IS a random lottery but even though it wasn't and some people aren't really randomly selected what is it with that? It's their game and their rules. It suits you good for you; it doesn't ... well too bad.
You are torturing yourself for not letting it go. No one here is able to help you. Even if all the not selected people were to join you in your "battle" , you don't even outnumber the population of Florida.
I wish you can canalise that energy into something more productive. For your own sake, try to let it go...

Thank you for your positive comment dear, but i'm already following their rules.( I'm talking about their rules)

If you're not selected too you can get what my feeling is easier. There is a way and i just want to try it. If it's possible, if i'm right then why not ?

Okey maybe it's not technical specs i accept :) , forget about rights. Lottery based on U.S. law and they are responsible for it, like 2012.

Maybe it's not a part of technical specs but it's not the subject here it was just susie's claim.

If you photo/s did not meet the specifications, the E-DV website will not accept your entry, so you will not receive a notification notice.

Last year's photo is still one of specifications.

Support me guys, i have a point. :)

No, you don't.

http://britsimonsays.com/dv2018-calls-redraw-old-photos/

I don't know why you guys keep staying opposite and criticize, if it's true say yes you're right, if it's not say no you're wrong.

You could be more polite, i was following your blog too.

I don't need lessons in manners from you thank you!

It is impolite to continuously drone on and on about a subject you know little about when experts are spending their free time trying to help people and instead have to spend that time telling you in no uncertain terms that you are wrong and that your constant whining sounds like sour grapes from someone who was not selected. So - go read my link and I assume the matter will be ended at that.

I don't need lessons in manners from you thank you!

It is impolite to continuously drone on and on about a subject you know little about when experts are spending their free time trying to help people and instead have to spend that time telling you in no uncertain terms that you are wrong and that your constant whining sounds like sour grapes from someone who was not selected. So - go read my link and I assume the matter will be ended at that.

** Your post has been edited by Britsimon to make you realize that this is not YOUR forum or thread and you need to behave nicely. If you can't do that - please go elsewhere. Continued rudeness will earn you a ban ***

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
Please get out from my topic, i don't want to see your rude comments. And actually you need it.

You are very rude! I've tried really hard to bite my tongue with regards to some of your recent posts. So you should consider this your one and only warning also. Subsequent rude posts or comments will not be tolerated.

You are very rude! I've tried really hard to bit my tongue with regards to some of your recent posts. So you should consider this your one and only warning also. Subsequent rude posts or comments will not be tolerated.

I didn't say anything rude, idk why but he is so rude here. I was following his blog too and i surprised.

Tillerson do
I don't know why you guys keep staying opposite and criticize, if it's true say yes you're right, if it's not say no you're wrong.

I still have not seen one confirmed case of a selectee who reused a DV2017 photo. The other guy claimed a friend of his had, rabbited on about how unfair it was, and then when it was suggested he report the friend to the embassy said oh well said friend wasn't going to interview anyway. Now I don't know about you - but this story sounds totally made up to me. I mean, I presume you are aware that people make up all sorts of trash on the internet,
So please tell me, do you know for absolute certain of a case that you can prove has been selected with an old photo? Not that it matters at all for the validity of the draw because of overselection to disqualify. But because this is the stage that you are going on and on about yet with absolutely no proof that this terrible thing :rolleyes: even happened.

Tillerson do

I still have not seen one confirmed case of a selectee who reused a DV2017 photo. The other guy claimed a friend of his had, rabbited on about how unfair it was, and then when it was suggested he report the friend to the embassy said oh well said friend wasn't going to interview anyway. Now I don't know about you - but this story sounds totally made up to me. I mean, I presume you are aware that people make up all sorts of trash on the internet,
So please tell me, do you know for absolute certain of a case that you can prove has been selected with an old photo? Not that it matters at all for the validity of the draw because of overselection to disqualify. But because this is the stage that you are going on and on about yet with absolutely no proof that this terrible thing :rolleyes: even happened.

I don't have any case about last year's photo but i saw on a forum and they said we won with last year's photo. Why did he get ban ?

Yes, i am, really.
And i want to know your opinion too but when i read your last explanation on your blog i saw youre insulting to people.

Not "people". People who won't listen.

So - you read the blog post. Do you finally understand what people have been telling you? Are we done now with this silly topic?

I don't have any case about last year's photo but i saw on a forum and they said we won with last year's photo. Why did he get ban ?

You saw the post of someone who said they won with last year's photo and the person got banned? In this forum? What is that person's username? Where is the post you're referring to???

Not "people". People who won't listen.

So - you read the blog post. Do you finally understand what people have been telling you? Are we done now with this silly topic?

I have read your post.

First, it has been the case for many years that technical specifications for the photos have included the size of the photo, instructions about the background and lighting and so on. Additionally the photo submitted is supposed to be RECENT – less than 6 months old. Those are technical specifications. However, whilst the photo validation software can catch an incorrect sized photo it cannot catch, an old photo, one where the eyes are closed, one where the photo is of the wrong person or one where the photo is not even a person – say an elephant. So – some photos can’t be submitted, some will be possible to submit, but may cause disqualification at some point during the process.

You are saying can, can't, may, i got what you thought but instructions saying:

If your photo(s) did not meet the specifications, the E-DV website will not accept your entry , so you will not receive a confirmation notice.

They said people would be disqualified, they didn’t say when they would disqualify!

And disqualify think,

disqualify meaning is cancelling without evaluation

which disqualifies are at the visa interview is clear, you should read instructions for it.
http://imgur.com/UIHVt47
http://imgur.com/lluW1uY

which disqualifies should direct disqualify is clear too.

So you can forget about the holes theory.

And i'm defending this article

If your photo(s) did not meet the specifications, the E-DV website will not accept your entry , so you will not receive a confirmation notice.

not disqualify one.

You are with me now ?

It was so hard for me doing these quotation and making with paint so please respect to me :)

I have read your post.

You are saying can, can't, may, i got what you thought but instructions saying:

And disqualify think,

disqualify meaning is cancelling without evaluation

which disqualifies are at the visa interview is clear, you should read instructions for it.
http://imgur.com/UIHVt47

which disqualifies should direct disqualify is clear too.

So you can forget about the holes theory.

And i'm defending this article

not disqualify one.

You are with me now ?

It was so hard for me doing these quotation and making with paint so please respect to me :)

I have read your points. I understand the point you are making. It is incorrect and my blog post explains exactly why it is incorrect. So - I think we are done here. You can continue to believe what you want to believe. You can protest, complain, ask for a redraw. Anything you want - it is your life.

But when everyone here that understands how the rules work, (and understand that better than you) are ALL saying the same thing, perhaps you should stop wasting your time and move on with your life.

You saw the post of someone who said they won with last year's photo and the person got banned? In this forum? What is that person's username? Where is the post you're referring to???

I saw the post in forum which is using my main language. i asked you about new immigrant, why did he get ban ?

I saw the post in forum which is using my main language. i asked you about new immigrant, why did he get ban ?

That is not making any sense. Make yourself clear.

Are you asking why someone got banned from another forum? How the heck would we know anything about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.