• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

About DV-2018 Lottery and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

i have a question,

These quotations from DV-2018 Instructions English,

do not submit an old photograph. submitting the same photograph that you submitted with last year’s entry will result in disqualification. (page 6)
if your photo(s) did not meet the specifications, the e-dv website will not accept your entry , so you will not receive a confirmation notice.(faq 20)

thousands of dv2018 entrants have reused old photos to enter. many believe this is why they cannot access their results. many have won with old photos. why weren't they disqualified per the dv lottery instructions?

they have gained an unfair advantage over those who followed the rules. this is fraud that should be reported to and investigated by dos and oig...

what do you think about this ?

Hello guys,

i have a question,

do not submit an old photograph. submitting the same photograph that you submitted with last year’s entry will result in disqualification. (page 6)
if your photo(s) did not meet the specifications, the e-dv website will not accept your entry , so you will not receive a confirmation notice.(faq 20)

thousands of dv2018 entrants have reused old photos to enter. many believe this is why they cannot access their results. many have won with old photos. why weren't they disqualified per the dv lottery instructions?

they have gained an unfair advantage over those who followed the rules. this is fraud that should be reported to and investigated by dos and oig...

I've yet to see a single case of someone confirming they were selected with an old photo. Anyway if the software did not disqualify them pre-selection, they'll be disqualified at interview. Certainly, feel free to report any actual cases that you are aware of that happened this way to DoS so that they can make a note on the applicant's file.

The FAQ20 is about technical specs, not old photos. Stop confusing issues to cause trouble.

Hello guys,

i have a question,

Your argument isn't making any sense. If indeed some selectees used old photos and got selected, how have they gained an "unfair advantage" over those who used DV 2017 photos when the instructions clearly said not to use DV 2017 photo? Yes the instruction has always been not to use old photos, but we know some have always done so and have gotten lucky.

You guys who did not get selected need to stop being sore losers and desist from spreading unfounded accusations. There is a process in place for reporting fraudulent participants, so if you know of any specific case, use that avenue to make a report or lodge a formal complaint. You guys need to stop throwing wild numbers in the air and making accusations you cannot prove or back up.

I've yet to see a single case of someone confirming they were selected with an old photo. Anyway if the software did not disqualify them pre-selection, they'll be disqualified at interview. Certainly, feel free to report any actual cases that you are aware of that happened this way to DoS so that they can make a note on the applicant's file.

The FAQ20 is about technical specs, not old photos. Stop confusing issues to cause trouble.

i think submitting old photo is one of the specifications too and taking these guys in lottery is affecting our chances.

its clearly described in instructions about photograph. they cant enter the lottery with last year's photo, im not talking about visa interview.

i know a guy who has selected with last year's photo, so the question is what should we do now ?

What you should do is to stop being a sore loser and move on with your life. It's a lottery - meaning some get luck to be selected, most don't! End of story.

Yes its a lottery but unfair lottery for this time. im just trying to defend my rights.

And we still dont know what was the issue about this information is not valid thing.

i think submitting old photo is one of the specifications too and taking these guys in lottery is affecting our chances.

its clearly described in instructions about photograph. they cant enter the lottery with last year's photo, im not talking about visa interview.

i know a guy who has selected with last year's photo, so the question is what should we do now ?

Try to forget about it buddy. I know it hurts not been selected but life goes on and after several applications, you get over it and it does not affect you like the first time. Getting selected is very rare and trust me, the chances of winning are very low. Try to think of others plans you can developed at home :)

Yes its a lottery but unfair lottery for this time. im just trying to defend my rights.

And we still dont know what was the issue about this information is not valid thing.

Defend your rights??? Let me break it down for you clearly:

YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO DEFEND IN THIS!!

There's nothing to defend. You played a lottery. You didn't get selected. You lost. Move on from on!

Try to forget about it buddy. I know it hurts not been selected but life goes on and after several applications, you get over it and it does not affect you like the first time. Getting selected is very rare and trust me, the chances of winning are very low. Try to think of others plans you can developed at home :)

But we are right buddy as you see.

I know they hate us but it wasnt a fair lottery and it is our right to defend our rights.
Ofcourse, they're going to hate us because they selected at this unfair lottery.

I know its not their fault but what about us ? what about the other lifes except 55000 ?

I just want to defend my rights and new fair diversity lottery if we can.

I know they hate us but it wasnt a fair lottery and it is our right to defend our rights.
Ofcourse, they're going to hate us because they selected at this unfair lottery.

I know its not their fault but what about us ? what about the other lifes except 55000 ?

The correct amount is 50,000 visas and keep in mind this is an opportunity that is granted by the U.S. Government, to apply to this lottery. There is no other country in the world that provide this kind of options for people to immigrate and they are no rights involved. The only rights and duties that you have its with your home country and not with the United States. Try to take this weekend to go out and relax in order to forget about this and apply for DV 2019 and see if you have better luck. They are several options that you can explore, if you you really want to relocate to the U.S. via education or investment.

It is NOT part of the technical specs. The validator checks the technical specs, nothing else. The duplicate photos are picked up at a different part of the process.
Go ahead and report the case of the guy you know to the embassy he will be interviewing at. Then tell us if that makes you feel better.

Go ahead, find a lawyer to take your case or take a class action suit on behalf of you and all the others that feel wronged.

Do you even listen to yourself when you speak? You know they hate you, they're going to hate, so they selected at this unfair lottery, blah blah blah.

If you know they (meaning the US, right?) hates you, why are you adamant about getting an opportunity to live in the midst of the same people that hate you??? Like I said before, some of what you guys are posting is beyond ridiculous! You want to fight for your 'rights' to live with people that hate you!

Do you even listen to yourself when you speak? You know they hate you, they're going to hate, so they selected at this unfair lottery, blah blah blah.

If you know they (meaning the US, right?) hates you, why are you adamant about getting an opportunity to live in the midst of the same people that hate you??? Like I said before, some of what you guys are posting is beyond ridiculous! You want to fight for your 'rights' to live with people that hate you!

Are you idiot ? I was talking about you winners.

Can you read instructions before hate please ?

I'm not hating on you, I know what the instructions says. I've personally been through the process and I've since been walking several others through the process for years now. So I know what the rules says.

And I also know you have no right that has been violated by this process, so stop saying you're fighting for your rights. You have no legal basis. Kapish!

The correct amount is 50,000 visas and keep in mind this is an opportunity that is granted by the U.S. Government, to apply to this lottery. There is no other country in the world that provide this kind of options for people to immigrate and they are no rights involved. The only rights and duties that you have its with your home country and not with the United States. Try to take this weekend to go out and relax in order to forget about this and apply for DV 2019 and see if you have better luck. They are several options that you can explore, if you you really want to relocate to the U.S. via education or investment.

Dude first of all, you have every rights in every country except citizenship rights. and its not about has not been selected. Its not about visa, its aboutunfair illegal lottery.

I'm not hating on you, I know what the instructions says. I've personally been through the process and I've since been walking several others through the process for years now. So I know what the rules says.

And I also know you have no right that has been violated by this process, so stop saying you're fighting for your rights. You have no legal basis. Kapish!

Help us then dont hate us, you know we have right to defend our rights. Im just talking about illegal applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.