• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

About DV-2018 Lottery and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your argument isn't making any sense. If indeed some selectees used old photos and got selected, how have they gained an "unfair advantage" over those who used DV 2017 photos when the instructions clearly said not to use DV 2017 photo? Yes the instruction has always been not to use old photos, but we know some have always done so and have gotten lucky.

You guys who did not get selected need to stop being sore losers and desist from spreading unfounded accusations. There is a process in place for reporting fraudulent participants, so if you know of any specific case, use that avenue to make a report or lodge a formal complaint. You guys need to stop throwing wild numbers in the air and making accusations you cannot prove or back up.

It's not wild numbers im asking it to here because you guys have knowledge about it and its process. And thank you i will try it, we can prove with instructions i think.
I didn't wrote this text, i just copied it because he/she has a point and i have still a little hope to get selected :)

i think submitting old photo is one of the specifications too and taking these guys in lottery is affecting our chances.

its clearly described in instructions about photograph. they cant enter the lottery with last year's photo, im not talking about visa interview.

i know a guy who has selected with last year's photo, so the question is what should we do now ?

Ofcourse it's clear.

They should cancel their application before lottery, it's in instructions.

We can report it with evidence and they can investigate it.

Defend your rights??? Let me break it down for you clearly:

YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO DEFEND IN THIS!!

There's nothing to defend. You played a lottery. You didn't get selected. You lost. Move on from on!

Please dont judge people with your personal opinion.

The correct amount is 50,000 visas and keep in mind this is an opportunity that is granted by the U.S. Government, to apply to this lottery. There is no other country in the world that provide this kind of options for people to immigrate and they are no rights involved. The only rights and duties that you have its with your home country and not with the United States. Try to take this weekend to go out and relax in order to forget about this and apply for DV 2019 and see if you have better luck. They are several options that you can explore, if you you really want to relocate to the U.S. via education or investment.

I know about DV-2012 and it cancelled, ofcourse he has rights if he is participant.

Youre saying this but i wonder your claim basis on what ?

It is NOT part of the technical specs. The validator checks the technical specs, nothing else. The duplicate photos are picked up at a different part of the process.
Go ahead and report the case of the guy you know to the embassy he will be interviewing at. Then tell us if that makes you feel better.

It is part of technical specs, i can prove it. I asked it to consular officer.

Is this true? They are posting it on twitter?
Its not from formal authorities, i repeat people are reposting it ! But i can see its not true' just wanted to share
You can clearly see that they say you can see the results at july 2018! Lol seems who ever did this doesnt know abt lottery at all

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 29
Its not from formal authorities, i repeat people are reposting it ! But i can see its not true' just wanted to share
You can clearly see that they say you can see the results at july 2018! Lol seems who ever did this doesnt know abt lottery at all

It's happening then :)

It's happening then :)
no no its nit happening! Am letting you see the scam pages people are making! No its not happening at all go to the stae.gov page at twitter and ull see that they warning against scams and that no redraw will take place!

I know about DV-2012 and it cancelled, ofcourse he has rights if he is participant.

Youre saying this but i wonder your claim basis on what ?

If you know about DV2012, you know that the reason it was cancelled was because it was not a random selection. You'll also know that (in reference to one of your other posts about them having to "pay" people) that the initial selectees instituted a class action suit, and they lost.

Please, find the legal part of the entry that states that entrants to the lottery have rights and detail to us exactly what those are? As said to the previous person if you are so sure of that you will certainly find a lawyer to take your case. Let us know how that goes.

Also again the specifications in the validator refer to TECHNICAL specs. If you can't understand that then that is your problem, not the fault of DoS.

One last time: do you understand that every year people submit wrong and sometimes intentionally fraudulent entries? That some of these get selected? That they then get disqualified at interview? That they select way more people than they have visas for because they know some people don't follow through and others are disqualified? That given this set of circumstances your argument that your (non existent) rights have somehow been prejudiced is total BS? If you don't understand it, and if you want to go round arguing yourself in knots over nonsense, feel free, or rather, feel free to take it to a lawyer if you can find one who agrees you have any "rights".

If you know about DV2012, you know that the reason it was cancelled was because it was not a random selection. You'll also know that (in reference to one of your other posts about them having to "pay" people) that the initial selectees instituted a class action suit, and they lost.

Please, find the legal part of the entry that states that entrants to the lottery have rights and detail to us exactly what those are? As said to the previous person if you are so sure of that you will certainly find a lawyer to take your case. Let us know how that goes.

Also again the specifications in the validator refer to TECHNICAL specs. If you can't understand that then that is your problem, not the fault of DoS.

One last time: do you understand that every year people submit wrong and sometimes intentionally fraudulent entries? That some of these get selected? That they then get disqualified at interview? That they select way more people than they have visas for because they know some people don't follow through and others are disqualified? That given this set of circumstances your argument that your (non existent) rights have somehow been prejudiced is total BS? If you don't understand it, and if you want to go round arguing yourself in knots over nonsense, feel free, or rather, feel free to take it to a lawyer if you can find one who agrees you have any "rights".

I dont want to argue with you, i am going to show you please wait a moment.

http://imgur.com/ihoD44R, http://imgur.com/xXhyUnI, http://imgur.com/I42RzI8

You can take a look to instructions, it's clear they can't join the lottery.

And it's one of technical specs.

It. Is. Not. One. Of. The. Technical. Specs. Get that in your head!!!! The specs are the pixels, size of the photo etc.

And IT DOESNT MATTER ANYWAY BECAUSE INVALID PHOTOS GET DISQUALIFIED AT INTERVIEW.

I have a better idea, why don't you call Secretary of State Tillerson and whine at him about it?

It. Is. Not. One. Of. The. Technical. Specs. Get that in your head!!!! The specs are the pixels, size of the photo etc.

And IT DOESNT MATTER ANYWAY BECAUSE INVALID PHOTOS GET DISQUALIFIED AT INTERVIEW.

I have a better idea, why don't you call Secretary of State Tillerson and whine at him about it?

It. Is. A. Part. Of. Technical. Specs. Open your eyes and mind my friend !!! :)

Yes they are too.

worth to try :) but i can't keep writing, i gotta go sorry.

Oh boy!

giphy.gif

It. Is. A. Part. Of. Technical. Specs. Open your eyes and mind my friend !!! :)

Yes they are too.

worth to try :) but i can't keep writing, i gotta go sorry.

Good luck tying yourself in knots.
lol ya "gotta go" = "I don't have a valid argument so running away"

No, that's not what it states. What it states is that using an old photograph will result in DISQUALIFICATION - which does not mean that the lottery entry cannot be submitted! Their system may not be enabled to detect whether an old photograph was used, or not - hence the strict warning NOT to use an old photograph (as the selection can be disqualified at interview at the latest)!

The technical specs such as pixels, composition etc of the photo is what may prevent the entry from being accepted, via automatic detection. This is what is stated in your third screenshot, where it says:
"If you photo/s did not meet the specifications, the E-DV website will not accept your entry, so you will not receive a notification notice."

You WANT to read into this that their systems are able to detect whether or not someone is using an old photograph at the time of submitting the entry, but that doesn't make any sense as it would be an extra burden on the server to compare your photo with one that MAY have been used before. Furthermore, some people still use old photographs that are older than 6 months and were never submitted for US visa purposes before, which means it would not be possible for their systems to know how old the picture is (possibly via meta data) - therefore making it impossible from that end, too.

But the point is that the technical specs are NOT the age of the photo, and that you have not demonstrated where you found to have any "rights" in this lottery - show us the exact part where it states that.

But the point is that the technical specs are NOT the age of the photo, and that you have not demonstrated where you found to have any "rights" in this lottery - show us the exact part where it states that.

Oh yeah, he has the "rights" to demand the US government pay him for not selecting him - When it comes to the US, they all come up with this outrageous claims of having some rights.

Like Susie already told him, he should go ahead and sue Tillerson as part of his 'rights'. And I will be more than happy to supply him with other names of government officials he can lump into the lawsuit demanding for his rights and monetary compensation.

@ambassador12
Why are you exhausting yourself?
I feel your frustration dear, I wasn't selected, as for 20 million other people...
What is it exactly that you want to prove or do?
Suing the American government?
For what? For allowing more than 50 000 people live their American dream EVERY year?
It's their game and their rules. IT IS a random lottery but even though it wasn't and some people aren't really randomly selected what is it with that? It's their game and their rules. It suits you good for you; it doesn't ... well too bad.
You are torturing yourself for not letting it go. No one here is able to help you. Even if all the not selected people were to join you in your "battle" , you don't even outnumber the population of Florida.
I wish you can canalise that energy into something more productive. For your own sake, try to let it go...

Status
Not open for further replies.