• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

She has no status, from a DV perspective, if you marry after the interview. You would have to sponsor her across. And that takes a long time (I've heard of up to two years).

Better to get married before the interview and then she can go to the US with you as a derivative.

Thank you for the feed back..

what about the 1st part ?

Nov/Dec 2015.
thanx
i have another question when i filled m d260 in the question have u ever been refused a US visa i answered no but in 2005 i have applied for student visa and have been refused but it was non immigrant visa so i thought it may be irrelevant and i don't remember the exact date and details do they still have record of it. if they don't, i don't wanna unlock the form to correct it.
is it ok to ignore it and hope it wouldn't come in the interview???????what should i do?

thanx
i have another question when i filled m d260 in the question have u ever been refused a US visa i answered no but in 2005 i have applied for student visa and have been refused but it was non immigrant visa so i thought it may be irrelevant and i don't remember the exact date and details do they still have record of it. if they don't, i don't wanna unlock the form to correct it.
is it ok to ignore it and hope it wouldn't come in the interview???????what should i do?

You need to unlock your form and correct that information. Saying 'No' to an important question such as that when the answer should have been "Yes" will be viewed as lying for the purpose of obtaining an immigration benefit. That alone could lead to a visa denial.

Hello.. i have a couple of questions 1st my cn 2016AF00017*** , when i will be called for interview ?
2nd what is my wife status if i got married after the interview, dose she still get a green card or even eligible to live in US ?

Thank you.

It's hard to guesstimate at this point in time for numbers above 5000 - 6000, we will have a better understanding of the DV2016 progression when the first couple of 2016 related VB come out later in the year.

Having said that, your number isn't likely to become current before January 2016, much later though if you're from Egypt or Ethiopia.

Regarding your 2nd question, if you get married after your interview, then you will have to sponsor your wife for her own GC, this process could take up to 2 years and will need to have a job or find someone with an income above the poverty level to co-sign an affidavit of support for your wife's petition.

Technically speaking, if one gets married after the interview and before entering the U.S. for the first time, the person could go back to the embassy and request a visa for the spouse, however this is not an advisable route for a DV selectee IMO. You will probably not have enough time to get the embassy to see you to request an additional visa after yours has been issued, you also stand the risk of your already issued visa being cancelled if you can't prove your marriage is a genuine one.

Your best course of action, get married before your interview, unlock your form and add your wife. Then be prepared to prove your marriage is a genuine one.

My CN is EU000112**, when do u think my case will be called on interview?

Again, hard to guesstimate for numbers above 5000 - 6000 for now until we see the first couple of VB for 2016. However, your CN could possibly become current in Feb/Mar

I'd let KCC know via email of what has happened. That way, they can run the appropriate background checks on both names before you get to interview.
thank you
i think it is the best way
i should contact KCC about my problem
I haven't read it all but here is an official uscis manual that talks about how difficult it is to figure out what is and isn't a surname for some areas. See top of page 2 for an example. There's probably more info further on but I don't have time to read 53 pages now.
i read attached document , some how solved my problem, my national id card and my birth certificate is(ahmadbasir) this not my problem this is our culture problem they don't use last name in id cards and birthcertificates the problem is our naming combined from defferent culture
i filled first entry according to my national id and my birthcertificate and school certificate is (ahmadbasir) only my passport is(hakimi,ahmadbasir) hope CO understand our problems

thank you
http://aquafishcrsp.oregonstate.edu/ME/Public Management/doc/Other-US-Government-Authoritative-AA-References/Foreign-Affairs-Manual-FAM/9/Appendix-F/87982.pdf

They also specifically mention that for example passport and birth certificate may show different names for the same person.

thank you
i think it is the best way
i should contact KCC about my problem

Yes so it is exactly as I thought, birth certificate and national ID does not use last name but passport does.
If this is the case I would be pretty sure that the COs will have seen this before.
I think it is possibly better to unlock the DS260 and under the bit where it asks you about aliases/other names put your name just as it is on the birth certificate.

Hello Everybody
When applying for DV2016, I submitted the same photo from DV2015(It was new back then). Will I be disqualified in the interview? should I continue with the process?
Thanks

Reactions: DEX
There have been occasional reports of people being denied in interviews for having eDV photos that didn't meet the specifications. Further than that I don't know.

Reactions: DEX
Yep
Hello Everybody
When applying for DV2016, I submitted the same photo from DV2015(It was new back then). Will I be disqualified in the interview? should I continue with the process?
Thanks
there is no need to worry about that. It is a technical "issue" but in practice it won't come up unless your appearance is significantly altered (through weight gain or whatever). In fact I think my own case may have had a similar situation - but then, I am ageless.

i emiled KCC recieved below message
Thank you for your inquiry.
A passport is required for visa processing, and is therefore required when completing the DS-260. If you do not yet have a passport, please wait until you have the required information before submitting the DS-260 form. Waiting to fill out your DS-260 should not affect your interview date, as appointment dates are set based upon your case number becoming current. (Further details about what this means are available in the Visa Bulletin on www.travel.state.gov.) The first appointments will not begin until October 2015, so there should be ample time for you to provide your information in time for a consular interview.
The required forms should be completed using the name that appears on your passport and/or other legal documentation. Any other names you have previously been identified by, including maiden names should be listed on the DS 260 in the "Other Names Used" field.
When inquiring about the status of your case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center is a document processing facility, and cannot advise you on whether or not you will qualify for a visa. Only a consular officer can make that decision.

Hi all,
I am an Australian who has been invited for DV2016 and have completed the initial application DS-260.:)

I was wondering two things:

Should I scan and send my support documents to the KCCDV email while I wait to see if I get an interview/application approved?

Would anyone be able to guess when 2016OC000000XX interview would occur?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,
I am an Australian who has been invited for DV2016 and have completed the initial application DS-260.:)

I was wondering two things:

Should I scan and send my support documents to the KCCDV email while I wait to see if I get an interview/application approved?

Would anyone be able to guess when 2016OC000000XX interview would occur?

Thanks in advance!

No you don't send documents to KCC.

October current date, but it might be later if you delayed submitting your DS260.