• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Hi all,
I am an Australian who has been invited for DV2016 and have completed the initial application DS-260.:)

I was wondering two things:

Should I scan and send my support documents to the KCCDV email while I wait to see if I get an interview/application approved?

Would anyone be able to guess when 2016OC000000XX interview would occur?

Thanks in advance!

You have read the instructions I hope?

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

"You will take the documents with you to your interview at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Do not send any of these documents to the Kentucky Consular Center."

thanx
i have another question when i filled m d260 in the question have u ever been refused a US visa i answered no but in 2005 i have applied for student visa and have been refused but it was non immigrant visa so i thought it may be irrelevant and i don't remember the exact date and details do they still have record of it. if they don't, i don't wanna unlock the form to correct it.
is it ok to ignore it and hope it wouldn't come in the interview???????what should i do?
This is very critical that you unlock the form and provide that information. The question asks you whether you've been refused any visa, non-immigrant or immigrant. If you don't remember the exact date, "provide best estimate".
They have the record for sure.
If you were refused for the reasons not related to anything prohibitive, the refusal is not a big deal. However, in any case, not mentioning it is a big deal.

thank
This is very critical that you unlock the form and provide that information. The question asks you whether you've been refused any visa, non-immigrant or immigrant. If you don't remember the exact date, "provide best estimate".
They have the record for sure.
If you were refused for the reasons not related to anything prohibitive, the refusal is not a big deal. However, in any case, not mentioning it is a big deal.
thank you very much
i will unlock and fix it but how to unlock it?

NEED YOUR HELP!
PLEASE CORRECT MY MISTAKES OVER FILLING SECURITY AND BACKGROUND INFORMATION

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP

Attachments

• FIXING FORMAT.pdf
    57.3 KB · Views: 23
Only you can determine if you have put in the right information?

One question though, do you have documentation proving you have all required vaccinations?

Only you can determine if you have put in the right information?

One question though, do you have documentation proving you have all required vaccinations?
actually i don't have any doc to prove but i know there is mandatory vaccinations, there is an amarican hospital, next to U.S embassy first they send us their before going to interview

thank you

Well then the answer for that question is no, as you don't have the documentation. You select no and write something alone the lines of 'all required vaccinations will be acquired prior to interview'.

I already submitted DS 260 but for question if i had vaccination documentation i answered 'yes' because i hope to have them after the medical exam. does this pose any problem?

Well then the answer for that question is no, as you don't have the documentation. You select no and write something alone the lines of 'all required vaccinations will be acquired prior to interview'.

I already submitted DS 260 but for question if i had vaccination documentation i answered 'yes' because i hope to have them after the medical exam. does this pose any problem?

The correct answer to that question should be 'No' like Emily already posted above. However, selecting 'Yes' isn't going to lead to a denial or cause any problem either.

I selected "no" is it correct?

Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have
not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?

I selected "no" is it correct?

Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have
not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?

The answer to this particular question doesn't really matter for DV selectees since your visa petition isn't employment based. So your answer is okay.

Hi, I filled my DS260 the first 2 weeks of may with an EU10XXX. Is there any chance I could get an interview in November?
I believe this is where we get the new numbers every month? (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html)
Considering that the last 3 years EU for Nov was above 11,000 I am assuming this would make sense to believe I should be called for the end of the year. Is that correct?
How will I be notified by the KCC that I got an interview?
What about the fees? Do we pay online or before the interview?
Also, what's an AOS?
Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hi, I filled my DS260 the first 2 weeks of may with an EU10XXX. Is there any chance I could get an interview in November?
I believe this is where we get the new numbers every month? (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html)
Considering that the last 3 years EU for Nov was above 11,000 I am assuming this would make sense to believe I should be called for the end of the year. Is that correct?
Also, what's an AOS?
Thanks!!

- interview likely to be in Dec
- yes, it is
- no, EU was never upto 11,000 by Nov in the last 3 years, talk less of being above
- KCC notifies by email
- fee payable at the applicable embassy at the time of interview
- AOS means either Adjustment of Status, or Affidavit of Support. Applicable meaning depends on the context in which it's been used.

Also, what's an AOS?
Thanks!!
If you don't get the email notifying you of the interview and you are current, you can always check ESC website (same place you got your selection notification from) to see your 2NL.

- interview likely to be in Dec
- yes, it is
- no, EU was never upto 11,000 by Nov in the last 3 years, talk less of being above
- KCC notifies by email
- fee payable at the applicable embassy at the time of interview
- AOS means either Adjustment of Status, or Affidavit of Support. Applicable meaning depends on the context in which it's been used.
Ooops I meant below but yes doubled checked you're right
AWESOME! Thanks:)