• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

i have the same issues my cn
2016AS00006XXX
I am confused when i will be called?
second i filled and submited ds260 according to my passport and added last name
in the first entry i didn't add my last name
it dose not effect my case?

When you say "last name" do you mean surname or do you mean one of your middle names?

When you say "last name" do you mean surname or do you mean one of your middle names?[/QUOs

"surename"
my afghan national ID is (ahmadbasir) i filled first entry according to my afghan national (ID) when i understood that i won the lottery applied for passport there is mandatory to add your last/surename even if don't have.
you have to select something

ahmadbasir is compund name but it is single name
while i got my passport i filled ds260 according to passport (HAKIMI,ahmadbasir)
thank you

Hm. Does your selection letter say - "no last name"?
Normally that would be a problem. It's possible this is a common issue in Afghanistan though. In some countries this kind of thing is common and they are a bit more lenient about name differences between eDV entry and DS260. In others a discrepancy like this means disqualification. So it's hard to tell you with any confidence whether or not it will be a problem. Is there an afghani forum maybe that you can see if others had similar issues and how they turned out?

i have the same issues my cn
2016AS00006XXX
I am confused when i will be called?
second i filled and submited ds260 according to my passport and added last name
in the first entry i didn't add my last name
it dose not effect my case?
Interview would be somewhere between May and August.
So people do not have last names, but they have to come up with ones for passports. How did you figure your last name is Hakimi?

Hm. Does your selection letter say - "no last name"?
Normally that would be a problem. It's possible this is a common issue in Afghanistan though. In some countries this kind of thing is common and they are a bit more lenient about name differences between eDV entry and DS260. In others a discrepancy like this means disqualification. So it's hard to tell you with any confidence whether or not it will be a problem. Is there an afghani forum maybe that you can see if others had similar issues and how they turned out?
(AHMADBASIR "NLN)
for "first entry" used infromation from my national ID card (ahmadbasir) for ds260 i applied for passport got passport added last name(HAKIMI,ahmadbasir)

afghans don't use last name on thier id cards only they use last names for official propose hope i made clear everthing

I'd let KCC know via email of what has happened. That way, they can run the appropriate background checks on both names before you get to interview.

Interview would be somewhere between May and August.
So people do not have last names, but they have to come up with ones for passports. How did you figure your last name is Hakimi?
thanks from your help hakimi is my grand papa i thing i made a mistake i couldn't convy my messages properly
fyi
afghans don't use last name on thier id cards passport requires to add last name

first entry i added my id card information (ahmadbasir)
second filling 260 i used my passport information added last name(HAKIMI,ahmadbashir)

What should happen is that your original DV entry should have been the name on your birth certificate and passport. So you've made a mistake on the original entry. It could be an issue.

The only thing to do now is ensure that your DS260 is absolutely accurate without any further issues / holes. I would email KCC to let them know why the name on the original entry differs from the DS260, because this will get picked up by them. That way, they can do whatever they need to do to ensure all is ok (and that you haven't entered twice etc).

thanks from your help hakimi is my grand papa i thing i made a mistake i couldn't convy my messages properly
fyi
afghans don't use last name on thier id cards passport requires to add last name

first entry i added my id card information (ahmadbasir)
second filling 260 i used my passport information added last name(HAKIMI,ahmadbashir)
I would do what Emily has said. Also, as Susie said, try to get the info from your fellow countrymen, whether this happened before, and how it was handled.

What should happen is that your original DV entry should have been the name on your birth certificate and passport. So you've made a mistake on the original entry. It could be an issue.

The only thing to do now is ensure that your DS260 is absolutely accurate without any further issues / holes. I would email KCC to let them know why the name on the original entry differs from the DS260, because this will get picked up by them. That way, they can do whatever they need to do to ensure all is ok (and that you haven't entered twice etc).

He's saying - if I understand correctly - he didn't really have a surname before his passport got issued, which was after he entered. I've heard of similar cases where they do not follow western naming conventions in some middle eastern countries and because the COs understand how it happens they still get the visas. This is why I suggested if he can find an afghan forum he might see how others have handled it.

He's saying - if I understand correctly - he didn't really have a surname before his passport got issued, which was after he entered. I've heard of similar cases where they do not follow western naming conventions in some middle eastern countries and because the COs understand how it happens they still get the visas. This is why I suggested if he can find an afghan forum he might see how others have handled it.

afghans don't use last name on thier id cards only they use last names for official propose hope i made clear everthing
hakimi is my grand papa
I would think they would know what their last names are, eventhough the names are not on the ID cards.

Ah ok, from what I read, it was that Afghans don't use their last names on the ID cards, not that they don't know them to begin with. My apologies.

I would think they would know what their last names are, eventhough the names are not on the ID cards.

Actually if you read some of the other threads, in some countries there is quite a bit of confusion as to what people are supposed to put down as their last name. So, no.

I haven't read it all but here is an official uscis manual that talks about how difficult it is to figure out what is and isn't a surname for some areas. See top of page 2 for an example. There's probably more info further on but I don't have time to read 53 pages now.

http://aquafishcrsp.oregonstate.edu/ME/Public Management/doc/Other-US-Government-Authoritative-AA-References/Foreign-Affairs-Manual-FAM/9/Appendix-F/87982.pdf

They also specifically mention that for example passport and birth certificate may show different names for the same person.

Hello.. i have a couple of questions 1st my cn 2016AF00017*** , when i will be called for interview ?
2nd what is my wife status if i got married after the interview, dose she still get a green card or even eligible to live in US ?

Thank you.