• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

is choosing an interview at a later date for some time a bad option?
will that affect the visa approval ?
what about delaying the interview(not the same thing)?
does getting a visa depend upon the month of interview?(like is it easy for early months and difficult for few months later(not very last))?

Last edited:
fixing my errors my ds unlocked!

Your request to unlock the DS-260(s) you indicated is now complete. Unlocked DS-260’s can be edited on the Consular Electronic Application Center website. You may now make any necessary changes. Please note that unlocked DS-260s must be re-submitted once the necessary changes are made. The failure to re-submit an unlocked DS-260 will affect the processing of your case. Once an application has been unlocked, we are unable to schedule the applicant for interview without a re-submitted DS-260

Yes so it is exactly as I thought, birth certificate and national ID does not use last name but passport does.
If this is the case I would be pretty sure that the COs will have seen this before.
I think it is possibly better to unlock the DS260 and under the bit where it asks you about aliases/other names put your name just as it is on the birth certificate.
Have you ever used other names (i.e., maiden, religious, professional, alias, etc.)?
trg_bk.GIF

I said "yes"

If you only have other surnames to enter, enter the same given names as above. If you only have other given names to enter, enter the same surname as above?
then i wrote below answers
I wrote given name (ahmadbasir) in surname i wrote(NLN) "NO LAST NAME" as i filled in the first entry
is it correct?

Have you ever used other names (i.e., maiden, religious, professional, alias, etc.)?
trg_bk.GIF

I said "yes"

If you only have other surnames to enter, enter the same given names as above. If you only have other given names to enter, enter the same surname as above?
then i wrote below answers
I wrote given name (ahmadbasir) in surname i wrote(NLN) "NO LAST NAME" as i filled in the first entry
is it correct?
Did you input your last name in the main section?
I am not sure whether you should write "NLN" in the "other names section".
Do you have middle names?

Did you input your last name in the main section?
I am not sure whether you should write "NLN" in the "other names section".
Do you have middle names?

You forget the background.
They do not use last names usually - until suddenly they appear on the passport. They are not on birth certificates etc. so he entered on his usual name, then got a passport, then discovered a sudden last name.

So, I think what he has done is right.

You forget the background.
They do not use last names usually - until suddenly they appear on the passport. They are not on birth certificates etc. so he entered on his usual name, then got a passport, then discovered a sudden last name.

So, I think what he has done is right.
I was actually more concerned about the main section, where the form asks for the name as it appears in the passport or travel document.

I was actually more concerned about the main section, where the form asks for the name as it appears in the passport or travel document.

Read the previous discussion ;)
It does, that's why he's reopened, because the eDV had no last name but he filled in DS260 according to instructions as it is in the passport.

On the assumption that one is to be interviewed in Oct 2015. When does he get the appointment and what space of time is there between the appointment notice, the medical examination and the interview date?

On the assumption that one is to be interviewed in Oct 2015. When does he get the appointment and what space of time is there between the appointment notice, the medical examination and the interview date?

Typically there's 6 - 8 weeks between when the interview notification letter is released and the interview date. Although this hasn't been the case for those interviewing this August, they're still waiting for the actual interview letter - of course it's possible most already know the interview date simply by calling KCC to confirm once their CN became current.

any advice!
Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?
trg_bk.GIF

i wrote
i do not have any documentation, i recieved vaccinations in accordance with afghanistan law but still don't have something to prove

any advice!
Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?
trg_bk.GIF

i wrote
i do not have any documentation, i recieved vaccinations in accordance with afghanistan law but still don't have something to prove

Just write you would have completed the required medical exam by the time of your interview and would therefore have the required documentation.

Have you attended a public elementary school or a public secondary school on student (F) status after November 30, 1996 without reimbursing the school?
trg_bk.GIF

I couldn't understand this question i selected "no"
i completed my school there was no charge it was free

thanks for helping me

Hi all,
I have a question please, I was born in Egypt and lived there until I got married. We then migrated to Australia in 2004 and are Australian citizens. To migrate to Australia I had to translate all my document in Egypt that includes my birth certificate, marriage contract, Bachelor degree etc. now that I am getting interviewed in Australia, do I still need to retranslate all my document again from an accredited translator in Sydney or could I just use the old translations. Please advise
Thank you

Have you attended a public elementary school or a public secondary school on student (F) status after November 30, 1996 without reimbursing the school?
trg_bk.GIF

I couldn't understand this question i selected "no"
i completed my school there was no charge it was free

thanks for helping me

F is a U.S. student visa. The question is applicable to people who studied in the U.S.

does getting a visa depend upon the month of interview?(like is it easy for early months and difficult for few months later(not very last))?

You cannot choose your interview date. You may, however, submit DS later, if your CN is low.
It is as "easy" to get a visa a few months later after fiscal year starts. However, you cannot control how long it takes to process you DS. It may take 2 months or quite longer. And when KCC finishes processing DSs, they schedule current cases 2 month ahead of the interview month .

Honestly, I wouldn't get too fancy with trying to control when your interview comes. You can estimate how long it will take for KCC to process your DS260, but it's not an exact science.

Can someone please respond to my question.....
I was born in Egypt and lived there until I got married. We then migrated to Australia in 2004 and are Australian citizens. To migrate to Australia I had to translate all mydocument in Egypt that includes my birth certificate, marriage contract, Bachelor degree etc. now that I am getting interviewed in Australia, do I still need to retranslate all my document again froman accredited translator in Sydney or could I just use the old translations. Please advise
Thank you