• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Hi everyone!! I got a few questions:

My CN is 2016SAXXXXX9XX when will i get my interview? i saw something about a visa cutoff numbers but im not pretty sure about that
if i forgot to put my wife's second last name in the DS-260 do i have to fill it again?
which documents do i have to take with me at the interview?
i was reading about a "Affadavit of support" form, i already filled the DS-260 but i havent recieved the I-134 form?
o i need a certified translator for my documents?

Thanks for all, is good to find such a good forum

I really think alot of your questions could be answered by reading the instructions.

Also make sure to check your embassy specific requirements.

Thank you for your reply but im still having doubts about what im asking, i just read that the embassy of my country may need the Affidavit of support but im not sure about how it works and if i need a specific amount of money in my account, im really nervous about this process, because its the first time that im having this type of experience, thanks again

I emaild to U.S embassy kabul
my question
I am 2016 dv lottery winner!
I filled first entry in accordance with my national ID (Tazkera) without last name.
After the result applied for passport and added "last name" filled my DS-260.
As you know Afghans don't use last names on "tazkera" all my documents the same as my tazkera name except my passport as i added last name.
My question is
Dose "last name" effect on my case?
Need your advice please
Thank you

the answer
EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Kabul, Afghanistan
Consular Section
Great Massoud Road

Dear Mr. Hakimi,
Thank you for your e-mail.

No, it will not affect your initial DV application.
Sincerely,

Consular Section/rm
Immigrant Visa Unit
US Embassy
Kabul, Afghanistan

my question
I filled first entry in accordance with my national ID (Tazkera) without last name.
As you know Afghans don't use last names on "tazkera" all my documents the same as my tazkera name except my passport as i added last name.
My question is
Need your advice please
Thank you

the answer
Kabul, Afghanistan
Consular Section
Great Massoud Road

Dear Mr. Hakimi,

Sincerely,

Consular Section/rm
Immigrant Visa Unit
US Embassy
Kabul, Afghanistan

Good news! As suspected, it's common there so they are used to dealing with it.
Now you just need to ensure everything else is in order :)

Good news! As suspected, it's common there so they are used to dealing with it.
Now you just need to ensure everything else is in order :)
thank you yeah it is good news
what should i do with other names field now?
as i think no need to fill that field with my name?

Hi every super moderators, I have some questions I would like to ask you about, I am a DV 2016 selectee and the main applicant for my family, we are in the SOUTH of AFRICA where we will have our interview my husband surname is MOUNGA same on eDV entry and birth certificate and passport but our kids surnames are MUNGA same eDV and birth certificate and passport, the reason it is MUNGA omitting the “O” is my husbands decision, he decided his kids to carry his surname omitting the O from his name due to the wrong meaning of his surname. Is that going to be a problem with the CO during the interview doubting the fatherhood with our kids even if on their birth certificate it says my correct name as mother and correct name of their father my husband? If it is an issue what would you suggest us to do to prevent any doubt from the CO? should we change their names at the departments where birth certificate were issued and change as well passport, and correct it on DS260 form? or bring an affidavit certified with a court letter for the fathers decision in it? Please need your help as we don’t know how to deal with it

Hi every super moderators, I have some questions I would like to ask you about, I am a DV 2016 selectee and the main applicant for my family, we are in the SOUTH of AFRICA where we will have our interview my husband surname is MOUNGA same on eDV entry and birth certificate and passport but our kids surnames are MUNGA same eDV and birth certificate and passport, the reason it is MUNGA omitting the “O” is my husbands decision, he decided his kids to carry his surname omitting the O from his name due to the wrong meaning of his surname. Is that going to be a problem with the CO during the interview doubting the fatherhood with our kids even if on their birth certificate it says my correct name as mother and correct name of their father my husband? If it is an issue what would you suggest us to do to prevent any doubt from the CO? should we change their names at the departments where birth certificate were issued and change as well passport, and correct it on DS260 form? or bring an affidavit certified with a court letter for the fathers decision in it? Please need your help as we don’t know how to deal with it

If you have the documentation showing legitimacy, it won't be a problem (documentation is king in regards to the CO assessment). They may ask out of curiosity, but I doubt it would be an issue.

I don't expect something like that to be a problem.

my question
My question is
Need your advice please
Thank you

the answer
Kabul, Afghanistan
Consular Section
Great Massoud Road

Dear Mr. Hakimi,

Sincerely,

Consular Section/rm
Immigrant Visa Unit
US Embassy
Kabul, Afghanistan
Just in case, print that email out and have it with you at the interview.

Can we do some changes after we submit the DS260 ? and if YES, will it cause any delay to my visa schedule?

Can we do some changes after we submit the DS260 ? and if YES, will it cause any delay to my visa schedule?

Yes changes can be made to the DS-260 after it's been submitted. Possibility of causing a delay or not depends on your CN, the changes/correction/addition made, and when the form is resubmitted.

Hi all. My question is will the same trend we have seen for visa bulletin cutoff numbers for dv2015 be almost similar to dv2016. I am 2016af35xxx, will i be right to assume I might get July interview next year.
Am I also right to assume my interview might be earlier considering the fact that there was low number of Selectees .
What are the chances Africa going current dv2016, for a fact I highly suspect E.U will go current.

Hi all. My question is will the same trend we have seen for visa bulletin cutoff numbers for dv2015 be almost similar to dv2016. I am 2016af35xxx, will i be right to assume I might get July interview next year.
Am I also right to assume my interview might be earlier considering the fact that there was low number of Selectees .
What are the chances Africa going current dv2016, for a fact I highly suspect E.U will go current.

Yes you are correct about the timing - but we will know better in a few months.

AF is unlikely to go current (neither will Asia) - they have still selected too many for AF, especially considering the derivative growth rate.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your expertise for those of us who need it.

My wife and I applied for DV 2016 and thank God she was selected - 2016AF00006XXX. We still have not submitted the DS 260 form because I am currently working abroad on contract basis to end in September 2015. A November interview date would be ideal for us, so we plan to submit the DS 260 form by mid this month (July), please advise.

I have a 3 year old son with another woman. My wife is the principal applicant and as her spouse, in the form during application, I was not asked if I had child of my own, in DS 260 I have been asked. Is it in order for me to mention that I have a son and that in future I would like him to join in USA?

Is our Case Number Safe? When should we expect the interview to be?

hi everybody!

my question about
Number of Educational Institutions Attended?
I only entered(1) for high school from 1991 to 2003
is it correct?
thank you