• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

I have a news about my case, i received IL today scheduled for July 29th at 8 am. Happay and excited. I think the expedite request helped me. I requested expedite on July 9th, got back respond on July 11th saying that can not give u timeframe.

I have a news about my case, i received IL today scheduled for July 29th at 8 am. Happay and excited. I think the expedite request helped me. I requested expedite on July 9th, got back respond on July 11th saying that can not give u timeframe.

Cool! One step closer

I received this email today regarding my expedite request. It is very reassuring and makes me feel relieved:

<snip>
Your case is under review for scheduling, and you will be scheduled for an interview soon. Rest assured you will be schedul before the end of the current diversity visa year.
</snip>

Hi:

how do you apply an expedite request??
I wanna to do that as well.
Thank you!!

Reactions: CWH
Gooosh something happened... :(( I have no idea what should I do now. I know USCIS has all our info and maybe They trying to help doing this but I don't know :'(. I contacted congressperson last week Monday. I didn't get any response yet but I did get my Asylum intetview letter. Does it Her fault?? I don't know what, to do know! Letter says I can reschedule for 45 dayas. But should I reschedule this Asylum interview hoping to get my DV interview letter sooner? Or should I go because maybe this is the way USCIS want me to do (Asylum interview before DV interview). Ehhh...

Hello,
Here is an update on my case: last week I contacted the congress man to get help and he requested my documents along with authorization to act on my behalf. Today, they called from his office and told me that USCIS scheduled my appointment for August 4th and IL should be in the way :):) . So, for those who is waiting, I would suggest getting the congress person involved.

lookmanohands,

congrats on your success!

I was so worried about the fact that I had renewed my passport and the fact that I do not have the passport with the original visa plus arrival stamp. But looks like the copies worked fine in your case, so I am a little relieved.

Do you have a copy of your entire passport or just the bio +visa? Because I had the copy of my entire passport, even the blank pages.

Hello,
Here is an update on my case: last week I contacted the congress man to get help and he requested my documents along with authorization to act on my behalf. Today, they called from his office and told me that USCIS scheduled my appointment for August 4th and IL should be in the way :):) . So, for those who is waiting, I would suggest getting the congress person involved.

Excellent - very good.

I know Andyaos is reading this and chomping at the bit to do the same thing. So - let me just say to Andy. You have three weapons that I know of to move you case along (SM1smom may know more). They are Infopass, Congressperson and possibly the expedite. The first two seem to get results. We aren't sure about the last. However within reason I think you should avoid using more than one at the same time. Think of each as a one shot pistol - when being charged by multiple Rhino, you don't want to fire them all into the first Rhino in case your first shot works. Once you see what happened you may decide to use the next thing. If you fire them all at once you may even lose the effectiveness of each individual shot. So - use them wisely!

Excellent - very good.

I know Andyaos is reading this and chomping at the bit to do the same thing. So - let me just say to Andy. You have three weapons that I know of to move you case along (SM1smom may know more). They are Infopass, Congressperson and possibly the expedite. The first two seem to get results. We aren't sure about the last. However within reason I think you should avoid using more than one at the same time. Think of each as a one shot pistol - when being charged by multiple Rhino, you don't want to fire them all into the first Rhino in case your first shot works. Once you see what happened you may decide to use the next thing. If you fire them all at once you may even lose the effectiveness of each individual shot. So - use them wisely!

Yes, got it.
I will wait for my infopass first.
Thank you so much!

Do you have a copy of your entire passport or just the bio +visa? Because I had the copy of my entire passport, even the blank pages.

I have the copies of just bio+visa. All other pages were blank and I do not have them. You think this is a problem? Thanks!

They are Infopass, Congressperson and possibly the expedite. The first two seem to get results. We aren't sure about the last.

True. What I got was an assurance email. Although it gives a degree of relief, it is not a result. You have infopass and it is known to work so use it first.

I have the copies of just bio+visa. All other pages were blank and I do not have them. You think this is a problem? Thanks!

I do not think it's THAT big of a problem because they can probably check via database your last entrance/departure from the US. I feel like that it would surely make the IO feel more at ease.

Let's see what @Sm1smom thinks about this and anyone else, who encountered similar situation!

Yes, got it.
I will wait for my infopass first.
Thank you so much!
Excellent - very good.

Ya you are right. Actually, I did infopass More than 3 weeks ago but I did not get any result. The officer I met was not helpful. Fortunately, the congress person option worked for me. Good luck for everyone.

Hello,
Can I ask You who is Your congress person involved? Since You Santa Ana like me. I contacted them last week too, I sent letter like They asked on Monday. And I still did not get any info from Them.

Can I ask You who is Your congress person involved? Since You Santa Ana like me. I contacted them last week too, I sent letter like They asked on Monday. And I still did not get any info from Them.
Hi,
I involved the congress person for the zip code 92683 where I reside. His name is Alan S. Lowenthal. Is he the same person that you asked for help?

Last edited:
Hi,
I involved the congress person for the zip code 92683 where I reside. His name is Alan S. Lowenthal.
Thank You! Ehhh so person I contacted is different because I am district 42 :( maybe mine just react a bit slower.
Goooosh! Just found out I contacted III level officer! The letter I sent was to Washington. Should I contac II level living here in CA too??

Last edited:
I do not think it's THAT big of a problem because they can probably check via database your last entrance/departure from the US. I feel like that it would surely make the IO feel more at ease.

Let's see what @Sm1smom thinks about this and anyone else, who encountered similar situation!

Thank you for your response! Yes, any comments from sm1smom and others would be greatly appreciated!!

Mom,

quick question for you. So I checked my status online with the receipt number they provided and its says that the file was accepted on July 11 along with the Biometric fee. The interesting thing is that my check hasn't been cashed yet. Would this impact anything ? If they have lost it , should I volunteer and check with them and send them a new one? Thoughts?

Thank you :)
The stressful one,