• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

You ne

You need to be approved by Sept 30. That means having a successful interview and them "picking" a visa for you. It doesn't matter if you don't have the physical GC by then, as long as you have been adjusted to an LPR.

Thank you Britsimon!!
I already made an Infopass next week to ask about the interview.
It's possible that I can be adjusted to an LPR on time?
it's been a long time...
Is it normal to wait an interview over one month?
Thank you!

Thank you Britsimon!!
it's been a long time...
Thank you!

Yes it's normal. Take a look at the timeline spreadsheet to see how long some people have waited or are still waiting for.

Monh, when did you receive an email regarding acceptance?

The check was cached on July 10, but I did not pay attention to the email. after couple of days I found that the email was sent on July 9.
The package was delivered to Chicago on June 19. So it took a long time to be accepted.

Britsimon,

I have submitted another expedite request. This time I choose "extreme emergency" like you did and explained the sept 30 deadline. We'll see how it goes. Did your expedite request make a difference?

So just got back home from Reno. No letter with interview date, no email. Grrrr. Seems like they are going to stretch the 5 days response time.

So just got back home from Reno. No letter with interview date, no email. Grrrr. Seems like they are going to stretch the 5 days response time.
The fact that you didn't get an expedite request denial notice means they are doing things faster than normal for you (I guess). I received my first expedite denial within five days by email. It was a lightning fast slap on the face that I'll remember when people ask me about the green card process :)

Part of her nightmare experience was that she had not sent in her paperwork when it could have been sent (1st July would have been recommended at that time) and partly that she did a follow to join process WAY LATE in the year. But she was current, which sadly you are not, Vicemaroc. I'm sorry this happened to you Vivemaroc. Time for plan B.
What is the plan B , Britsimon ?????

What is the plan B , Britsimon ?????

PLan B is whatever you want to do in the scenario where you don't get a DV lottery GC this year. Look at other ways to adjust status, re-enter for 2016 and so on. We were all warned that being selected doesn't guarantee a GC, so we should all have a plan b...

HA! Another successful story from one of my special babies :D. Time to break out another bottle of champagne ;). Congratulations and enjoy your new LPR status.
Had a good chuckle over this piece:

Haha, I had an OCD moment, so I layed out all the identifying documents right in front of me, but that slightly ticked the person off. As for the champagne, then I will pop it open as soon as I have the physical card in my hands :) The first toast will be exclusively in your honor!

@lookmanohands,
By the way, did you use your expired passport or you ended up renewing it?

I did renew it and it couldn't come at a better time, everything just aligned perfectly, just as you said. The person looked through my new passport to ensure I have no stamps in it of entrance/departure from the US. Then he took a close look at the copy of my old passport and asked some questions about some of the visas.

Again, thank you so much :D

Haha, I had an OCD moment, so I layed out all the identifying documents right in front of me, but that slightly ticked the person off. As for the champagne, then I will pop it open as soon as I have the physical card in my hands :) The first toast will be exclusively in your honor!

I did renew it and it couldn't come at a better time, everything just aligned perfectly, just as you said. The person looked through my new passport to ensure I have no stamps in it of entrance/departure from the US. Then he took a close look at the copy of my old passport and asked some questions about some of the visas.

Again, thank you so much :D

lookmanohands,

congrats on your success!

I was so worried about the fact that I had renewed my passport and the fact that I do not have the passport with the original visa plus arrival stamp. But looks like the copies worked fine in your case, so I am a little relieved.

Did my interview today and card production has been ordered this evening. Looking forward to a follow to join process for my husband. I want to thank everyone in this forum, you enlightened me a lot.:)

Congrats! I hope your follow to join goes smoothly as well. :)

The check was cached on July 10, but I did not pay attention to the email. after couple of days I found that the email was sent on July 9.
The package was delivered to Chicago on June 19. So it took a long time to be accepted.
Thanks for your prompt reply, monh, and good luck to you from now on !!!

Also update on my end:
Seeing your, urbanite (btw, "Hi" this morning !) and T.J.M. (user from spreadsheet) timeline, I was reasonably hoping to get something in the next day or two and, sure enough, this morning, I also got acceptance confirmation!!! Four text/email conformations (4 separate numbers for 4 of us-my husband, me and our two children) were received at 12:18 am this morning, and all 4 checks deposited pending withdrawal as of this morning!
So some movement, finally!
Good luck to everybody with the next phase :)

Last edited:
Thank you Britsimon!!
it's been a long time...
Thank you!

Make sure to have ALL the relevant documents on you. There's also no harm in asking them whether anybody would be available that day to conduct the interview right then. People have been fortunate enough in the past to do the interview at an Infopass.

Also update on my end:
Seeing your, urbanite (btw, "Hi" this morning !) and T.J.M. (user from spreadsheet) timeline, I was reasonably hoping to get something in the next day or two and, sure enough, this morning, I also got acceptance confirmation!!! Four text/email conformations (4 separate numbers for 4 of us-my husband, me and our two children) were received at 12:18 am this morning, and all 4 checkes deposeted pending withdrawal as of this this morning!

Good news! :) Good luck with the rest of the process.

Also update on my end:
Seeing your, urbanite (btw, "Hi" this morning !) and T.J.M. (user from spreadsheet) timeline, I was reasonably hoping to get something in the next day or two and, sure enough, this morning, I also got acceptance confirmation!!! Four text/email conformations (4 separate numbers for 4 of us-my husband, me and our two children) were received at 12:18 am this morning, and all 4 checkes deposeted pending withdrawal as of this morning!

That's wonderful, one step closer. They still haven't cashed my check...

Make sure to have ALL the relevant documents on you. There's also no harm in asking them whether anybody would be available that day to conduct the interview right then. People have been fortunate enough in the past to do the interview at an Infopass.

Really??
It sounds good for me.
So, can my wife go to infopass with me??
or she need to do another infopass?
thank you!!

Really??
It sounds good for me.
So, can my wife go to infopass with me??
or she need to do another infopass?
thank you!!

What I suggested is not very likely, but people have had this happen to them in the past. For the *interview* everybody should be present. But you are going for an infopass. Nobody knows whether you can turn it into an interview.

Good plan. I'm practicing my crying-on-queue technique also.
I received this email today regarding my expedite request. It is very reassuring and makes me feel relieved:

<snip>
Your case is under review for scheduling, and you will be scheduled for an interview soon. Rest assured you will be schedul before the end of the current diversity visa year.
</snip>

Last edited:
I received this email today regarding my expedite request. It is very reassuring and makes me feel relieved:

<snip>
Your case is under review for scheduling, and you will be scheduled for an interview soon. Rest assured you will be schedul before the end of the current diversity visa year.
</snip>

That's good! Most likely they will schedule it soon since they are looking at it.