• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Worried over "Immigrant Intent"

For the visa application you fill out a DS-156 which states in big bold letters on the top "NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION". If you fill out a NONIMMIGRANT visa application as an immigrant, how is that not an attempt to fraudulently obtain a visa you are not entitled to?

however, if a person already has a 10-year visa, he is not committing a fraud by using it, if he doesn't disclose information to the consular officer, unless specifically asked.

For the visa application you fill out a DS-156 which states in big bold letters on the top "NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION". If you fill out a NONIMMIGRANT visa application as an immigrant, how is that not an attempt to fraudulently obtain a visa you are not entitled to?

The same goes for entering the country in non-immigrant status if you are an immigrant. It doesn't matter what you say, your actions clearly speak for you.

As I said, it is perfectly legal to fill out nonimmigrant visa application, if you have an immigrant intent. As I said, it is perfectly legal to enter on a nonimmigrant visa, if you have an immigrant intent. As I said, it is perfectly legal to enter on a nonimmigrant visa even if you have a GC. That has nothing to do with either fraud or misrepresentation. Do not argue with an existing law and do not try to invent non-existing laws.

Sorry, but you are flat out wrong. David2000, I suggest you consult with an attorney and ignore the conflicting information you got here (from both of us). Better safe than sorry.

Consulting an attorney is not a bad thing at all. However, here it is clear I am right and you are flat out wrong. Dozens thousands people apply for nonimmigrant visas every year while in the GC process (H-1, L-1 and some other visas as well), and dozens thousands people enter US on nonimmigrant visas while in the GC process (when they enter US with those visas). That is very much common, significant percentage of nonimmigrants is supposed to do that and does that.

I analyzed you arguments. You make a statement, then I prove it is wrong.
It happened three times. Your statements were:
1. Entering on a nonimmigrant visa while having an immigrant intent is fraud.
2. Not voluneering information is misrepresentation.
3. Truthfully filling out a nonimmigrant visa application while having an immigrant intent is fraud.

All three statements contradict to existing US laws, and references were provided.

Last edited by a moderator:
Consulting an attorney is not a bad thing at all. However, here it is clear I am right and you are flat out wrong. Dozens thousands people apply for nonimmigrant visas every year while in the GC process (H-1, L-1 and some other visas as well), and dozens thousands people enter US on nonimmigrant visas while in the GC process (when they enter US with those visas). That is very much common, significant percentage of nonimmigrants is supposed to do that and does that.

I analyzed you arguments. You make a statement, then I prove it is wrong.
It happened three times. Your statements were:
1. Entering on a nonimmigrant visa while having an immigrant intent is fraud.
2. Not voluneering information is misrepresentation.
3. Truthfully filling out a nonimmigrant visa application while having an immigrant intent is fraud.

All three statements contradict to existing US laws, and references were provided.

To be advised that H1/L1 is non immigrant visa, but lawfully immigrant intent by USCIS ~(but no F1/J1)

I am F1 student and i am in very difficult situation now because i got a high rank number in lottery, don't know what to do~

JI