• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winner of DV2006. Adjustment of status (F1 visa)

hmz said:
Hi all,

filed on November 2nd. Approved & stamped on February 2nd. Green Card received on February 16th.

Didn't have a lawyer. Total cost: $1150 + other small fees.

Done.

hmz,
DV2006EU35xx

Congratulations hmz! :)

Marvadur

i just came back from conference .... i found in my mail box letter with GREEN CARD :)
On green card my birth date incorrectly written, so i need to contact them to change it, but anyway there is no rush in it .....

borya said:
i just came back from conference .... i found in my mail box letter with GREEN CARD :)
On green card my birth date incorrectly written, so i need to contact them to change it, but anyway there is no rush in it .....

Congratulations Borya! :)

Congratulation Borya, hope you will not have any problems with changing the birth date on your card.

Guys: I have a question, I received the first notice with the receipient number, but when I tryed to check my status online it said that the information on this number is not availiable, also it has been three weeks since I got my notice, but i didn't receive the biometrics notice yet.
What to do, please help?

Dimedrol

dimedrol said:
Congratulation Borya, hope you will not have any problems with changing the birth date on your card.

Guys: I have a question, I received the first notice with the receipient number, but when I tryed to check my status online it said that the information on this number is not availiable, also it has been three weeks since I got my notice, but i didn't receive the biometrics notice yet.
What to do, please help?

Dimedrol

Dimedrol,

Where do you live? I would call my local USCIS. Or, even better, set up an INFOpass appointment.

Marvadur

winner2006

did you received your first notice yet?
I'm a bit concerned about the recepts for DV fee, I sent them almost 2 weeks ago and nothing came back. good luck to you to and keep in touch

alincosma said:
did you received your first notice yet?
I'm a bit concerned about the recepts for DV fee, I sent them almost 2 weeks ago and nothing came back. good luck to you to and keep in touch

Alincosma,

don't worry. The receipt for the $375 that you paid for the Department of State takes around 2 to 3 weeks to come.

marvadur said:
Dimedrol,

Where do you live? I would call my local USCIS. Or, even better, set up an INFOpass appointment.

Marvadur

marvadur:
I live in NC, Charlotte
I was thinking about scheduling an appointment with them, but I didn't want to panic yet, maybe that is how long it takes them to mail the secon notice if your number is not current.

Also guys:, my receipt number starts with letters MSC-xx-xxx-xxxxx
is that normal?
also my number is 11XXX

dimedrol said:
marvadur:
I live in NC, Charlotte
I was thinking about scheduling an appointment with them, but I didn't want to panic yet, maybe that is how long it takes them to mail the secon notice if your number is not current.

Also guys:, my receipt number starts with letters MSC-xx-xxx-xxxxx
is that normal?
also my number is 11XXX

Dimedrol,

the MSC letters are ok, my notice also has it. If you're from Europe, your number will become current in April... Maybe that's why it's taking longer for you to receive the 2nd notice (but I'm not sure about that). My number becomes current in March.

Doubt about Biometrics

I have a question about biometrics. If anybody knows about it please help.

My kids also received a notice for Biometrics but they're both under the age of 14.

Should I take them to the Biometrics appointment anyway? :confused:

Thanks,

Marvadur

I finally received my receipt from DOS. I feel a bit releived, I thought I did something wrong. From what I saw from you guys that received the first notice already from USCIS, it takes 9 days to get it. Still waiting for mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
marvadur said:
Dimedrol,

the MSC letters are ok, my notice also has it. If you're from Europe, your number will become current in April... Maybe that's why it's taking longer for you to receive the 2nd notice (but I'm not sure about that). My number becomes current in March.

when you check your status online do you have any issues? when I check mine, it tells me that the case in not available.

It takes a few days to get updated in USCS system.

Last edited by a moderator:
dimedrol said:
when you check your status online do you have any issues? when I check mine, it tells me that the case in not available.

Mine says: "Case Status
Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On February 10, 2006, your fingerprint fee was accepted as complete, and processing of your case has resumed."

But do not worry too much about it; as hmz said, it takes a feel days for them to update your online status.

hello everyone,

Today i went for my biometrics. I had another notice for fingerprint on 7th of March. When i went there first i did not show this second notice, I gave them my first notice which was for biometrics due today,February 23rd, and after I am done i told them that i have another notice :))))And they were like why did not you show all the notices when u came here?? I was like i thought this biometrics and fingerprint has nothing to do with each other thats why:) After that they said i have to go there again for fingerprint. I guess if I showed the second notice at the beginning they would tell me to come back on March 7th. I think this was the best way to accelerate the process even a little. I just wanted to share with you guys,