• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winner of DV2006. Adjustment of status (F1 visa)

did everything by my self
had a meeting with the lawer today told him what I'm gonna do he said again to wait but I did it
i hope everything will be ok
as for profe of support I don't know yet what do I have to present when the interview is up
sent the files to Chicago and now I'm waiting

hello everybody! I sent the papers in to Chicago last week and today I got a letter that they received them. Is this the first notice everybody is talking about? What is the number that should become available? is it the A number on that letter?
I would really apreciate any help. I am confused and I don't understand all this process.
Thank you very much,
Diana

dianac said:
hello everybody! I sent the papers in to Chicago last week and today I got a letter that they received them. Is this the first notice everybody is talking about? What is the number that should become available? is it the A number on that letter?
I would really apreciate any help. I am confused and I don't understand all this process.
Thank you very much,
Diana

You probably received the I-797C, Notice of Action (Case Type: I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) and yes, this is the first notice. You'll soon receive the second notice with your biometrics appointment.

Marvadur

To alincosma

I absolutely do not understand what your lawyer is thinking. Your number showed up in the Bulletin and you did a correct thing by submitting the documents. What else do you have to wait for?

What docs to take to the Biometrics appointment?

Borya, hmz and DmmApril,

since you all already had your biometrics appointments, could you please tell me what documents did you take with you?

In our first notice (we did not receive the 2nd yet), it says:

"bring this letter and your photo identification" and

"bring a copy of all notices received from USCIS in relation to your current application for benefits"

What notices did you guys take with you to the biometrics appointment? Did you take anything else besides these 2 things?

Thank you in advance for your answers, :)

Marvadur

Vk 96

I think he wanted to do it for me later on, so he could charge me for every letter that he would send me. He said that the law says that you can file only when there is a number available to you. Well my number is available in April so I told him that I'm not gonna wait anymore and that was it. He was surprised when I told him that I already know the cut off number for April, he didn't ; on the USCIS website it wasn't posted the regular way, you had to go to history .... That means the people here on this forum are SMART. Right guys?

to marvadur: take your notice with appointment on biometrix, and document with photo, like driver licence, that should be enough.

alincosma
what number are you talking about? the A number? if that's the number, i got it in a week after sending in the application

Yes, I sent AOS to chicago last week and I got the first notice yesterday. what number are you asking about?

Hi borya,

any news from u? I just got an email from USCIS that my card was mailed yesterday.. :D

hi hmz.
right now i am on conference, i did not have change to check my mails, so tomorrow i am coming back, i hope to see something from KCC ... :)

Hi all,

filed on November 2nd. Approved & stamped on February 2nd. Green Card received on February 16th.

Didn't have a lawyer. Total cost: $1150 + other small fees.

Done.

hmz,
DV2006EU35xx