• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winner of DV2006. Adjustment of status (F1 visa)

I'm putting my file together, today I sent the money order for DV program, and as soon as I get the receipt I send the whole package. I want to thank you guys for replying me everytime I asked your opinions. I hope we all get the GC.

At this time this is the list that I have ready

a. I-485
b. G325 A
c. medical exams
d. congratulations letter from KCC
e. copies after: I-94, F1, I-20 and passport photo(don't know if I need that though)
f. copy of receipt(will get it next week) for $375
g. money order for $395 (biometrix and I 485)
h. two pictures
i. copies from birth cerificate and marriege certificate
j. translation and copies of high school and university degrees

Is there anything else that I need? F1 viza requires a sponsor, which I have , do I still need to send some financial proof? And I also used to work on campus until December 2005.

borya,

finally, my online status changed. It says:

On February 10, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you
a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Yes!! I am so happy.

Hi alincosma,

ur list seems good, but don't forget that u need i485 for each person. So, for u and for ur wife. Two money orders. Also, u need G325A for u and for ur wife. If u have a sponsor, thats enough. Make sure that ur sponsor fills I-134, Affidavit of Support form.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmz,
i just check the online status: they updated it, so i have the next notice:

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On February 10, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

i am happy too :)
good luck !

to hmz

did you guys send that form to? I didn't know about it. I was told that since I'm a student and I live with my sposor, I don't have to send an affidavit of support.

Hi alincosma,

i didn't send it. I submited bank statements and brought I-134 to the interview in case he would ask me, but he didn't. You have to prove that someone is ur sponsor, to say is not enough.

how do you guys check your online status?

hello everyone,
the receipts and notices that i got only shows a number starting with A and/or MSC. The last notice i got was my for my biometrics. Can anyone help me which number to check or will i get the number later ?
thank u in advance guys,

the number after A is the important number which correspond to your profile. later, if you will get green card, it going to be your main reference ....

thank u borya

thanks for replying again:) I see that u are almost done:)
Good job borya. When we get the plastic green card can we go back to our country? In my country,Turkey, I have to go to army for at least 6 months. Is there anything like I can not leave USA for the first year or something like that? Do u guys have any idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
ye, i am almost done ... :)

you can go no more than 0.5 year out of USA, if more, you need to do something additionally, i do not know what excactly, maybe somebody else know .....