• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winner of DV2006. Adjustment of status (F1 visa)

borya

Registered Users (C)
Hi All !
I am a winner of DV 2006 with case number 6xxx.
I just sent all my documents to my local USCIS (Chicago)(I am F1 student and i am going to make adjustments of my status). I know that the cut off numbers for october 3000(EU) and 3900(EU) for november. I guess my case number will be current only in february. Does it means that i will get any information back from USCIS after february or i might be invited on interview before ? I know the case (which is surprised me) in the last year when the person had 8xxx(EU) number and was invited on interview in the end of november ! all of this confused me that is why i decided to put this question on the table.
I will very appreciate any comments and suggestions.
Thank you,
Boris.

I think that previouse year DV cut-off numbers was ~10000 for EU for October. So, it is possible that somebody with EU8xxx number had interview at November.
It looks to me that you sent your application too earlier. I also think that you had to send it to the Chicago lockbox address and not to your local USCIS office, even it is in Chicago too.
On the other hand, it seems to me that I have seen one person on this forum who sent his AOS application before his number was current and received the interview invitation.
I think it may be good idea for you to take a lawyer to help you with the AOS process. I am not a immigration lawyer and just trying to proceed with my own AOS. Please consider my response accordingly.

Good luck,
Barry

How do you know that your number will become available in February? Nobody can predict these numbers.
Like a person above mentioned, you sent your documents too early, they can deny it just because your visa number is not available.

did u send it to chicago lock box? have u received the second letter ? i think you should call the number on your congratulation letter and they will tell you detailed info.

thank you for the information that you provided for me. my estimation about cut off nmbers was based just on intuition and i should accept that it might not work :). the case with 2002 really looks a bit similar with curent 2005 year.
unfortunatly, i sent my documents 1 week ago to Chicago USCIS as it is my local USCIS.
here several thinks that i did:
1. i received first packeges in june
2. i did medical examination and gathered all other documents in august.
3. i paid 375$ fee to department of state i got receipt from them.
4. i got document from kentuky (to whom i sent dsp-122) that my case completed and i should contact my local USCIS.
5. i sent package to USCIS(chicago) with big red label "winner of dv2006 lottery"

i did not get yet reply from them that they got my documents (1 week ago they got my package according to tracking information from UPS).
Mailing Address:
Chicago District Office
10 West Jackson Boulevard
Chicago, IL 60604

several question arised in the processes of review of reply from people of this thread:
1. chicago lock box: i do not know whether above address lock box or not ? is anybody know that ?
2. second letter: if the letter that i got from kentucky that my case number copleted "second", it means i got it. but if not....... what is the second letter ?
3. shoul i call to USCIS (chicago) to ask them about my documents ?

i will very appreciate any comment/suggestion !
thank you again,
Boris.

1. I think the address you specified isn't the lockbox one. The lockbox address is POB or (for FedEx etc) it is 427 LaSalle road (or something close to it). You can find their exact address at www.uscis.com.
2. Regarding the second letter, I think you are mixing CP & AOS. The CP second letter should have the interview date. The AOS one, shouldn't.
3. I don't know if you can call the local office. They have the national customer service phone. I think you should call them and also schedule info-pass and visit them.

thank you again ! i am making AOS, that is why i did not get second letter. i am going to call tomorrow to Kentucky, and after that i will make appointment thoroug info pass.
do you think is it really a problem that i sent my documents early that i suuppose to do ? i do not know, but i have a filling that it should not be. i hope everything will be ok !

boris.

Did AOS in 2005 (F1 student also)

Hey Boris!

I did my AOS in 2005. My case number was 8***. I was elegible to send documents in October 2004 (cutoff number was 9900.. i guess). Had fingerprints in November, EAD in March 2005, Interview in april 2005. Got my green card in August 2005. I did everything by myself, no lawer...
In June 2004 when I won, I went to the lawer.... he told everything is fine... he will take care of it... Month later I got my documents from INS... Apparently my lawer didnt know anything and send all papers for DV 2005 in June 2004. In official paper from INS they told me it is too soon to apply for DV 2005.
I was so mad.... I took all the papers from lawer... did it myself with the help of many online forums.... great place to look to info...

What country are u from Boris????

if you have questions let me know...

for viethling

So you did wait until your number became activ and only then submited the papers. That is the right process for AOS. When you submited them earlyer than your number becoming current ,they sent them back to you. I just want to make sure that I am doing the right thing with this AOS.
Thanks

hi all !
1. i called today to kentucky center where i was told that it is ok that i sent documents early.
2. i did an appointment for 27 of october to my local USCIS(chicago).
3. the more amaizing thing: in the end of this day(13 october) i checked my mail box and what i see: the envelop with I-797C, Notice of action where USCIS informs me that my documents was delivered, i have now A......... number, that they will invite me for biometrics and what to take with me and so on.... it is interesting to note that it takes only 8 days (received date: 3 oct 2005, notice date 11 oct 2005) to reply to me. i do not know, maybe this is normal timing, but anyway i am glad that i have now something from USCIS. i even thinging right now should i use my appointment on 27 of october or it is maybe better just to wait further informations from USCIS ?

vliething: i am originally from russia (moscow), but right now PhD student with F1 visa :)

infopass appoitmend doesn't hurt.
and Hi neighbours ,LUCY & BORIS

Last edited by a moderator:
borya said:
Hi All !
I am a winner of DV 2006 with case number 6xxx.
I just sent all my documents to my local USCIS (Chicago)(I am F1 student and i am going to make adjustments of my status). I know that the cut off numbers for october 3000(EU) and 3900(EU) for november. I guess my case number will be current only in february. Does it means that i will get any information back from USCIS after february or i might be invited on interview before ? I know the case (which is surprised me) in the last year when the person had 8xxx(EU) number and was invited on interview in the end of november ! all of this confused me that is why i decided to put this question on the table.
I will very appreciate any comments and suggestions.
Thank you,
Boris.
Is there any number or web site thru which one can check whether he or she were selected in DV 2006.?
Thanks

i do not think so. as far as i know, the person who was selected are going to be confidentially notified though regular mail.
boris.

Good news !
i just got today (19 octover) letter from my local USCIS that i should take biometrics on 4 november !

hopefully, everythink will be ok !

Borya.

I got Biometrics today(4 november). Everything was ok, it tooks several minuits to make fingerprints. i got sign in my Notification notice that i did fingerprints. they will send witthin 1 week notice to FBI which suppose to check my clearance. i hope it will not take much time while there are cases in past..... once i am "clear" they will notice UCSIC (chicago) and they suppose to invite me on interview. i hope, i understand correctly procedure.
let's see how it is going to work.........

Hi borya,

i am in the same situation like u. I filled in Nov 2. Delivered in 4th. Didn't receive anything yet.

i did not recived invitation on the interview yet.
usually, they are sending invitation month before actual day. since my number is going to be current in january, i am expecting to have letter from uscis in the begining of december. i hope......
let's keep each other updated about further details and information,
thank you,