Why not - Tracker for December 2002

guju,

your case is being touched, that's for sure. You are asked to provide FP2 because your case is being probably lined up for adjudication soon. Nobody will be able to provide ETA for approval of your case, and at the same time, the officer assigned to your case may / not ask for EVL, depends on the case. Sit tight, your day will come, and I hope, sooner than later. :)

best,

I do understand that my case has been touched, i am just thinking if i should send the EVL just now or wait till i get an RFE (If I get it)

Guju,

probably missread your note....sorry.
You can, but you do not have many chances that your letter will hit the same officer, and it will not attached to your file. at the same time, it might....you never know, Good luck though!!! ;)

Aug 2004 update from Greenland Report For Dec 27, 2002 RD

STATUS AS OF.......APR 1, 04.......Jun 15, 04......Jul 6, 04.......Aug 04, 04

MISC...............14..(3.4%)......13..(3.2%)......12..(2.9%)......9...(2.2%)
RECEIVED...........370.(90.7%).....362.(88.7%).....342.(83.8%).....274.(67.2%)
RESUMED/FP RECVD...18..(4.4%)......23..(5.6%)......30..(7.4%)......56..(13.7%)
FP Sent............0...(0%)........0...(0%)........9...(2.2%)......30..(7.4%)
RFE RECVD..........2...(0.5%)......2...(0.5%)......3...(0.7%)......2...(0.5%)
RFE SENT...........................1...(0.3%)......5...(1.2%)......6...(1.5%)
TRANSFERRED........2...(0.5%)......3...(0.7%)......3...(0.7%)......3...(0.7%)
APPROVED...........2...(0.5%)......4...(1.0%)......4...(1.0%)......28..(6.9%)

TOTAL................408.............408..............408.............408

Here are some observations.
1. In the last week of July 2004, it looks like they are starting to "touch" cases with Dec 27 RD. . :) 32.8% of the cases have touched. Unfortunately, my case is not one of them, but that is OK.

2. Between July 27, 2004 - Aug 2, 2004, I see 24 approvals for DEC 27 cases. These are most likely secondary cases filed after the primary cases, so don't read too much into it.

3. A lot of finger print notices (about 30) have been sent out in the last week of July 2004. Expect more to come in Aug.

Please note I only ran the report for DEC 27, 02 RD. However, this date is the last day of DEC, I expect most of the DEC 2002 cases will be in the same boat.

Hi,

MY I485 RD is 12/27/2002

I had my 1st fingerprinting on 2/2003

Not received 2nd fingerprinting yet

1st Advance parole & EAD expired in 7/2004

Not yet re-applied for them.

wlin98004,

Is it possible if we can find out how many (and if any) RFEs were issed AFTER second FP results came in.

I am wondering if second FP notice is isseed when the adjudicator feels that no RFE is required or second FP notices are issued just before first FP has expired and they have started adjudicating cases around that date.

any takes from anyone?

I donot think there is a logic between Second FP and RFE. A friend of mine got the RFE first and then Second FP, another one got the Second FP first and then RFE so we donot know what the officers at INS are upto

guju said:
Is it possible if we can find out how many (and if any) RFEs were issed AFTER second FP results came in.

Sorry. Won't be able to do that. The Greenland report only tracks current status. It will take a lot of work to get it to keep historical data for cases.

Huge RFE recieved - ND 12/5/2002

We got RFE's on I485 applications for both me and my wife. Getting an RFE is not unusual. But they wanted 8 (eight) things on mine and 7 (seven) on my wife's.
Did anyone get so many before....... what would have been the reason for so many.....
If you don't have time to read this huge post (sorry!), my main questions on #5 and #4 on MY RFEs.
Some of the things they requested are straight forward, but some, I need help on. If any of you reading this got an RFE on any of these (I am sure I got every category of RFE there is), please tell me what you provided as evidence. I think I might have made some one REALLY angry at BCIS.

Here is MY list.

1. Please submit updated G-325A. (this one is easy).
2. Please submit a statement indicating name and location of current employer with dates of employment. (this can be done).
3. You failed to propery complete Part 3 Section C of I-485 application. Submit an affidavit stating all links to any political organization. I don't have any. So what should I submit?
4. Evidence of birth. We already submitted birth certificates from municipality. What else can we submit for this????
5. VERY TRICKY ONE. I am typing what they said as it is. Any one, please explain this. "The record indicates that you have accepted employment in the US since 11/18/02, the date you filed your I-485 with this office. Please submit documentation that ALL periods of employment since that time were authorized by the service.". This is tricky becasue, I am with my current employer (also the sponsor) since august of 2001. I have not accepted any other employment. What records they can be talking about that indicate that I have accepted employment.... also, what can present as evidence of my not accepting any other employment.
6. Submit a copy of photo identity like driver's licence. (this is the most straight forward of all).
7. List you employment history since your last lawful admission. Submit evidence for role, pay, dates including W-2, pay stubs, income tax returns.... this can be done.
8. Submit a statement of your prspective permanent employer which specifies role, pay, etc.

This is great, you are still reading this :)

For my WIFE:

1. On form I-693 your doctor DID NOT SIGN..... so resubmit with signature.
2. On form I-693 doctor did not do all age specific immunization checks..... please have them recheked.
3. Please submit updated G-325A.
4. You failed to propery complete Part 3 Section C of I-485 application. Submit an affidavit stating all links to any political organization. I don't have any. So what should I submit?
5. Evidence of birth. We already submitted birth certificates from municipality. What else can we submit for this????
6. The record indicates you were married to primary applicant less than 2 years. Submit evidence that shows that you have entered into and currently maintain a valid mairal relation ship.
7. Alothough similar to (5) on mine, this is not tricky...... it says "IF you have accepted employment since 11/18/02...."

CU,

Did you file the 485 by yourself or through an attorney ... The fact that it asks for an updated G325A implies that you did not use one for the initial filing??

One thing I can think of on your RFE on political affiliations: You could simply file an affidavit that says you dont have any ... right?

Please consult your lawyer and respond to this RFE .. it is long and pretty detailed...

Congrats and good luck ..

BTW, What is your RD/ND?

Thank you for the replies.
We did not file I-485 by ourselves. We used a lawer to do that (what I hear from my company is quiet an expensive one).
Yes, the lawer said, I just need to sign an affidavit.

Any ideas about additonal proof of birth dates. They did not accept the municipality birth certicate.

Also, my wife is Inidia right now, I am planning to leave on Sep 3 and come back on Sep 28. The lawer said that should not be an issue. But, that means we can reply to RFE only in Oct. Do any of you see any problem with this?

My details are (sorry I did not have them handy before)

AD 11/18/02
RD 12/05/02
FP1 02/2003
EAD1 05/2003
EAD2 08/2004
AP 03/2004
FP2 07/2004
EAD2 07/2004
RFE 8/4/2004

Now that I am seeing few December 2002 cases getting approved, lets re-open this tracker.
People who got approved please post your details.

wlin98004,
I would really appreciate if you can run the Green Land Script again and posts the results.
Thank you

Update From Greenland Report For Dec 27 Rd

Here is the newest stat. By the way, it takes a while to do this. I will try to do this once a month at the start of the month. Note this report is only for I-485 applications with a Notice Day of DEC 27, 2002.

STATUS AS OF.......APR 1, 04.......Jun 15, 04......Jul 6, 04.......Aug 04, 04

MISC...............14..(3.4%)......13..(3.2%)......12..(2.9%)......9...(2.2%)
RECEIVED...........370.(90.7%).....362.(88.7%).....342.(83.8%).....274.(67.2%)
RESUMED/FP RECVD...18..(4.4%)......23..(5.6%)......30..(7.4%)......56..(13.7%)
FP Sent............0...(0%)........0...(0%)........9...(2.2%)......30..(7.4%)
RFE RECVD..........2...(0.5%)......2...(0.5%)......3...(0.7%)......2...(0.5%)
RFE SENT...........................1...(0.3%)......5...(1.2%)......6...(1.5%)
TRANSFERRED........2...(0.5%)......3...(0.7%)......3...(0.7%)......3...(0.7%)
APPROVED...........2...(0.5%)......4...(1.0%)......4...(1.0%)......28..(6.9%)

TOTAL................408.............408..............408.............408

STATUS AS OF.......SEP 1, 04......

MISC...............7...(1.7%)....
RECEIVED...........162.(39.7%)...
RESUMED/FP RECVD...123.(30.1%)...
FP Sent............49..(12%).....
RFE RECVD..........6...(1.5%)....
RFE SENT...........11..(2.7%)....
TRANSFERRED........14..(3.4%)....
APPROVED...........36..(8.8%)....

TOTAL................408.........

A lot of us have been "touched", unfortunately I am not one of them. However, compare to a friend who started the process in late 2001 and still hasn't got his labor cert, I feel OK. Remember there is always someone doing better than you and there is always someone doing worst than you. Your happiness is under your control. Always look on the better side. :)

Thanks for the posting wlin
So in the last month lot of FP2 were send out and only 8 cases approved. Seems like they are approving oct/nov right now, hopefully this month DEC approvals will go up.

Pleasant surprise

No, I did not get the approval notice. Not that lucky. I came home two days ago and found a mailing from INS. It turned out to be the 2nd FP notice. My RD is DEC 27, 2002. I was surprised because my online case status has not change from day 1. It still hasn't change. This means, INS can send out FP2 notice without any update on the online status of the case.

By the way the schedule me for late October for the finger print. That is a long way from now. Any one has the Burien ASC telephone number in Seattle? I want to give them a call and re-schedule.

wlin98004 said:
No, I did not get the approval notice. Not that lucky. I came home two days ago and found a mailing from INS. It turned out to be the 2nd FP notice. My RD is DEC 27, 2002. I was surprised because my online case status has not change from day 1. It still hasn't change. This means, INS can send out FP2 notice without any update on the online status of the case.

when did your 1st fingerprint expire? Thanks.