whre to get certified copy traffic ticket didn´t process by court????

fliflop

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

you all are doing a great job giving information. It is helping me a lot.

well, I have question:

In my N400 I didn´t put any answer regarding traffic citation or parking tickets.

- I have red light: I have copy certified with disposition and payment processed by the court).

- I have a parking ticket. I just have two letters received from Los Angeles Parking City ( parking violations bureau). I wasn´t processed by the court.
* " We have reviewed your inquiry concerning the citation(s) listed below. Your
payment has been received and your citation(s) credited accordingly..."
. Well it is
a parking violation but in the letter says citation number.
* The othe letter I received says:
bla,bla,bla citation number:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx 2005 $.00 total amt due $.00
I have been reading posts and I know you are going to tell me it is not necessary to disclose parking ticket but I want to have information just in case.
I have been trying to get it certified but they told me that they don´t do that service. They only can send me the letters with any due but it is not certified. I called them several times and explain the situation with the N400 and told me that should be ok with the letter and they can´t do it certified because it wasn´t process by the court, so I just have the two letters . The Los Angeles Superior Court told me that they don´t proccess parking tickets. Is there any place that I can get this letter certified??? or the court is the only place???.

t- Car accident. Only a little crush in a parking. No police, ticket,...nothing. So i have letter from my insurance and DMV record. But I am not going to disclose this one. Only traffic citation and parking ticket

Sorry for this post so long.
Please any advice.

Don't drive yourself crazy trying to get court record for minor traffic tickets. Proof of payment at interview is more than enough.

Don't drive yourself crazy trying to get court record for minor traffic tickets. Proof of payment at interview is more than enough.

I have Exactly same story .. but i dont have receipt or proof from the court ( i lost it ) i try to call the court but they told me we cant give u any thing and we can't go back 3 years ( i have a red light ticket from 02-19- 2007....420.00 $) ,, i bay the amount,, and am clean record from dmv )
i have :
1- Bank statment (To prove that I paid through my checking account)
2- Cheque paper (the Carbon copy)>>>>bay to order of : superior court of california....citation nmbr....the amount..date )
3-Clean DMV record

also i didn't mention about this citiation in my n-400 , in the interview i wanna till the officer about this citation ,
and maybe he ask me about proof from the court , i don't have . but i have 1-2-3 above

do think those enough ???

i appreciate your advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Copy of check or bank statement is proof of payment. Don't worry, most of the time IOs aren't concerned about minor traffic tickets and don't ask for more info about them.

I have Exactly same story .. but i dont have receipt or proof from the court ( i lost it ) i try to call the court but they told me we cant give u any thing and we can't go back 3 years ( i have a red light ticket from 02-19- 2007....420.00 $) ,, i bay the amount,, and am clean record from dmv )
i have :
1- Bank statment (To prove that I paid through my checking account)
2- Cheque paper (the Carbon copy)>>>>bay to order of : superior court of california....citation nmbr....the amount..date )
3-Clean DMV record

also i didn't mention about this citiation in my n-400 , in the interview i wanna till the officer about this citation ,
and maybe he ask me about proof from the court , i don't have . but i have 1-2-3 above

do think those enough ???

i appreciate your advice

A copy of your bank statement indicating payment is more than sufficient.

A copy of your bank statement indicating payment is more than sufficient.
Hi,

I don´t have bank stament for tha parking ticket. I would like to get it certified. Please any advice or place. Is the court the only place you can get certified copies??.
BTWm zaid, the court should have the disposition of your case ( I had my red light in 2006 and I can see my case number in the court website). If you have a citation number, they can make you a certified copy. That´s what I did. My opinion is try to get certified from the court. USCIS ask for certied copies. But if you can´t usethe bank stament. It is better than nothing.

thanks

Hi,

I don´t have bank stament for tha parking ticket. I would like to get it certified. Please any advice or place. Is the court the only place you can get certified copies??.
BTWm zaid, the court should have the disposition of your case ( I had my red light in 2006 and I can see my case number in the court website). If you have a citation number, they can make you a certified copy. That´s what I did. My opinion is try to get certified from the court. USCIS ask for certied copies. But if you can´t usethe bank stament. It is better than nothing.

thanks

As has been stated god knows how many times on this forum, parking tickets DO NOT NEED TO BE DISCLOSED. Don't even worry about it. Whereas some may argue that a TRAFFIC ticket is a citation, a PARKING ticket is a civil liability. It does not fall under being cited. As far as certified dispositions are concerned, the USCIS only wants to see them for ARRESTS, not traffic violations. If you disclose your traffic tickets, a bank statement or a canceled check are more than sufficient.

Hi,

thanks

i have the citation nmbr and i try many times with the court web site , all time no result
maybe your court different from my court .;)
are u in california ?

i have the citation nmbr and i try many times with the court web site , all time no result
maybe your court different from my court .;)
are u in california ?

Hi zaid,

Ok. I am living in California. Forget about checking the website. I did the same even called to the court and they told me that I should go directly to the court. So go there directly. They have everything about your case number even the disposition. That´s what I did. I went to the court with my citation number (you can use your driver license too) and ask them about certified copy of my citation. I paid $25 and got the certification.

Hope this helps.

Guys,

You are obviously not paying attention. Here it is again: THERE IS NO NEED OR REQUIREMENT TO PROVIDE CERTIFIED DISPOSITIONS FOR TRAFFIC TICKETS. End of story. A canceled check or a copy of your bank statement is more than sufficient, as is an UNCERTIFIED court printout.

Threads such as this one may cause future applicants to perform tasks that are completely unnecessary and inconsequential to the naturalization process. So just for posterity, I will state it again: THERE IS NO NEED OR REQUIREMENT TO PROVIDE CERTIFIED DISPOSITIONS FOR TRAFFIC TICKETS.

Hi zaid,

Ok. I am living in California. Forget about checking the website. I did the same even called to the court and they told me that I should go directly to the court. So go there directly. They have everything about your case number even the disposition. That´s what I did. I went to the court with my citation number (you can use your driver license too) and ask them about certified copy of my citation. I paid $25 and got the certification.

Hope this helps.

Thank alot my friend :)

You know somthing .. I'll go to them without a certificate of the court and if they asked me where is it? I tell them vorpal said no need:D
Guys,

You are obviously not paying attention. Here it is again: THERE IS NO NEED OR REQUIREMENT TO PROVIDE CERTIFIED DISPOSITIONS FOR TRAFFIC TICKETS. End of story. A canceled check or a copy of your bank statement is more than sufficient, as is an UNCERTIFIED court printout.

Threads such as this one may cause future applicants to perform tasks that are completely unnecessary and inconsequential to the naturalization process. So just for posterity, I will state it again: THERE IS NO NEED OR REQUIREMENT TO PROVIDE CERTIFIED DISPOSITIONS FOR TRAFFIC TICKETS.

Thank you very much for this information:)