Whoever got their receipt recently

Nimche

Registered Users (C)
Just keep track of the processing dates in general.
Here is the USCIS updated receipt processing for different file. you can find your N-400 at your service center.
Please share your info.

As of November 9, 2007, USCIS has completed initial data entry and issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the dates indicated:

California Service Center
Form Number Date Received
I-130 8/30/2007
N-400 8/09/2007
All Other Forms 10/25/2007

Nebraska Service Center

I-131 10/18/2007
I-140 10/18/2007
I-485 Employment
Based 10/18/2007
I-485 Refugee 9/13/2007
I-765 10/18/2007
N-400 7/30/2007
All Other 11/1/2007

Texas Service Center

I-131 Current
I-140 Current
I-485 Employment
Based 11/04/2007
I-765 Current
N-400 7/25/2007
All Other 10/04/2007

Vermont Service Center

I-130 7/24/2007
N-400 7/29/2007
All Other Forms 11/04/2007

no one did? Not even online status? that is crazy.
So we are seeing about four months wait.??!

no one did? Not even online status? that is crazy.
So we are seeing about four months wait.??!

Yesterday, someone reported a check cashed on 11/7/2007 for a PD of 8/17/2007 at VSC. Seems like 15 weeks promised by the USCIS is about right. It amounts to about 4 months anyway.

So in my case it took them about 22 days to chash the check and you think it will take another 15 weeks to get receipt? Finger prints will be next year. If it goes this way then I am going crazy.

Here is my information... Check Signature. I mailed to the center in Laguna Niguel, California.

that is kind of interesting. CSC 20days to get NOA after FP? that is good I think.

I hope same thing happenes to all of us. Thanks for the updates.

I will post if I ot anything from them.

that is kind of interesting. CSC 20days to get NOA after FP? that is good I think.

I hope same thing happenes to all of us. Thanks for the updates.

I will post if I ot anything from them.

I wish I lived in CSC's jurisdiction! On a side note, I received my FOIPA results yesterday. As predicted by several members of this forum, my results showed no records.

It's my understanding that USCIS will still process applications according to priority date, so check cashing date is no indication of the order your case will be processed (although frustrating to those who have applied months earlier and haven't had check cashed ) . For example, several applicants have posted that CSC and NSC has been cashing checks within 2-4 weeks of receiving application, whereas others (including myself) who have filed end of July have yet to see their checks cashed. We will see in the coming months if USCIS follows processing order by priority dates posted on their website.

I wish I lived in CSC's jurisdiction! On a side note, I received my FOIPA results yesterday. As predicted by several members of this forum, my results showed no records.

Hey Vorpal,
can you please tell me how and where did you file the FOIPA. I am also thinking to do this. Thanks

Hey Vorpal,
can you please tell me how and where did you file the FOIPA. I am also thinking to do this. Thanks

You can file the FOIPA by following this link: http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_instruc.htm

Read the instructions first, then click on the "Privacy Act Request Form" link within the instruction page. Fill the form out and send it to the address listed in the instructions. You don't need to notarize it, as long as you have your original signature on the form. Also, don't worry about stating how much you're willing to pay for duplication. Just fill the form out, sign it, and mail it.

I thought the Priority date in different service center is from the other three? So them may process a case in CA faster than Vermont?

Vorpal, I feel you and I know it drives you crazy but believe me as soon as they start doing their routin job, we will be all equal in intial processing time.

Good Luck

I thought the Priority date in different service center is from the other three? So them may process a case in CA faster than Vermont?

Vorpal, I feel you and I know it drives you crazy but believe me as soon as they start doing their routin job, we will be all equal in intial processing time.

Good Luck

From the looks of it, VSC is actually moving. Someone with a PD of 8/20/07 just had their check cashed yesterday, so it looks like I only have to wait a few more days.

By the way, it's very possible that a California case will be processed faster than Vermont, or any other service center. It all depends on the amount of applications that a particular service center received. For instance, if CA received 10,000 applications, and Vermont received 30,000, then of course CA will process their quicker.

Check cashed 9/24, wrong case number written on check, no notice

Hi-it's now been just over 15 weeks since USCIS received my application on 7/30.My check was cashed on 9/24 but I have not yet received the notice as of 11/14. To make matters worse, the case number written on the front of the check seems to be missing one digit. Mine only had 12 characters starting with ESC but the online system tells me that it should be 13. Supposedly there is supposed to be an asterisk after the first three alphabets (mine did not have that) and I tried searching my case number inserting the asterisk as well, but no luck. I also tried calling customer service and the woman I spoke with was of absolutely NO help whatsoever. Most of the time she was simply reading off a standard form, giving me information or asking questions that were not relevant to my situation. Bottom line: she said that the only way she can look up my case is by the case number. If there is an error in the numbers written on my cashed check and my application goes missing-- then what?

I realize that i should probably give it a few more weeks to see if the notice arrives, but if I never receive the notice, is there any way for USCIS to look into my case without the correct case number?

If anyone knows the answer, please help!

We all know that there is a gap between the day your check cashed and your reciept but with recent delays I think that gap has been increased and result of it creates this confusion for all of us. I personlly look at this check and I found that WSC*000000000 and it doesn't work and I believe that it takes them sometimes based on USCIS information to enter your data in their system. So probably we should all wait till see who is the first one and how long it took them to issue the receipt. Meanwhile we will keep posting here and get more information. Thank you all guys for your contribution to this forum and keep it up.

I just got off the phone with the USCIS service center (after being transfered and placed on hold for 20 min) suggesting that they increase or remove their 15 week reference to receiving receipt notice as we are starting to see signs that this is no longer the case.I don't know how serious the officer who I spoke with took my suggestion, but he said that USCIS will address it. Let's just hope my suggestion makes it up the chain of command and that USCIS takes action.

We all know that there is a gap between the day your check cashed and your reciept but with recent delays I think that gap has been increased and result of it creates this confusion for all of us. I personlly look at this check and I found that WSC*000000000 and it doesn't work and I believe that it takes them sometimes based on USCIS information to enter your data in their system. So probably we should all wait till see who is the first one and how long it took them to issue the receipt. Meanwhile we will keep posting here and get more information. Thank you all guys for your contribution to this forum and keep it up.

Take a look at this: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=54519c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

It states that there's a delay of 3 to 4 weeks between the issuance of the receipt and the availability of the case status online. If your check has been cashed, but you're still waiting to get your receipt, don't bother trying to check the status online.

I just got off the phone with the USCIS service center (after being transfered and placed on hold for 20 min) suggesting that they increase or remove their 15 week reference to receiving receipt notice as we are starting to see signs that this is no longer the case.I don't know how serious the officer who I spoke with took my suggestion, but he said that USCIS will address it. Let's just hope my suggestion makes it up the chain of command and that USCIS takes action.

Thanks for doing that - good idea! It'll let them know we are paying attention!

Still no sign of cheque being cashed here and it's heading for 16 weeks.:(

thing that drives me nuts is they have already raised the application price and whole alot of people which weren't too sure about applying for citizenship or not they applied before the fee increase and basically they made a double deal out of that one and + fee increase and that should be a sweat deal. What if you put more people to work to get done with this or stop accepting more application ( which is a funny comments on their side) but what is the whole deal about?
They keep that stress with you all the time and this is the one makes me to write here. I hope everything will get straighten up.

that is good, we have seen some people those have received their reciept recently.
I hope we all will.