Whoever got their receipt recently

that is good, we have seen some people those have received their reciept recently.
I hope we all will.

An interesting thought just crossed my mind, one that suggests one of two things, or possibly even both. Consider this for a moment: during the I-485 crush, the USCIS routed certain I-485 applications submitted to CSC and NSC to TSC and VSC, in order to expedite data entry for those applications. Now that it's over with, both CSC and NSC (particularly NSC) are way ahead of TSC and VSC in processing N-400s. Wouldn't it make sense for the USCIS to route some N-400s received by TSC and VSC to CSC and NSC, in order to expedite receipting for the backlogged applications? Going back to the original topic of this post, this leads me to believe that either A) the USCIS places N-400s at the bottom of their priority list, B) is not allocating their resources efficiently, or C) both A and B.

You are right. They have already done this, they routed different application for CSC and Nebraska not N-400. I-140 I think is the priority for USCIS. I have no idea why but this is what I see.
It is not very understanable why they just moved one day or two since last week? but I am sure that it doesn't make any sense at all.
We should probably buy them a container of Red-bull to make them move.

Also, keep in mind the drastic discrepancy in information that we're seeing lately. The chairman of the USCIS told various media outlets that N-400s are receiving priority over other applications. However, it clearly stated on the USCIS website that I-485s were getting preferential treatment. This reminds me of the post-9/11 mess, where it came to light that various government agencies refused to share information...information that could have possibly prevented the events of 9/11.

got my receipt notice today

i received my receipt notice today; it was postmarked 11/23 but i just collected it today as i was away on a trip.

app sent 7/27
arrived vsc 7/30
priority date 7/27

I posted on a different thread, I think, but I'll add it here too:

I got NOA on 26 November (cheque cashed 19 November). Priority date 27 July 2007(TSC)

Those of you who got their receipts recently, can you shed some light on whether the actual receipt number printed on your NOA match the number printed on the back of your cashed check, or the number handwritten on the front of your check?

I am new to this thread but anyways

We(husband & I) received our NOA's today.
Our priority date as per the letter is July27, 2007

It says:

You will be notified of the date and lace of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office. You should expect to be notified within 240 days of this notice.

full of hope
mailed to TSC 7/26/2007
received by tsc 7/30/2007
check cashed 11/26/2007
Priority Date 7/27/2007
Notice date 11/27/2007
NOA Received 11/30/07

I am new to this thread but anyways

We(husband & I) received our NOA's today.
Our priority date as per the letter is July27, 2007

It says:

You will be notified of the date and lace of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office. You should expect to be notified within 240 days of this notice.

full of hope
mailed to TSC 7/26/2007
check cashed 11/26/2007
Priority Date 7/27/2007
Notice date 11/27/2007
NOA Received 11/30/07

First off, congrats! Can you please check which one of the numbers on your cashed check (the one handwritten on the front or the one printed on the back) match the number on the NOA? I'm trying to determine which one of those numbers is the actual receipt number.

First off, congrats! Can you please check which one of the numbers on your cashed check (the one handwritten on the front or the one printed on the back) match the number on the NOA? I'm trying to determine which one of those numbers is the actual receipt number.

Hi Vorpal,
I looked at my checks.. here are few things I noticed

1> There is nothing in hand written on front or back of my check.
2> so many numbers but none matched my application number on receipt, also there is something in print which i couldn't make out at all.

If it helps my application no. starts with SSC*00XXXXXXX(x=7 numbers)

full of hope
mailed to TSC 7/26/2007
check cashed 11/26/2007
Priority Date 7/27/2007
Notice date 11/27/2007
NOA Received 11/30/07