• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Who received the email from no-reply@state.gov ?

Have you received the no-reply@state.gov email?

• YES, I was a winner on 1st May

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • YES, I was NOT a winner on 1st May

Votes: 35 52.2%
  • NO, I was a winner on 1st May

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • NO, I was NOT a winner on 1st May

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
Not sure, that's what I want to find out;

In normal conditions it should have been 50% for the winners, and 50% for the losers, assuming that all everybody had the email entered correctly, etc..
Good point. It's so strange.

Why should it be 50-50? Winners are less so the percentage should be less than losers who received e-mails. Anyway I think that these statistics don't mean anything. You can't form an opinion for 20 mil. people according just to 30 people...

lol, so true, I keep saying that we can't bring conclusion for 14.7 millions based on a forum where lottery participants do not even reach 50 peoples
Why should it be 50-50? Winners are less so the percentage should be less than losers who received e-mails. Anyway I think that these statistics don't mean anything. You can't form an opinion for 20 mil. people according just to 30 people...

lol, so true, I keep saying that we can't bring conclusion for 14.7 millions based on a forum where lottery participants do not even reach 50 peoples

So what are you doing in this forum? Your questions are all over many threads trying to get a response from others just to get a trend or clue of what is going on...I know people here are very little in comparison to the 14 millions, but it is about getting a very extrapolated idea from those we know.... (the forum participants)...

I assumed that everybody was clear with this...and it seems you were not..

By the way, 51 participated in the poll....and 1,683 viewed this post...so I bet you there are more than those 50 you say that have applied the lottery...

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a big difference between asking some information about how the lottery works & saying that since 10 peoples did this, 14.7 millions of them would do the same... there is a big difference
So what are you doing in this forum? Your questions are all over many threads trying to get a response from others just to get a trend or clue of what is going on...I know people here are very little in comparison to the 14 millions, but it is about getting a very extrapolated idea from those we know.... (the forum participants)...

I assumed that everybody was clear with this...and it seems you were not..

there is a big difference between asking some information about how the lottery works & saying that since 10 peoples did this, 14.7 millions of them would do the same... there is a big difference

And where the HELL I am saying that? This post my friend is another way to ask information about the lottery, but using figures instead of text...

Have I said ANYWHERE IN THIS FORUM that these results are completely representative???? Can you please QUOTE THAT?

some peoples assumed that since a certain percentage of peoples here didn't recieve their email could mean that this & that is happening... read the actual post
And where the HELL I am saying that? This post my friend is another way to ask information about the lottery, but using figures instead of text...

Have I said ANYWHERE IN THIS FORUM that these results are completely representative???? Can you please QUOTE THAT?

some peoples assumed that since a certain percentage of peoples here didn't recieve their email could mean that this & that is happening... read the actual post

I still don't get your point...are you saying that POLLS are forbidden here just in case people assume wrong ideas? What is the difference between this POLL and opening the typical thread of "Please people, all who received an email, write your country, date, and this and that.." ??

I find it strange as to why DOS did not mention anything about the e-mail notification on their Website. Hmmmmm

I find it strange as to why DOS did not mention anything about the e-mail notification on their Website. Hmmmmm

What is strange too is that after almost a week, there are still many people in this forum that have not gotten the email yet..

You do not get what I mean... poll is good, what I said is that some peoples says that since a certain percentage of peoples in this forum didn't recieve the email, that mean this or that is happening... it's like taking a sample of 5 peoples & drawing a conclusions for 5 millions... I voted in that poll, but i won't say this or that based on less than 50 respondants...
I still don't get your point...are you saying that POLLS are forbidden here just in case people assume wrong ideas? What is the difference between this POLL and opening the typical thread of "Please people, all who received an email, write your country, date, and this and that.." ??

What is strange too is that after almost a week, there are still many people in this forum that have not gotten the email yet..

maybe they entered their email wrong... Me for instance, i do not know if i got it or not since my university email adress is not in use anymore

Yup, including some of the ex-winners. In addition, a Rep. from KCC said that she doesn't have any information on this and to keep checking the e-mail...Are they hiding something?

You do not get what I mean... poll is good, what I said is that some peoples says that since a certain percentage of peoples in this forum didn't recieve the email, that mean this or that is happening... it's like taking a sample of 5 peoples & drawing a conclusions for 5 millions... I voted in that poll, but i won't say this or that based on less than 50 respondants...

Less than 50... 51 participated in the poll....and 1,683 viewed this post...so I bet you there are more than those 50 you say that have applied the lottery...

maybe they entered their email wrong... Me for instance, i do not know if i got it or not since my university email adress is not in use anymore

The problem is that many of those are 100% sure they entered a correct email...those are the ones I'm talking about....

i didn't get the email...i think i've been disqualified,probably because of the picture (and of course i wasn't selected on may 1st)