• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Who received the email from no-reply@state.gov ?

Have you received the no-reply@state.gov email?

• YES, I was a winner on 1st May

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • YES, I was NOT a winner on 1st May

Votes: 35 52.2%
  • NO, I was a winner on 1st May

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • NO, I was NOT a winner on 1st May

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
Me: Applied Oct 19, Oceania, not selected, they sent the email Wed 5/18/2011 9:07 PM

Husband: Applied Oct 24, Oceania, selected, they sent the email Thu 5/19/2011 10:29 AM

Hey, I'm new to this forum.. have been playing for DV since late 90s but no luck so far...

- Date of application: 29th of October
- Number of applicants: 2, my wife, so double entry (both received the email)
- Derivatives: none
- Other: Origin country of application, Sri Lanka, living in Sri Lanka

- Date of Application : Don't remember and Don't care!!!
- Number of applicants: 1 (me).
- Derivatives : nil
- Region: Europe

I have helped my brother to apply to DV-2012, and we used my email address for his application as well. That's why I received 2 emails.First included my CN, and the second included my brother's CN.

Guys, let's try to get a better clue of what is going on with these emails. Let's get a mathematical counting with the poll plus a post of each one with the following information:

- Date of application
- Number of applicants
- Derivatives?

Any other information you may find interesting.

Thanks!

i received the email, but i was not a winner on 1st of may. hi buddy tell does receiving this email means my entry is valid for the draw .im fed up with dv im 10 years applying and nothing there is some people who applied just once and got it ,oooooooh bad luck

Date of application: October 26th, 2010
Number of applicants: 3
Derivatives: 1
Region: Europe

Was not a winner on May 1st,
entered six times since 2006,
received all 3 E-Mails on May 21st one by one, E-Mails dated May 19th

Date of application: October 26th, 2010
Number of applicants: 3
Derivatives: 1
Region: Europe

Was not a winner on May 1st,
entered six times since 2006,
received all 3 E-Mails on May 21st one by one, E-Mails dated May 19th

Since you received the e-mails at different times and the dates of the same are May 19th, rather than the 16th, could mean that they are sending them in batches.

noreply email address are used when the sender isn't going to respond to anything you send back. So if you were to hit the reply button the email would go to the .gov trash bin. Many companies create these to send emails to vast numbers of people they really don't want to talk to. It beats revealing a real email address. Welcome to the American way of doing things.

hope you're not participating the lottery...
noreply email address are used when the sender isn't going to respond to anything you send back. So if you were to hit the reply button the email would go to the .gov trash bin. Many companies create these to send emails to vast numbers of people they really don't want to talk to. It beats revealing a real email address. Welcome to the American way of doing things.

DV-2007: Not Selected
DV-2008: Not Selected
DV-2009: Not Selected
DV-2010: Not Selected
DV-2011: Not Selected
DV-2012: Hope to select

I received Email from DV Lottery , and I wasn't selected 1st May, where all of ma friends didn't get the email n didn't selected too heheehe..... What do you think they Send emails to some people? does that mean they already Choose the people they sent to email? hope so...hehehe.

So far the results are really interesting....57.78% were not winners on the 1st of May, while only 24.44% have been selected....

What do you think? these results are clearly showing that there is an intentional trend from state.gov when sending the emails...

So far the results are really interesting....57.78% were not winners on the 1st of May, while only 24.44% have been selected....

What do you think? these results are clearly showing that there is an intentional trend from state.gov when sending the emails...
Interesting indeed. What is the intentional trend?

Interesting indeed. What is the intentional trend?

Not sure, that's what I want to find out;

In normal conditions it should have been 50% for the winners, and 50% for the losers, assuming that all everybody had the email entered correctly, etc..