What was wrong?

Thank you. I just wanted this confirm since the lawyer claimed otherwise. My comprehension is good after all.

Do you think that my case will be on record or will it be treated asthough it never filed. In a nutshell, having a receipt no means that it will continue after document is resubmitted?

More importantly, will the new fees be applicable? :confused:

Thanks in advance for getting to the point unlike other members that clearly have alot of time on their hands.:p :p
:

Do you think that my case will be on record or will it be treated asthough it never filed. In a nutshell, having a receipt no means that it will continue after document is resubmitted?

If the case was denied, it will be on record - but it won't be automatically restarted.

More importantly, will the new fees be applicable?

Of course.

Thanks in advance for getting to the point unlike other members that clearly have alot of time on their hands.

You really should redirect this to your attorney.

If the case was denied, it will be on record - but it won't be automatically restarted.

Of course.

Thank you very very much. I now met with my lawyer at my house and everything were clarified. She did not neglect anything, sthg went wrong with the postage and she did not request any money from me. She said that she will send it out as soon as possible.

so, you still have certainty and peace of mind using your lawyer, right?

There had to be some kind of reason for your petition's denial listed.

we don't really know what went wrong in your case.

Just so that u know the lawyer was competent and their was a postage issue that will be rectified. Now if i had done this for myself I would had have to pay these fees as oppose to the lawyer that i entrust. Case and point?

Ely is getting rammed...

:eek:

Of course.

realc,

Our OP is feeling generous to the lawyer, because any lawyer who claims to be competent in immigration law, should have filed I-130, which is the basis for I-485. According to the OP, it seems as if USCIS rejected this because there is basis for its acceptance within the USCIS system.:rolleyes:

I am astounded that the OP paid his lawyer for a service which was botched and totally useless and thereby, costing him additional money in new filing fees. I suspect that the lawyer is in some form of a scheme to rip him off slowly, and not delivering as promised...:(

Since the OP is concerned about the English law... his lawyer is also concerned about getting the English pound from the OP. So, their goals are mutual... I don't get my head too deep in understanding the immigration process, because I have enough sterling to pay you. ;) The lawyer is of the view, well since he doesn't understand anything and have no interest in understanding this... I am free to screw him the American way. As long as he doesn't understand the immigration process... then I can create all this fees and incorrect filling so that I can act as if I am working... and bill him for more money...:rolleyes:

So... his pound has the purchasing power and muscles over the $... and the lawyer knows this... :) In few months, he's going to come back and post that the lawyer is billing him to explain NOA to him... which is in the pipeline... and ink replacement for writing letters to USCIS. My favorite, phone call charges when he calls her office to inquire about status of his case.. . which will be about $50... or more...;) A match made in disaster and ignorant land...

:eek:

realc,

Our OP is feeling generous to the lawyer, because any lawyer who claims to be competent in immigration law, should have filed I-130, which is the basis for I-485. According to the OP, it seems as if USCIS rejected this because there is basis for its acceptance within the USCIS system.:rolleyes:

I am astounded that the OP paid his lawyer for a service which was botched and totally useless and thereby, costing him additional money in new filing fees. I suspect that the lawyer is in some form of a scheme to rip him off slowly, and not delivering as promised...:(

Since the OP is concerned about the English law... his lawyer is also concerned about getting the English pound from the OP. So, their goals are mutual... I don't get my head too deep in understanding the immigration process, because I have enough sterling to pay you. ;) The lawyer is of the view, well since he doesn't understand anything and have no interest in understanding this... I am free to screw him the American way. As long as he doesn't understand the immigration process... then I can create all this fees and incorrect filling so that I can act as if I am working... and bill him for more money...:rolleyes:

So... his pound has the purchasing power and muscles over the $... and the lawyer knows this... :) In few months, he's going to come back and post that the lawyer is billing him to explain NOA to him... which is in the pipeline... and ink replacement for writing letters to USCIS. My favorite, phone call charges when he calls her office to inquire about status of his case.. . which will be about $50... or more...;) A match made in disaster and ignorant land...

Firstly, get the facts b4 talking rubbish. I did not pay any extra money besides the 600 for services and to be honest this was reasonable considering the amt other persons claimed they paid.

Secodly, I am aware of the american law i am just busy doing my studies. Also, lawyer happen to be a cousin of my husband so if she rob me, it stays in family.

Pardon? Why wasn't the I-130 and I-485 submitted together?

THEY WERE SENT TOGETHER. USCIS did not receive for some reason due to some postal error. As long as I have no new fees to pay, i am perfect and could afford to listen to all the shit here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused. If there was a postage issue and they were sent together, then none would have been received. Something doesn't sound right here.

Let us assume lawyer is lying. She has to pay the fees and not me because she came to house today and collected everything ad gave me copies of all my documents.

The mistake or incompetence is already history, I was just concern that I dont pay for mistake/ incompetence.

lawyers sometimes have a habit of billing you later, but since she is a cousin, I guess she won't... we don't even know whether she is an immigration lawyer. Seems to me - she isn't.

The mistake or incompetence is already history, I was just concern that I dont pay for mistake/ incompetence.
oh, but you are paying for incompetence - yours and your lawyer's. Maybe, not with money, but with a huge amount of stress, nerves and nail-biting. And all because you are too busy to read about 20 (at the most) pages of text (instructions to the forms). Good luck to you anyway. It's good when people learn from their mistakes, but some are too stubborn to do so.

So if I read it correctly, the postage was only sufficient to deliver part of the package, so Fedex must have been so courteous to rip it open for you, take out the I-130, and deliver only the rest which was covered by the postage. Or something like that.

Apologize in advance for the head trip. ;)

Seriously, who do you want to work with in resolving your situation, the people who are trying hard to give you free advice or the lawyer who tells you all forms were concurrently filed but due to a postage issue a part of the package didn't arrive. :rolleyes:

EULY29.. cut the crap..

:( Austriacus...

I second your posting... I think the OP's case is "fish and chips".. too oily to understand and grab hold of it ....:rolleyes:

I suspect tha USPS got hold of his perfectly prepared forms, ripped it open and only stole the I-130, because that's why his I-485 was rejected... So, in addition to Fedex attempt's to complicate his immigration process, USPS is in cahoots with Fedex.... ;)

If the lawyer is in the family... she will have more vested interest in filling correct forms and correct fees, plus use the real USPS, send it it certified and registered mail. :mad: Unless of course, USPS now requires mailing of the I-130 and I-485 separately... which the OP learned the hard way....:D

Euly29... prepare to pay for new filing fees... USCIS doesn't care about what the post office did or didn't do... they care about getting that Almighty dollar... :eek: In short, cut the crap and learn about the process, have a basic information and stop posting here, if you aren't willing to take wise and proven counsel from people who have spent time reading and learning about the immigration system. Look at the posting my Lucy or RealC... been on these boards for a long time, because they have taken the time to understand the process to be of help to people... unless you are here to whine and complain about your in-house lawyer...:confused:

I second your posting... I think the OP's case is "fish and chips".. too oily to understand and grab hold of it ....:rolleyes:

I suspect tha USPS got hold of his perfectly prepared forms, ripped it open and only stole the I-130, because that's why his I-485 was rejected... So, in addition to Fedex attempt's to complicate his immigration process, USPS is in cahoots with Fedex.... ;)

If the lawyer is in the family... she will have more vested interest in filling correct forms and correct fees, plus use the real USPS, send it it certified and registered mail. :mad: Unless of course, USPS now requires mailing of the I-130 and I-485 separately... which the OP learned the hard way....:D

Euly29... prepare to pay for new filing fees... USCIS doesn't care about what the post office did or didn't do... they care about getting that Almighty dollar... :eek: In short, cut the crap and learn about the process, have a basic information and stop posting here, if you aren't willing to take wise and proven counsel from people who have spent time reading and learning about the immigration system. Look at the posting my Lucy or RealC... been on these boards for a long time, because they have taken the time to understand the process to be of help to people... unless you are here to whine and complain about your in-house lawyer...:confused:

U ALL DONT WORK N DEFINITELY HAVE TOO MUCH TIME. kISS MY U NO WAT. AND BY THE WAY I AM NOT PAYING NEW FEES. U DONT NO MY SITUATION BUT ONLY WHAT I TOLD U. SUPPOSE U DONT HAVEE THE WHOLE STORY IDIOT.

Last edited by a moderator:
lawyers sometimes have a habit of billing you later, but since she is a cousin, I guess she won't... we don't even know whether she is an immigration lawyer. Seems to me - she isn't.

oh, but you are paying for incompetence - yours and your lawyer's. Maybe, not with money, but with a huge amount of stress, nerves and nail-biting. And all because you are too busy to read about 20 (at the most) pages of text (instructions to the forms). Good luck to you anyway. It's good when people learn from their mistakes, but some are too stubborn to do so.

I Guess everything went smooth at all times in ur live miss perfect. I hope you chose the right spouse that makes no mistakes n u get the perfect kids that do d same.

A simple thing like this you all are taking it n put so much energy. Definitely dont have this time. I come here for relief of stress n I get it bcus you all are funny.:) :) :D :D

I lOVE CRAP THAT IS Y I REPLY, IT IS AMUSING TO ME.:) :) :rolleyes:

r u trying to take away by break during the day of amusement. YOU ALL R SERIOUSLY FUNNY.