What does "recommended for approval" mean?

GKER

Registered Users (C)
I recently had my interview and was told that I passed it. However on the N-652 form it says Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval

I really do not know how to interpret that. Have I passed the interview or not?

I recently had my interview and was told that I passed it. However on the N-652 form it says Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval

I really do not know how to interpret that. Have I passed the interview or not?

That is the best result you can get short of being handed an Oath Ceremony Appointment Notice or being sworn in on the spot.

That is the best result you can get short of being handed an Oath Ceremony Appointment Notice or being sworn in on the spot.

Okay, but what is the "recommended" part all about? It implies that there will be someone in a higher positon that will have to approve the application, or am I wrong?

Okay, but what is the "recommended" part all about? It implies that there will be someone in a higher positon that will have to approve the application, or am I wrong?

It means that everything looks good with your application and interview, but that a final review by an IO is required.

Technically, it means that the adjudication decision is "approval" BUT the process is not complete until your are administered the Oath.

At this stage, IF a further review were required, the notice should say that a decision cannot be made at this time.

As it stands, legally, if the decision is challenged by another officer, a Motion must be filed by said officer to reopen the case. [Tiny minor clerical or other processing errors can be detected and corrected without the formality of as Motion.]

Technically, it means that the adjudication decision is "approval" BUT the process is not complete until your are administered the Oath.

At this stage, IF a further review were required, the notice should say that a decision cannot be made at this time.

As it stands, legally, if the decision is challenged by another officer, a Motion must be filed by said officer to reopen the case. [Tiny minor clerical or other processing errors can be detected and corrected without the formality of as Motion.]

Thanks for the reply! Guess the only thing is to wait for the Oath ceremony.

Thanks for the reply! Guess the only thing is to wait for the Oath ceremony.

You would see 2 status changes 1) In Q 4 Oath scheduling 2) Schedule for Oath and letter is mailed.

Not sure about once Oath is over.