Waiting Asylum decision

After 3 years my status has updated to "we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice." what does it mean?
It definitely means your case has been approved. I had the same when I got my approval. Have you noticed something unusual with your EAD clock? Was it stuck in some moment? Was it returned back?

It definitely means your case has been approved. I had the same when I got my approval. Have you noticed something unusual with your EAD clock? Was it stuck in some moment? Was it returned back?
Can you share your own timeline?
When applied? When approved? which office?

Hi guys,

Please help me with the following:

1. My EAD clock stated in the refferal notice is 97 days, but the website shown 104 days. Which one will should be use for the 150 days EAD clock calculation?

2. Is there any factor that can affect EAD application result, aside from pending days eligibility? Isn't it by right/default, given to the asylum seeker after 180 days?

3. Does anyone have experience with EAD application result more then 30 days?

4. For SSN application, should we bring EAD only or all documents that has been submitted to the USCIS/Court? How many days until the card received since the application?

Thanks for you help guys. Cheers.

Applied : 31 Oct 2019
Biometric : 18 Nov 2019
Interview : 29 Jan 2020
Reff. Notice : 13 Feb 2020 :(
NTA : 26 Mar 2020 (Master Hearing?)
Office : LA / Tustin

Hi my clock is stopped for 2 weeks now and it says on the status its still running, what does that mean.it stopped after we submitted rebutal.

Thanks, I hope so. I'll update you all about what will come in the mail. now it has changed to this

"We reached a decision in your case. You should expect to receive the decision in the mail shortly. You must follow the instructions in your decision letter as to what you should do next.

You must have an application pending for at least 150 days before you can apply for a work permit, which is called an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). The number of days your case is pending is determined by the EAD Clock. The EAD Clock is calculated based on the total time your case has been pending for adjudication, which can be with USCIS, the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), or both. The EAD Clock does not include delays you caused or requested in the processing of your case before either USCIS or EOIR, which stop the EAD clock.Your case has been pending with USCIS for 1499 days, not including delays, and the USCIS portion of the EAD Clock is currently stopped. If your case is no longer pending with USCIS, the time noted here may not be complete. For more information, please see the USCIS website. "

Thanks, I hope so. I'll update you all about what will come in the mail. now it has changed to this

"We reached a decision in your case. You should expect to receive the decision in the mail shortly. You must follow the instructions in your decision letter as to what you should do next.

You must have an application pending for at least 150 days before you can apply for a work permit, which is called an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). The number of days your case is pending is determined by the EAD Clock. The EAD Clock is calculated based on the total time your case has been pending for adjudication, which can be with USCIS, the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), or both. The EAD Clock does not include delays you caused or requested in the processing of your case before either USCIS or EOIR, which stop the EAD clock.Your case has been pending with USCIS for 1499 days, not including delays, and the USCIS portion of the EAD Clock is currently stopped. If your case is no longer pending with USCIS, the time noted here may not be complete. For more information, please see the USCIS website. "
it is a definite approval.
Where was your office?

Congratulations!
Did you follow up on your case when it was pending?
The reason I am asking is my case is also pending for about 13 months after the interview and once I inquired they said in the background check.

Hi guys,

Please help me with the following:

1. My EAD clock stated in the refferal notice is 97 days, but the website shown 104 days. Which one will should be use for the 150 days EAD clock calculation?

2. Is there any factor that can affect EAD application result, aside from pending days eligibility? Isn't it by right/default, given to the asylum seeker after 180 days?

4. For SSN application, should we bring EAD only or all documents that has been submitted to the USCIS/Court? How many days until the card received since the application?

Thanks for you help guys. Cheers.

Applied : 31 Oct 2019
Biometric : 18 Nov 2019
Interview : 29 Jan 2020
Reff. Notice : 13 Feb 2020 :(
NTA : 26 Mar 2020 (Master Hearing?)
Office : LA / Tustin

Can you tell me when exactly your status began to change from scheduled for interview to another status ?

Congratulations!
Did you follow up on your case when it was pending?
The reason I am asking is my case is also pending for about 13 months after the interview and once I inquired they said in the background check.
How did u make the inquiry? Was it a physical visit or phone call?

If you clock is still running you need to use it from website.

No. It can be denied. For example, if person commit some crimes.

It used to happens but now it should be not more then 30 days: "a federal district court judge sitting in Seattle found USCIS's delay unreasonable and ordered the agency to adjudicate asylum seekers' initial employment authorization applications within 30 days of filing."
You can search for "Rosario Class Action" on USCIS website.

You can now apply for SSN on the same application with EAD:
USCIS said:
If USCIS approves your application, you will receive two documents – your Employment Authorization Document (EAD), also known as the “USCIS I-766 card” or “work permit”, and in another envelope your SSN card. We will mail your SSN card to the address you listed on your I-765 application. You should receive your SSN card no later than 7 business days after you receive your EAD from USCIS.

Good luck to you.

Hi everyone,
I’ve a question and maybe you know about it: I applied for EAD C8. I received my receipt number and while I’m checking it online it says: “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken” do you know what it means?

If you clock is still running you need to use it from website.

No. It can be denied. For example, if person commit some crimes.

It used to happens but now it should be not more then 30 days: "a federal district court judge sitting in Seattle found USCIS's delay unreasonable and ordered the agency to adjudicate asylum seekers' initial employment authorization applications within 30 days of filing."
You can search for "Rosario Class Action" on USCIS website.

You can now apply for SSN on the same application with EAD:

Good luck to you.

Hi there,

Thanks for your response. Currently my case is referred to the Imigration Court, with notice to appear (NTA) on 26 March 2020.

Q: Is the EAD clock still running while waiting, or is it currently stopped and will be resumed after appearing in court (since the process is not in USCIS anymore). Or can we assume the process in court is the same with the process in the EOIR, so its still running? I'm just worried if the EAD clock is paused or even reset again since its out of USCIS process now. Thanks.

" You must have an application pending for at least 150 days before you can apply for a work permit, which is called an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). The number of days your case is pending is determined by the EAD Clock. The EAD Clock is calculated based on the total time your case has been pending for adjudication, which can be with USCIS, the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), or both. ,,, ."

After the interview did you check the website ? Did your status change immediately?

Hi Maryam,

After the interview, the status in the website is not directly updated. It is changed, to interview is completed, after the result is picked-up from the USCIS office. The website update kinda lagging I guess. Good luck to you :)

Hi there,

Thanks for your response. Currently my case is referred to the Imigration Court, with notice to appear (NTA) on 26 March 2020.

Q: Is the EAD clock still running while waiting, or is it currently stopped and will be resumed after appearing in court (since the process is not in USCIS anymore). Or can we assume the process in court is the same with the process in the EOIR, so its still running? I'm just worried if the EAD clock is paused or even reset again since its out of USCIS process now. Thanks.

" You must have an application pending for at least 150 days before you can apply for a work permit, which is called an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). The number of days your case is pending is determined by the EAD Clock. The EAD Clock is calculated based on the total time your case has been pending for adjudication, which can be with USCIS, the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), or both. ,,, ."
Where to check correct days for clock?

Hi there,

The clock doesn't stop because you got a Notice to Appear. Good luck.

The correct place with real days of case is the phone line from EOIR. This is esp. true when your case is referred to court. Good luck
If your case didint refered to court how can you check real days. When i call phone line it says your alien number didint match any case. So my clock stopped last 3 weeks and still decision pending and no letter from them. Its been excatly two month after interview