Waiting Asylum decision

If your case didint refered to court how can you check real days. When i call phone line it says your alien number didint match any case. So my clock stopped last 3 weeks and still decision pending and no letter from them. Its been excatly two month after interview
Can you share your timeline and office please?
How long did it take to receive the biometric notice?

first apply -august 2019
biometric- october 2019
interrview- second week of december 2019
office-Houston
clock stopped 3 weeks ago 148. day
no letter yet i called court line if its referred but my number didint match any court case. So my case still pending

first apply -august 2019
biometric- october 2019
interrview- second week of december 2019
office-Houston
clock stopped 3 weeks ago 148. day
no letter yet i called court line if its referred but my number didint match any court case. So my case still pending
I don't think you were referred to the court. It's just a nasty game that the USCIS has started to play. Stopping the clocks before reaching 150 days so that people can't apply for EADs.

Which office?
When exactly did you get the biometric notice?
I've been waiting for over 6 weeks with no notice yet.

I don't think you were referred to the court. It's just a nasty game that the USCIS has started to play. Stopping the clocks before reaching 150 days so that people can't apply for EADs.

Which office?
When exactly did you get the biometric notice?
I've been waiting for over 6 weeks with no notice yet.
Houston Office
Middle of the october i got biometric
So you mean they are especially stopped my clock in 148. day ? so what does that mean ? mean i cant apply work card ? have you ever see like this case?

Houston Office
So you mean they are especially stopped my clock in 148. day ? so what does that mean ? mean i cant apply work card ? have you ever see like this case?
You are eligible to apply for EAD after 150 days has passed not before and they won't give you an EAD anytime before 180 days. So, you can't apply right now.

I have seen multiple cases that clocks have stopped close to 150 days

You are eligible to apply for EAD after 150 days has passed not before and they won't give you an EAD anytime before 180 days. So, you can't apply right now.

I have seen multiple cases that clocks have stopped close to 150 days
But if i count since augst to now i already passed 180 days but online showing me 148. day. Its not fair
So those cases which is stopped before 150 they got approve ?

But if i count since augst to now i already passed 180 days but online showing me 148. day. Its not fair
I don't know what happened to them. I don't personally know them. I've been on this forum for 7 months and I have seen multiple people with the same situation here.

Please note that majority applicants don't even do the online check, they make the EAD application 150 days from their own count. I would recommend that u ignore the online numbers

The EAD is free. Applying for it 10 times and getting denied doesn't change your fate, nor does it diminish your asylum approval chances. As shared above, submit the EAD application, don't wait for the clock to tell you what you already know: it's more than 150 days since you submitted your case.

+while the theory that USCIS is specifically stopping clocks just before 150 days sounds exciting, the real reason could be just a system error, or changes to the case within their system, now that the person is eligible for an EAD.

I don't think USCIS deliberately stops clock.I filed on Dec when it was 155 days. I got approved for my EAD early January when the timeline hit exactly 180 days. Me and my wife both got approved on the same day and a week later EADs and SSNs have arrived.
Stopping non frivolous cases deliberately to hinder their abilities to get EAD would be unlawful in any case

Last edited:
I don't think USCIS deliberately stops clock.I filed on Dec when it was 155 days. I got approved for my EAD early January when the timeline hit exactly 180 days. Me and my wife both got approved on the same day and a week later EADs and SSNs have arrived.
Stopping non frivolous cases deliberately to hinder their abilities to get EAD would be unlawful in any case
Can you share your asylum timeline?

Houston Office
Actually I think your background check had been successfully finished when your clock stopped. So you are approved and you should just wait for good news for you. If you were not approved and referred to court, the clock would be currently running.

Last edited:
July 2019 - filed for asylum
July 2019 - Biometrics
Dec 2019 - filed for EAD
Jan 2020 - I-765 for Asylum EAD
Jan 2020 - I-765 for OPT denied

Los Angeles Asylum office
Did they deny your OPT because you already had an EAD from asylum?

Last edited:
Did they deny your OPT because you already had an EAD from asylum?
Have you inquired about not being interviewed yet?
No, that could not be the reason per se. You are allowed to hold 2 different EADs.
The reason was my pending criminal charges from my home country(the same reason for an asylum) and that is why the OPT approval became discretionary for the USCIS and they simply denied.
Yes my lawyer did and they responded that they failed to schedule during 45 days but all is well and my case is waiting for an Interview

Actually I think your background check had been successfully finished when your clock stopped. So you are approved and you should just wait for good news for you. If you were not approved and referred to court, the clock would be currently running.
Can you share your timeline? office?

Hi everyone,
I’ve a question and maybe you know about it: I applied for EAD C8. I received my receipt number and while I’m checking it online it says: “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken” do you know what it means?
It’s pretty standard now. It’s just normal process of obtaining EAD.

1. Affirmative Asylum - When you apply after 1 year deadline, officers don't tend to accept the facts/reasons for late application submission. In fact, officers use failure to submit the application as an excuse not to review the application: instead of the review, they automatically refer the case to immigration court. Even if you have compelling reasons, officers seem to always refer cases to immigration court for all applications filed after the one year deadline.
2. Immigration Court - Filling after one year deadline doesn't matter.

So, I don't they asylum officer will spend time reviewing or accepting them. He will probably be referred to court.

Hi-

I'd like to use my personal anecdote to show there's hope yet.

I filed affirmative Jan last year, 3 years after being out of legal status and 11 years after first arriving in the US.
I claimed the "change circumstances" exception; however I filed maybe 13 months after circumstances changed (so, a little over a year).
My case went through the Boston office.

I had no expectations of a positive outcome- I figured my best case scenario would be a court referral and ultimately withholding of removal- but it was better than being in limbo and unable to work so I went for it.
Imagine my surprise when in November- 11 months after filing, and 10 months after interviewing- I got a recommendation for approval notice! Final approval came within 2 weeks.

My timeline:
Jan 9 2019- Applied for Affirmative Asylum
Feb 5 2019- Interview
June 2019- Applied for EAD
July 2019- Received EAD (less than 1 month after!)
November 2019- Recommended Approval
Dec 2019- Approved

I was pleasantly surprised with how fast the processing was throughout my process. I expected the worst but got the opposite.
All in all, anything is possible!