Waiting Asylum decision

I applied still in 2017...due to some immigration mistake, my process stopped because of an undelivered correspondence. I got the rok permit and as chilling. In November I asked about my process and they told me about the problem so it started again, I took fingerprints and in December I had the interview, in Tustin. everything went very smoothly ... the facilities and the staff were very kind ... immigration officer extremely kind and patient. No complaints, just with this delay but, so far, pretty reasonable.

Since you applied in 2017 you need to wait because the system now is last in first out so they are processing 2020-2019 cases and making decision on those

I applied still in 2017...due to some immigration mistake, my process stopped because of an undelivered correspondence. I got the rok permit and as chilling. In November I asked about my process and they told me about the problem so it started again, I took fingerprints and in December I had the interview, in Tustin. everything went very smoothly ... the facilities and the staff were very kind ... immigration officer extremely kind and patient. No complaints, just with this delay but, so far, pretty reasonable.
Do you think this nice officer had read your asylum statement in advance or just a cursory look? To what extent was the officer familiar with your case?

Since you applied in 2017 you need to wait because the system now is last in first out so they are processing 2020-2019 cases and making decision on those
LIFO system works for interview appointments but there no information that it applies to decision process.

Sometimes clock stopping means that decision was mailed, but since you haven't received any mail for two weeks, it cannot be that. I believe there was another person here with the same issue. @KeneGod

Could you share when you applied? When you did biometric? Which office?
Mine is different dear. My clock is running but they see it as being stopped. Reason why they kept denying my EAD application saying my clock is less than 150 days. It's not about decision cos I have a court date . Have written to them though. Waiting for response

Hi I received NOID and we send a rebuttal but its been three weeks and we have not received any response. I know it will take some time but my question is regarding the ead clock. My ead clock is stopped(days) for last one week but it says ead clock is still running. When i call 800 number the clock is stopped too but its one day ahead of online. Does anybody know what it could mean?

Hi I received NOID and we send a rebuttal but its been three weeks and we have not received any response. I know it will take some time but my question is regarding the ead clock. My ead clock is stopped(days) for last one week but it says ead clock is still running. When i call 800 number the clock is stopped too but its one day ahead of online. Does anybody know what it could mean?
I don't know what it means to be honest
Could you tell us when you applied? Which office? When was the interview?

Last edited:
Which office did you apply? Your timeline?

The whole point of LIFO is to eliminate people who are abusing the backlog that’s why decisions for people applied latter will be first out
You can see this topic and see that people who applied years ago sometimes get their decisions today.
Also USCIS is clear that this rules only for interview.