Waiting Asylum decision

case status

I went to USCIS Office to check my case status. It was through Info pass. The immigration officer checked my case and told me that my case is still in Asylum office and not referred to the immigration judge. I filled my application in April 2011 and its almost 1 year now. I do not know how long I have to wait for the decision. Buy the way my husband got a job with state govt. which helps us meet both ends. God bless good people.

Applied April 2011
Interview May 2011
EAD October 2011
Inquiry sent October 2011 (never heard anything)
Info Pass appointment March 2012

Hi Everybody,
I have seeked for help and information in everywhere but did not get a proper response from anyone. I have filed derivative asylum on November 2011 and it's been already 5 month I have not got any decision beside the biometric which I did on Jan 2012. USCIS estimate is 5 month when I called the customer service they say they are still looking over the cases received on OCT 16 2011. I checked the calender Oct 16 was sunday.
I have scheduled an INFOPASS appointment this coming Monday I am not so positive just giving a shot. What do you guys suggest what I should do Please any suggestion will be respected.

Still waiting!!!!!!!!!

its 5 months since my interview and haven't even heard anything. I was wondering if there is an alternative to written status inquiries? I don't think sending inquiry letters will do anything to the process. what do you guys think?

kkwest and karri2008, Last time i checked you guys were waiting too. But its been a while haven't seen you guys in this forum. Does it mean you guys got approval or you just gave up? If you are still around lets support each other because it is really frustrating to be in limbo for unknown amount of time.

Also if there is anybody else who is waiting out there like me, please share you experience. thank you :)

its 5 months since my interview and haven't even heard anything. I was wondering if there is an alternative to written status inquiries? I don't think sending inquiry letters will do anything to the process. what do you guys think?

kkwest and karri2008, Last time i checked you guys were waiting too. But its been a while haven't seen you guys in this forum. Does it mean you guys got approval or you just gave up? If you are still around lets support each other because it is really frustrating to be in limbo for unknown amount of time.

Also if there is anybody else who is waiting out there like me, please share you experience. thank you :)

Hey there! I am still around bud, will let you know when I get any news. for the moment, just wait and wait and wait!
Uncertainty is killing me. Not knowing what to expect or even when makes it even harder. But, oh well! that moment will arrive one day and I assure you that I will post here and let you know! good luck to you.

Hey there! I am still around bud, will let you know when I get any news. for the moment, just wait and wait and wait!
Uncertainty is killing me. Not knowing what to expect or even when makes it even harder. But, oh well! that moment will arrive one day and I assure you that I will post here and let you know! good luck to you.

It is is terrible waiting, your filing date is way before me. So have you discussed with your attorney to write them lately or have you walked-in to your asylum office? I discussed with mine he said lets wait a little more and wasn't optimistic in writing to them about the status yet.
I don't know what else can we do, my frustration level has hit the ceiling.
So my EAD (OPT) is still valid for couple more months and yet I haven't applied for EAD (C08) thru pending asylum. What do you suggest? Should I wait until OPT goes out and then file for EAD C08 or apply for it now?

Hi guys,

My case has been pending since 1.5 year. Today I just got fingerprint notice again. It says, it is about for my asylum case. I have already given my biometrics and fingerprints before my interview 1.5 year ago. After 1.5 year, I am getting fingerprint notice again about my case. Do you have any experience like that? What could it be about?

Thank you.

Hi guys,

My case has been pending since 1.5 year. Today I just got fingerprint notice again. It says, it is about for my asylum case. I have already given my biometrics and fingerprints before my interview 1.5 year ago. After 1.5 year, I am getting fingerprint notice again about my case. Do you have any experience like that? What could it be about?

Thank you.

As I learned from this forum, your finger prints are valid for a year and a half only. If the reason other than that I hope it is going to be the acceptance of your case. one and a half year, wow, I hope it doesn't take that long for me. Good luck to you.

As I learned from this forum, your finger prints are valid for a year and a half only. If the reason other than that I hope it is going to be the acceptance of your case. one and a half year, wow, I hope it doesn't take that long for me. Good luck to you.
Thank you. Good luck to you as well.

Hi guys,

Thank you.

If the fingerprint notice is related to your I-589 case, then this means that your case is ready for a final approval. Congratulations

If the fingerprint notice is related to your I-589 case, then this means that your case is ready for a final approval. Congratulations
Yes assylum, it is related to my I-589 case. I hope so. I can't wait especially after 1.5 years. Thank you very much.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Guys!Yesterday i picked up my decision and I was informed that my application for asylum was granted!So happy! It took me 2 month. Everything was done by my own. I applied for asylum after 3 years being in US due to the change circumstances that arose in the country I am from.

asylum

Hi guys.... I have been following this forum since October... I read all your posts and they encouraged me during a very tough time... I know each and every single one of you as well as the story that relates to your asylum cases in the US.
I am that silent beneficiary and I am truly grateful for each and every single one of you.....

Basing on your stories I know I am truly blessed to have received my decision so soon.... My desire was to apply for graduate school and God made this possible just before my college deadlines...

But I write this day to encourage somebody... just as i was inspired by your stories...
My prayer is that you stay strong.... Pray BOLDY... The God we serve is faithful and all sufficient... He has not forgotten you.

As a silent member... I will continue to check on you guys.... and pray for you without ceasing.... that in God's perfect time.... He will grant you the desires of your heart.

PS. I am sorry I took long to send this message... I tried to register but kept on getting problems.... up until lately.... but then again.... God's timing is perfect... in every situation.....

MAY HIS GRACE ABOUND AND HIS FAVOUR OVER TAKE YOU.... in Jesus' Name.....:):)

September 5th 2011 - Submitted I 589
September 26th 2011 - Received I 589 Receipt Notice
October 1st 2011 - Received Notice for Biometrics
October 3rd 2011 - Biometrics done
October 26th 2011 - Interview done at arlington, VA
November 28th 2011 - Asylum approval
December 1st 2011 - Social security card received

Hi
Thanks for this post am i really appreciate that , it really keeps giving me courage and all my Trust in GOD for this asylum and i am positive on it.I will have my asylum interview in 2 weeks from now, Pls pray that the Lord keeps me being positive now, during and after my asylum.MAY ALL THE GLORY BE TO HIM...:D:D:D:D:D

Help Please

Hi guys Assylum and others, I applied EAD C08 and Uscis send me a new A05(valid for 2yrs) i then called uscis they asked me to call assylum office for i94 package.
i then called the office and i was transferred to the lady who deals with EADS, she said it might be an error because no decision s made yet on my case and it's still under review.she added you have to wait for your decision but you can keep the card hence you got it already.i was a minor when applying and its 6months now after interview no decision but EAD category A05 given(valid 2yrs).what do you guys think about this?secondly, Social security office is saying that i am an asylee due to the category on my EAD so they asked me to bring my i94 for unrestricted card because i got a card when i was on my F1.

Hi guys Assylum and others, I applied EAD C08 and Uscis send me a new A05(valid for 2yrs) i then called uscis they asked me to call assylum office for i94 package.
i then called the office and i was transferred to the lady who deals with EADS, she said it might be an error because no decision s made yet on my case and it's still under review.she added you have to wait for your decision but you can keep the card hence you got it already.i was a minor when applying and its 6months now after interview no decision but EAD category A05 given(valid 2yrs).what do you guys think about this?secondly, Social security office is saying that i am an asylee due to the category on my EAD so they asked me to bring my i94 for unrestricted card because i got a card when i was on my F1.

Recieving the EAD with A05 category is a real good news for you, you just need to find out about your I-94, probably you will have to go to the AO where you applied and find out.

EAD renewal

To the old folks and these who waited for asylum decision forever and had to renew their EAD card, it is going to be time for me to renew my EAD soon, my question is how much does it cost to renew the EAC under A08 category? and what is the best time for the renewal application? can you file the application like 3 months before tha expiration? and how long does it usually take to get the EAD?
if anyone could answer I would appreciate it.

To the old folks and these who waited for asylum decision forever and had to renew their EAD card, it is going to be time for me to renew my EAD soon, my question is how much does it cost to renew the EAC under A08 category? and what is the best time for the renewal application? can you file the application like 3 months before tha expiration? and how long does it usually take to get the EAD?
if anyone could answer I would appreciate it.

Hey Karri2008, you are still around and I see that you are still waiting for a decision. You have been waiting for a long time now. So have you got any update that why you still have to wait for an initial decision?
I believe that for pending asylum the EAD category is C08 and for the initial application it is free and the consequent EADs it will be $380. and if you are living in the west coast it only takes max of 6 weeks to get your EAD renewed. So you might apply about a month and half prior to your EAD expiration.

Wishing you all the best with your application. Are you still in status though?

Hey Karri2008, you are still around and I see that you are still waiting for a decision. You have been waiting for a long time now. So have you got any update that why you still have to wait for an initial decision?
I believe that for pending asylum the EAD category is C08 and for the initial application it is free and the consequent EADs it will be $380. and if you are living in the west coast it only takes max of 6 weeks to get your EAD renewed. So you might apply about a month and half prior to your EAD expiration.

Wishing you all the best with your application. Are you still in status though?

Hey there, thanks for the prompt answer, yes the waiting is just a form of tuture to me! I never thought I will wait that long and not to mention that what if it is a denial. I have tried to send mails to inquire about my application but I get allways the same answer, my case is under review and no final decission has been made. God knows when they will make that decission and relief me of such infinite waiting. And yes I am in status, so maybe this explain the delay.
have you had any decision on yours? how long has it been since your interview?
Dude!!! 380 to renew the EAD! that is alot!!!!!!!

Hey there, thanks for the prompt answer, yes the waiting is just a form of tuture to me! I never thought I will wait that long and not to mention that what if it is a denial. I have tried to send mails to inquire about my application but I get allways the same answer, my case is under review and no final decission has been made. God knows when they will make that decission and relief me of such infinite waiting. And yes I am in status, so maybe this explain the delay.
have you had any decision on yours? how long has it been since your interview?
Dude!!! 380 to renew the EAD! that is alot!!!!!!!

1 Year 3 Months still waiting… Reapplied for EAD last week. Don’t know how long I have to wait for the decision. Does anybody have any update on their case.

Renew EAD

Today I checked my status online. They mailed my renewal Card. It took only 2 weeks for them to send my renewal card. Pretty fast.