Waiting Asylum decision

Thanks Register for the adivce! I just applied for status update to my email! it is more convinient though. Thanks for the answer about the EAD! another question if u have any idea or anybody on this forum: after I Reicieve this EAD what if they approve my case, as I understand they send you another EAD? if so, what to do with the EAD you already have?
Thanks Register, and good luck to you too.

Hello Karri2008, to my understanding, you would be issued a new EAD which is valid for 2 years as contrary to the EAD C08. This EAD also contains a fingerprint which is absent on the EAD C08. But I think it would be different with your situation. You would have your asylum granted before the EAD comes out such that, you would be issued a new I 94 and an EAD valid for 2 years shortly after the approval. i wish you good luck

Hello Register! I am glad to hear that your interview went smooth! the timing is good which means the AO is convenced of ur case! mine was a long one! and telling you that you will get it by mail from 2 to 4 weeks is a good news! I have read some stories from other guys where the AO tell them similar to you and they get approved! congratulations Register! I hope you get it before the end of year!
Thank you Karri2008. I pray it should be just as he said...I am so sick and tired of waiting...thank u very much and good luck to you. Your decision is around the Conner. It doesn't really matter how long the interview takes unless the AO is convinced that ur application is frivolous. It may be a delay in the background checks and or may be the AO is out for a mission...Just be positive.

Hello Karri2008 and ugububu + all our friends on this forum. The interview went well and it took about 45 mins of questions and 30 mins to read through my personal affidavit/story. The AO said I would get a response in the mail within 2 to 4 weeks from the interview day. Also said before christmas, will be in the mail. The AO really seemed nice and told me not to worry that i did a good job...I just wait for the results in the mail and not all these big talks. thank u karri2008 and ugububu for all the assistance. I just joined u now in waiting for the decision and i hope it's a grant or win win for all in this forum. Good luck to you all.

Hello Register,

Glad to hear that you did good at your interview, everything will be all right with your case you'll see, like a told you, you deserve it.

Good luck and take care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Karri2008, to my understanding, you would be issued a new EAD which is valid for 2 years as contrary to the EAD C08. This EAD also contains a fingerprint which is absent on the EAD C08. But I think it would be different with your situation. You would have your asylum granted before the EAD comes out such that, you would be issued a new I 94 and an EAD valid for 2 years shortly after the approval. i wish you good luck

Thanks Register, I hope it is just like you said! I get approved before I recieve the EAD!

Hello Karri2008 and ugububu + all our friends on this forum. The interview went well and it took about 45 mins of questions and 30 mins to read through my personal affidavit/story. The AO said I would get a response in the mail within 2 to 4 weeks from the interview day. Also said before christmas, will be in the mail. The AO really seemed nice and told me not to worry that i did a good job...I just wait for the results in the mail and not all these big talks. thank u karri2008 and ugububu for all the assistance. I just joined u now in waiting for the decision and i hope it's a grant or win win for all in this forum. Good luck to you all.

It seems that you got a good officer. I will say that you have a high chance of receiving a good news soon.

Thanks Register for the adivce! I just applied for status update to my email! it is more convinient though. Thanks for the answer about the EAD! another question if u have any idea or anybody on this forum: after I Reicieve this EAD what if they approve my case, as I understand they send you another EAD? if so, what to do with the EAD you already have?
Thanks Register, and good luck to you too.

If you get approved by the asylum office, the asylum computer system (RAPS) will automatically send a request to USCIS system (CLAIMS3) to issue EAD(A05) valid for 2 years. Your old EAD(C08)(i) and the new EAD(A05) will both be valid in CLAIMS3 system and any employer can verify them through E-verify.

If you are granted asylum, then you don't need EAD anymore. All you need is unrestricted SS card and a driver license to work if you are an asylee/refugee.

If you get approved by the asylum office, the asylum computer system (RAPS) will automatically send a request to USCIS system (CLAIMS3) to issue EAD(A05) valid for 2 years. Your old EAD(C08)(i) and the new EAD(A05) will both be valid in CLAIMS3 system and any employer can verify them through E-verify.

If you are granted asylum, then you don't need EAD anymore. All you need is unrestricted SS card and a driver license to work if you are an asylee/refugee.

Good news for today! Assylum is still around! man, thank you very much for your answer, I am glad you are back, I already have a driving licence but no unristrected SS, hope to get it soon!
Thanks again.

Hello Karri2008 and Ugububu...any news yet??? This thread is too quite...please say something

Hi Register, nothing new here, my EAD application is showing under intial review! hopefully it will change this week! will keep you posted!
hoping to read a good news from anybody!

Hi Register, nothing new here, my EAD application is showing under intial review! hopefully it will change this week! will keep you posted!

Hello karri2008 and all others.i am new here but have been a member for like a months now.so i had been following all you guys talked about but i couldn't post till 2 days ago.i applied for my asylum case in november and received notice on the 15th.i did the biometrics and had my interview yesterday the 12th of december.the AO asked me alot of questions so much that i didnt have answers to some.my story is true and i hope i get a positive decission soon.she told me to expect a mail within 2 weeks to 2 months.well i've just made up my mind on being patient as i got no choice.i wish to ask you guys if you have any idea what it means when you cant see your case in the check case status.hope we keep in contact and get to share our ideas and experiences.

Hello karri2008 and all others.i am new here but have been a member for like a months now.so i had been following all you guys talked about but i couldn't post till 2 days ago.i applied for my asylum case in november and received notice on the 15th.i did the biometrics and had my interview yesterday the 12th of december.the AO asked me alot of questions so much that i didnt have answers to some.my story is true and i hope i get a positive decission soon.she told me to expect a mail within 2 weeks to 2 months.well i've just made up my mind on being patient as i got no choice.i wish to ask you guys if you have any idea what it means when you cant see your case in the check case status.hope we keep in contact and get to share our ideas and experiences.

Hello Asylees, and welcome to the forum. Sounds like your interview went well! now just be patient and positive and wait for your approval. Since the AO told you that you should expect your decission within 2 weeks to 2 months it is good thing as it sounds to me, I was told to come back for the decission within 2 weeks and then they called me and told me that they will mail me the decission, but as for your case the AO was more specified and told you to wait for it, which hopefuly it means that you will be approved. As for checking your status online, you can try it from now! it will only show one uscis website only after they approve your case, it will show under card/document production. After that you will recieve your approval in mail withing approximately a week.
Stay positive and good luck.

Memoirs of Silent Di...

Hi guys.... I have been following this forum since October... I read all your posts and they encouraged me during a very tough time... I know each and every single one of you as well as the story that relates to your asylum cases in the US.
I am that silent beneficiary and I am truly grateful for each and every single one of you.....

Basing on your stories I know I am truly blessed to have received my decision so soon.... My desire was to apply for graduate school and God made this possible just before my college deadlines...

But I write this day to encourage somebody... just as i was inspired by your stories...
My prayer is that you stay strong.... Pray BOLDY... The God we serve is faithful and all sufficient... He has not forgotten you.

As a silent member... I will continue to check on you guys.... and pray for you without ceasing.... that in God's perfect time.... He will grant you the desires of your heart.

PS. I am sorry I took long to send this message... I tried to register but kept on getting problems.... up until lately.... but then again.... God's timing is perfect... in every situation.....

MAY HIS GRACE ABOUND AND HIS FAVOUR OVER TAKE YOU.... in Jesus' Name.....:):)

September 5th 2011 - Submitted I 589
September 26th 2011 - Received I 589 Receipt Notice
October 1st 2011 - Received Notice for Biometrics
October 3rd 2011 - Biometrics done
October 26th 2011 - Interview done at arlington, VA
November 28th 2011 - Asylum approval
December 1st 2011 - Social security card received

ohh...i hope so too. what about u ugububu??? you've been so quite man...haven't u gotten a response from ur inquiries??? Good luck to all

Hello Asylees, welcome...and good luck to you.

Hi guys.... I have been following this forum since October... I read all your posts and they encouraged me during a very tough time... I know each and every single one of you as well as the story that relates to your asylum cases in the US.
I am that silent beneficiary and I am truly grateful for each and every single one of you.....

September 5th - Posted my I 589
September 26th - my I 589 was received by USCIS
October 3rd - Biometrics done
October 26th - Interview done at arlington, VA
November 28th - Asylum approval
December 1st - Social security card received

Basing on your stories I know I am truly blessed to have received my decision so soon.... My desire was to apply for graduate school and God made this possible just before my college deadlines...

But I write this day to encourage somebody... just as i was inspired by your stories...
My prayer is that you stay strong.... Pray BOLDY... The God we serve is faithful and all sufficient... He has not forgotten you.

As a silent member... I will continue to check on you guys.... and pray for you without ceasing.... that in God's perfect time.... He will grant you the desires of your heart.

PS. I am sorry I took long to send this message... I tried to register but kept on getting problems.... up until lately.... but then again.... God's timing is perfect... in every situation.....

Wow Silent D. You are blessed and extremely lucky...I am so happy for you. Congratulations man

September 5th 2011 - Submitted I 589
September 26th 2011 - Received I 589 Receipt Notice
October 1st 2011 - Received Notice for Biometrics
October 3rd 2011 - Biometrics done
October 26th 2011 - Interview done at arlington, VA
November 28th 2011 - Asylum approval
December 1st 2011 - Social security card received

hello silent D.wow congrats.u are so lucky man.am happy for u.my interview was in arlington too.i hope i hear from them soon.

Hey Silent D, Congratulations, wow, that was fast, lucky you!!! thanks for sharing your story, wishing you the best luck, and God bless you too.

Hello,

Unfortunately, two days ago I received a letter of Final Denial of Request for Asylum. Right now I'm preparing for re-apply, because condition in my country getting worst and I have new evidence which makes my case more "stronger". Good luck to all you guys and take care.