Waiting Asylum decision

Hi! It's me again,
Sorry for the delay in replying your posts, the past few days since my approval have gone by pretty fast, and I've been busy all over the place doing stuffs, as you can imagine, but here I am again, and I'm gonna take the time to reply you one by one.

Thanks awaitasylum, LadyLee, asyleek, hjjez, asylee2011 and sagipisces for your kind words, I really appreciated. I feel really lucky that I found this forum while I was waiting my decision, and it gave me the chance to share my story with you, and to read all your moving, sometimes sad, sometimes happy stories. I get happy when I read that one of you got the approval letter, and get moved when I read some of your stories. I really really hope you all get your approval letter soon, at the end what we all want is the chance to begin a new life and have a better future, please keep your faith intact, in the end it's all worth it.

awaitasylum, God bless you man, you've been a great help to me and a lot of people in this forum, congratulations on joining the law school and keep up the good work!

asyleek, congratulations for your wedding! I hope to hear some good news about you and your husband very soon.

asylee2011, congratulations for your approval letter!! now BREATHE and enjoy! I got my EAD the same day as my approval letter, in a different envelope. You don't need to take another picture, they use the same one they took you on the fingerprints day. Good luck in your future projects :)

sagipisces, we had very similar experiences with our interviews, but now I can guarantee you that is all intimidation, they're trained to do so, be confident in your answers, everything is gonna be alright. You can apply for your Husband EAD too after the 150 days, but I hope you get your approval letter sooner than that. Good Luck!

hjjez, thank you for your words, it's nice to have another Venezuelan brother on board. I didn't do it through the church at Biscayne Blvd, I live in Orlando and I did it through my attorney, but my interview was in Miami as everybody living in Florida applying for asylum. Send me a private message and I'll give you mi info to stay in touch! Gracias por todo hermano, un abrazo y pa' alante que ahora es que viene lo bueno!

And I wanted to keep my last words for LadyLee. First of all CONGRATULATIONS, you and Mr. Bird were the reason I joined this forum, your posts were so inspiring and touching, I'm sure you give everyone here some hope in their personal struggle to have a better and brighter future. You made my day with your approval notice, I'm so HAPPY for you. I hope you have a wonderful live and get the best from this experience. Once again congratulations!

Finally I wanted to give you bits of information about some questions I've read.

I read the same status everytime I checked on the USCIS website "your receipt number is invalid" or something like that, but I persisted almost every day. The day I receive the approval letter, I first checked on the website and the message changed to "On August 12, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this APPLICATION FOR POLITICAL ASYLUM...", then I ran to my mail box and there I found the two envelopes (approval and EAD), so yes, they update your case status on their website after they send you the letter.

And second, you don't need an attorney to be with you during the interview. I did my interview only with a Spanish/English translator (just to be more comfortable and to think better my answers), but my attorney wasn't there. In fact, my "attorney" was a paralegal, so I when the AO asked my if I had an attorney I said "No". That doesn't mean you don't need one, this paralegal was an expert in political asylum cases and I certainly couldn't do it without her. So please have a good and prepared person by your side to help you through the process. But you don't have to do your interview with your attorney by your side, just be prepare yourself.

Well, that's it, sorry for the long post, please ask me any questions you have and I'll try to be helpful as much as I can. I'm still praying for all of you.

Take care!

Hi,
My case was approved on 3rd week of August. I just check on the USCIS website and found out this message. What does it means? Are they sending me EAD or I have to apply for it?? here is their message
"Post Decision Activity
On August 22, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375"

Hi,
My case was approved on 3rd week of August. I just check on the USCIS website and found out this message. What does it means? Are they sending me EAD or I have to apply for it?? here is their message
"Post Decision Activity
On August 22, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375"

Your I765 Application is Approved and you'll get EAD for 2 years in mail, keep checking ur mail box every day.

god is never early, ´he is definetely never late ......... He is always on time!!!
I received my approval notice today!!!! I´m sooooooo happyyyyyy!!! And i need to praise the name of the lord! His mercy, his love, his patience with me!
He is my redeemer, and my provider in all this difficult time!
I will continue to pray for each and everyone of you guys in this forum. And for all the ones who are still waiting.... Please believe and have faith!
Wowwwwwww wowwwwwww wowwwwwww

glory to God!!!! We have come a long way ladylee and am glad God has seen us through!! I am sooo happy for you. I know the feeling is inexpressible and all we have is to thank God. Congratulations!!!

God is never early, ´HE is definetely NEVER late ......... HE IS ALWAYS ON TIME!!!
I RECEIVED MY APPROVAL NOTICE TODAY!!!! I´M SOOOOOOO HAPPYYYYYY!!! and I need to PRAISE the name of the LORD! His mercy, His love, His patience with me!
He is my redeemer, and my provider in all this difficult time!
I will continue to pray for each and everyone of you guys in this forum. And for all the ones who are still waiting.... please BELIEVE and have FAITH!
wowwwwwww wowwwwwww wowwwwwww

AMEN! congratulations I am so happy for you! quite a wait though. You deserve it and hope you start enyoing all the hapiness it comes with it. GBY

help~~~

HI everyone!

I finish my interview on 18th AUG and my F1visa still valid.
The officer said it will mail the decision to me.

Can you tell me when can people (valid visa like F1) get their decision??

should I start to check online from this week??

I am sooooo worry about it..thanks you!
every blessing

HI everyone!

I finish my interview on 18th AUG and my F1visa still valid.
The officer said it will mail the decision to me.

Can you tell me when can people (valid visa like F1) get their decision??

should I start to check online from this week??

I am sooooo worry about it..thanks you!
every blessing

Hello,

You can get you decision tomorrow, on next week or month. Until you in status they can easily delay you case just because a lots of people over detention center nether out of status still waiting. Of course you can check USCIS site daily. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

You can get you decision tomorrow, on next week or month. Until you in status they can easily delay you case just because a lots of people over detention center nether out of status still waiting. Of course you can check USCIS site daily. Good luck.

Thank you
I check my status online, but it said cannot found my cases at this time.

My interview was not too long, almost one hour finished and the officer returned my evidences to me after he checked it. what does it means??? why not keep it??

It's really a hardtime waiting for the decision..=(

Hello,

System will shows you "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status." until you case (number starts with "Z") will been finally approved. About you interview - all cases are not the same - some interviews takes not more then 30 minutes, some could takes hours, same thing with evidences, if they don't need AO returns it back to you. There is absolutely no pattern. So, just be patience and hope for the best, I know it's hard but there is nothing we can do with this.
Good luck and I will crossing fingers for you.

BTW from October 2010 to June 2011 USCIS receive about 46.000 I-589 Asylum and Withholding of Removal, it's mean this guys pretty busy doing their job.

Thank you
I check my status online, but it said cannot found my cases at this time.

My interview was not too long, almost one hour finished and the officer returned my evidences to me after he checked it. what does it means??? why not keep it??

It's really a hardtime waiting for the decision..=(

Hi Honeypancake,

Every case is different and it depends on so many things that nobody knows how long must wait after the interview. By the time I had mine I was in status also and I know that in our case they send us to the backlog because they prioritize the people in removal process, out of status or about the get out of status before us. My visa expires this week and has been 6 month without any answer at all. I applied for EAD and I am still waiting too, the site shows that should receive it in 3 weeks but it has been a month already so you need to prepare for a long wait. In my opinion it would be better because they usually send the denials faster than the approvals. I am just curious the AO did not keep any of the three copies you take with you or just the originals? In what office did you interviewed?

I-589 Received: February 28, 2011
Biometrics done: March 17, 2011
Interviewed: March 28, 2011
Today is: August 29, 2011
EAD application recived: August 8, 2011
# of days passed: 21
EAD recived: ????????

I applied for EAD and I am still waiting too, the site shows that should receive it in 3 weeks but it has been a month already so you need to prepare for a long wait.
EAD application recived: August 8, 2011
# of days passed: 21

Hello hjjez,

I want to ask you next - you submit (send to USCIS) I-785 on August 8, 2011 or you receive a Notice from USCIS about you I-785 has been received and now in process?

Thank you.

Hello hjjez,

I want to ask you next - you submit (send to USCIS) I-785 on August 8, 2011 or you receive a Notice from USCIS about you I-785 has been received and now in process?

Thank you.

Hi Ugububu,

I sent it on July 29th. and then received the I-797C notifying that they received my application on August 8th. then after a week I created my account to check the status and receive email notice of any change in the status but it has been there in the same " Initial Review" stage for the following 3 weeks. This is really disapointing because according to their timetable the Texas' service center should issue this EAD in 3 weeks.

I-589 Received: 28-Feb-11
Biometrics done: 17-Mar-11
Interviewed: 28-Mar-11
Today is: 1-Sep-11
# of days passed: 185
Day 150 is on: 28-Jul-11
EAD Application 29-Jul-11
EAD received: not yet.

Hello hjjez,

Thank you for answering my questions, no worries, everything will be fine with your EAD, I know how it difficult just wait and know nothing about what is going on with you case. Good luck.

Hi , Ugubabu

How to file for the inquiry about my asylum? is there any specific format for that? pls

Hi , Ugubabu

How to file for the inquiry about my asylum? is there any specific format for that? pls

Hello Laure,

I'm pretty sure there is no special form for it. I just wrote about date when I sent a rebuttal and mentioned delivery conformation number and asked about if there is any decision about my case, please let me know and sent with delivery conformation to asylum office. That's it. Good luck.

Hi Everybody,

I also ask this question in other thread...I am filing my and my husband's EAD this week. I have a question on the filing fee. My husband worked on OPT previously while while he was a student. He got his EAD in 2008 and its expired now. I understand there is no fee if its initial EAD. Does my husband need to file application with $380 fee????

Thanks

application received- 4-7-11
Interview 5-2-11
Days passed - 148
150 days on - 9-4-11
Result ?????????????????????????

Folks have raised some very good questions here about applying for an EAD and asylum clock issues and the application processes for principals and their dependents.

NOW is an excellent time to ask USCIS about it by submitting comments on the Business Transformation Rule at: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=USCIS-2009-0022-0001 The comments will be accepted through October 28, 2011.

Please submit these very real concerns to USCIS now---while they are actually working on it!