Waiting Asylum decision

Folks have raised some very good questions here about applying for an EAD and asylum clock issues and the application processes for principals and their dependents.

NOW is an excellent time to ask USCIS about it by submitting comments on the Business Transformation Rule at: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=USCIS-2009-0022-0001 The comments will be accepted through October 28, 2011.

Please submit these very real concerns to USCIS now---while they are actually working on it!

Hello BigJoe5,

So, I took my time and read all parts concerning asylum, thank you for bringing it up.

Hi Everybody,

I also ask this question in other thread...I am filing my and my husband's EAD this week. I have a question on the filing fee. My husband worked on OPT previously while while he was a student. He got his EAD in 2008 and its expired now. I understand there is no fee if its initial EAD. Does my husband need to file application with $380 fee????

Thanks

Hello sagipisces,

For my understanding of asylum procedure, if your husband was included in your asylum application and the US grant you asylum, your husband has a same rights to apply for EAD with you, means there is no fee. Good luck.

Thanks Ugububu:

Thanks for your reply. This EAD is the one which we apply after 150 days. So, is there no fee for my husband?
Thanks,
Rohit

Thanks Ugububu:

Thanks for your reply. This EAD is the one which we apply after 150 days. So, is there no fee for my husband?
Thanks,
Rohit

Hello sagipisces

I don't know exactly the pattern, but obviously your case status will pop-up at USCIS site much faster than you feel it in you hand (get mail notification). Good luck.

Thanks Ugububu:

Thanks,
Rohit

Hello sagipisces,

If you husband was included in you application and now file I-785 as an asylee (under section (a)(5)) there is NO FEE for you husband. Good luck.

Hello sagipisces,

If it is his initial EAD under (c) (8) and hi not under ABC Settlement Agreement filing fee is NOT requiring. Good luck.

Thanks a lot ugububu for clearing things. Really appreciate your help.

Good luck to you too.

ugububu

Were you in status when you had your interview?
how many days did you wait to receive NOID?

Hello honeypancake,

It was 3 weeks between submitted I-589 and interview, I were (and still) in status. 2 weeks after interview (date was on paper, which officer gave me before interview) I came over Asylum Office and picked up my NOID. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello honeypancake,

It was 3 weeks between submitted I-589 and interview, I were (and still) in status. 2 weeks after interview (date was on paper, which officer gave me before interview) I came over Asylum Office and picked up my NOID. Good luck.

Thanks~~
people who in status will get the mail decision instead of pick up NOID, isn't it? why you need to pick up??

Thanks~~
people who in status will get the mail decision instead of pick up NOID, isn't it? why you need to pick up??

Hello honeypancake,

According official information from www.uscis.gov Asylum Office could deliver decision to you by using whatever they want form - pick up or mail in. It could be deny, NOID or approve, it's all up to them.

Answer for you second questions, get this:

AFFIRMATIVE ASYLUM PROCEDURES MANUAL
OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
ASYLUM DIVISION
FEBRUARY 2003
10. Applicant Testifies to Fraudulent Entry or Violation of Status
Asylum office personnel may encounter an applicant who was inspected and admitted, and whose authorized period of stay has not expired, but who testifies that s/he gained admission to the U.S. through fraud or that s/he has violated the conditions of his/her status.
Asylum office Directors maintain discretion to establish local policies, in consultation with local Offices of District Counsel, as to note-taking, documentation of the file, whether to treat such an applicant as in-or out-of-status for the purposes of issuing a NOID, whether and how a charging document is prepared, and whether consultation with the Director is required in making any of the above determinations.

So, you understand why they need you in person? Think about it.

Good luck.

thanks for help!

Hello honeypancake,

According official information from Asylum Office could deliver decision to you by using whatever they want form - pick up or mail in. It could be deny, NOID or approve, it's all up to them.

Answer for you second questions, get this:

So, you understand why they need you in person? Think about it.

Good luck.

Got it! Thank you! bless you all, Good luck !

HI Ugaubabu,

thank you very much for helping me. now i have decided to file the inquiry because it is 2 months today after my interview. To send the inquiry letter where i should i submit my inquiry because first i send my files to Los angeles but i interview was held in pheonix (may be district office). should i send my inquiry request to pheonix (where i had interview) or LA office (where i send my application in very beginning)? please help .

HI Ugaubabu,

thank you very much for helping me. now i have decided to file the inquiry because it is 2 months today after my interview. To send the inquiry letter where i should i submit my inquiry because first i send my files to Los angeles but i interview was held in pheonix (may be district office). should i send my inquiry request to pheonix (where i had interview) or LA office (where i send my application in very beginning)? please help .

Hello Laure,

It's hard to waiting a decision and had no idea what is going on with you case. Before contact you local USCIS office in Phoenix (answered you question about which office you should contact) you need to give a call to USCIS Customer Service at: 1-800-375-5283 explain you situation and ask them what you should do. If customer service suggests you to contact your local office you can do it by phone or mail (filled an inquiry). I think it’s a right way how to do it and don’t forget to write down name and number of USCIS customer service representative whose suggest you to contact your local USCIS office you need this name/number for inquiry. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Ugaubabu,

Hello Laure,

It's hard to wait a decision and had no idea what is going on with you case. Before contact you local USCIS office in Phoenix (answered you question about which office you should contact) you need to give a call to USCIS Customer Service at: 1-800-375-5283 explain you situation and ask them what you should do. If customer service suggests you to contact your local office you can do it by phone or mail (filled an inquiry). I think it’s a right way how to do it and don’t forget to write down name and number of USCIS customer service representative whose suggest you to contact your local USCIS office you need this name/number for inquiry. Good luck.

I heard some news about that there is no interview on 1st to 11th Sept and the last week of Sept in LA.

is that true?

Hey there! I am still waiting!!!!! it is already over a month and a half since my interview!! hope I will recieve their mail soon! good luck everybody, yeah it is quiet, so, it is time to hear something new.