Waiting Asylum decision

My view: there is no relationship between the number of days you wait before the interview and the number of days you wait for your decision after the interview. So, the 755 days are separate from the 700 days. You should have done something for those 755 days. Right now, the 700 days waiting days after interview are within normal processing times.

What do you mean by that? What should I have done for the 755 days?
You might not be seeing the relation between these two.

But, I do see the relation, as I am the one affected by the backlog.
Please don't be inconsiderate!

Last edited:
Every minutes I have had to wait from day 1 of my application untill now has mattered.
You’re right, I also applied in December 2015 , and I received my decision early December 2018 , it was and still very painful, I didn’t see my husband and my kids didn’t see their father for years and still we have to wait more than a year to see him . Very frustrating . It wasn’t fair to change the system and leave all those people without any interviews or decisions

Yes, we are all in the same pot here.

-Yours was faster than mine what office was it?

Mine was in Chicago.
I applied in January 2015.
Interview was in 2017.

You’re right, I also applied in December 2015 , and I received my decision early December 2018 , it was and still very painful, I didn’t see my husband and my kids didn’t see their father for years and still we have to wait more than a year to see him . Very frustrating . It wasn’t fair to change the system and leave all those people without any interviews or decisions
I am sorry to hear it and glad that you got the decision. Do you know in how many month people got interviewd in LIFO system, will have the decision?
and one another question that my mind is busy with it, does a long interview such as 3 hours is good?

Yes, we are all in the same pot here.

-Yours was faster than mine what office was it?

Mine was in Chicago.
I applied in January 2015.
Interview was in 2017.
Mine also in Chicago, but I didn’t have my interview until July 2018 when I went through life threatening medical condition and needed surgery then I applied for expedited interview and it was approved.good luck

Wow... I see!

Welll I am very happy that yours was sorted out.*
I wish you good luck for the rest and for your family to be reunited.

What do you mean by that? What should I have done for the 755 days?
You might not be seeing the relation between these two.

But, I do see the relation, as I am the one affected by the backlog.
Please don't be inconsiderate!
= The asylum office will not speed-up the release of the decision based on the time you spent waiting for the interview. = these are two separate processes. Look at my record, I have been in similar position too, i know the frustration first hand. I'm here stating the facts, not to frustrate you, but to explain things from my first hand experience.

My cases status says "interview scheduled" still even after 10 days of the interview! I wonder why it is taking long to update the status

= The asylum office will not speed-up the release of the decision based on the time you spent waiting for the interview. = these are two separate processes. Look at my record, I have been in similar position too, i know the frustration first hand. I'm here stating the facts, not to frustrate you, but to explain things from my first hand experience.

I have never talked about speeding up anything. I was just sharing my timeline and the numbers of days I have been waiting since I applied for asylum.

Do you guys know that this shutdown will also directly affect decision making process time. Are asylum officers, their supervisors are under federal jurisdiction? What about bio-metric screening, as those include investigation with FBI and other security agencies. I hope this shutdown will ends soon, and hopefully those who have interviewed already will not be backlogged for their decision rendering.

Do you guys know that this shutdown will also directly affect decision making process time. Are asylum officers, their supervisors are under federal jurisdiction? What about bio-metric screening, as those include investigation with FBI and other security agencies. I hope this shutdown will ends soon, and hopefully those who have interviewed already will not be backlogged for their decision rendering.

Here is your answer:

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190121-124038_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190121-124038_Samsung Internet.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 80