Waiting Asylum decision

Hello everyone I applied for asylum in 2016. Did my interview in January and this is the current update. It says decision was mailed. How can I find out if I got accepted or not. Thank you in advance .View attachment 4595
Hello, based on your timeline it is difficult to say that if it’s an approval or a referral. Please wait for your decision in the mail and I pray that you get a positive one.

Hello, based on your timeline it is difficult to say that if it’s an approval or a referral. Please wait for your decision in the mail and I pray that you get a positive one.
Zee33 you know i always respected you but are you serious this time??? Have you ever seen a person ever got approved without fees were waived on their timeline? Please for god sake stop trying to hide the truth only to make someone feel better please!

Do you know what the waiting time is for the court?
my buddy just got referral 2 weeks ago and his master hearing date is in DECEMBER 2024 and most likely 7-9 months later he will get the individual hearing. you need to calm down and know that you got another chance but first you need to know why you got denied and collect the notes made by your attorney at the interview cause everything written by the asylum officer will be sent to the judge, so you need to know all the weakness points and work on it and try to bring more evidence! good luck i feel you but sadly it is what it is so stay positive

my buddy just got referral 2 weeks ago and his master hearing date is in DECEMBER 2024 and most likely 7-9 months later he will get the individual hearing. you need to calm down and know that you got another chance but first you need to know why you got denied and collect the notes made by your attorney at the interview cause everything written by the asylum officer will be sent to the judge, so you need to know all the weakness points and work on it and try to bring more evidence! good luck i feel you but sadly it is what it is so stay positive
I appreciate the feedback and positive vibes. I’ll definitely speak with my attorney when I receive the decision letter. Hopefully everything works out for your friend as well! Question though: what’s the difference between a master vs individual hearing? Thanks again

I appreciate the feedback and positive vibes. I’ll definitely speak with my attorney when I receive the decision letter. Hopefully everything works out for your friend as well! Question though: what’s the difference between a master vs individual hearing? Thanks again
Good luck and hopefully the attorney give you all the details he wrote and marked during the interview and also you will find the main reason for denial when you get the letter so that will make the whole situation clearer! Thanks for your good wishes and hopefully anyone who been waiting for years like you guys deserve to have some mercy by the Judges unless they are trump fans then it’s tough, but we shall see!

Master hearing is like make sure of your personal details etc etc etc like nothing will be discussed at this session and the individual one is the session that everything related to your case will be discussed and the judge has to make a decision after the Individual hearing.

Last edited:
Good luck and hopefully the attorney give you all the details he wrote and marked during the interview and also you will find the main reason for denial when you get the letter so that will make the whole situation clearer! Thanks for your good wishes and hopefully anyone who been waiting for years like you guys deserve to have some mercy by the Judges unless they are trump fans then it’s tough, but we shall see!

Master hearing is like make sure of your personal details etc etc etc like nothing will be discussed at this session and the individual one is the session that everything related to your case will be discussed and the judge has to make a decision after the Individual hearing.
So sorry about your case , after waiting 8 years, its just crazy what USCIS does, 8 years!!!! Is there any reason why they kept scheduling and rescheduling your ineterview ? @Asylee11 says get as much info from your attorney and alsotry and find out what reason for the rescheduling if it has any impact on your decision.

So sorry about your case , after waiting 8 years, its just crazy what USCIS does, 8 years!!!! Is there any reason why they kept scheduling and rescheduling your ineterview ? @Asylee11 says get as much info from your attorney and alsotry and find out what reason for the rescheduling if it has any impact on your decision.
That’s all about it!!! I don’t know why the USCIS does that to the people!! Interview them all in one year and if they got denied just deport them and they wont be sad cause they didn’t waste too much time i swear there are many countries that are better than America nothing too special here it’s all made by the American media but not permanently living in America ain’t the end of the story at all! It’s inhumane to leave people here work and live 8 years then tell em’ hey you’re in deportation proceedings after they got used to the life here and some have kids at school but if you interview them after 1 year and you tell them you gonna be deported then it makes sense and will reduce the asylum fraud cases too cause when things gets tougher no one would apply for asylum without having a solid case!
unfortunately, 70% of the fraud cases in the country is divided between the marriage cases and the asylum ones.

hopefully you get a decision soon.
I pray so and thank you for all your help and contributions on this forum, it is so discouraging to had to wait this long after interview. I don't know what to do again: wrote congressman 2x senate once ( reply was same background check) FIOA -nothing came from it, Ombudsman said asylum office is not responding

I pray so and thank you for all your help and contributions on this forum, it is so discouraging to had to wait this long after interview. I don't know what to do again: wrote congressman 2x senate once ( reply was same background check) FIOA -nothing came from it, Ombudsman said asylum office is not responding
honestly i would say file writ of mandamus but it's expensive and if the outcome is not the one you wanted then you will feel bad for losing $5k plus not the outcome you want so I only recommend writ of mandamus for speeding up asylum interview or waiting for green card but for asylum decision i don't think writ of mandamus is the best option unless you did great at the interview and the approval letter is matter of time.

Last edited:
honestly i would say file writ of mandamus but it's expensive and if the outcome is not the one you wanted then you will feel bad for losing $5k plus not the outcome you want so I only recommend writ of mandamus for speed up asylum interview or waiting for green card but for asylum decision i don't think writ of mandamus is the best option unless you did great at the interview and the approval letter is matter of time.
my lawyer said I did great! but you never can tell, 2 weeks after my interview my daughter was asked to go for thumbprinting. I wrote the asylum office below is the reply from them 1710794371037.png

my lawyer said I did great! but you never can tell, 2 weeks after my interview my daughter was asked to go for thumbprinting.
That’s what I’m talking about! You never know if the attorney’s words were 100% correct or he tried just to hype his customer so honestly i don’t recommend writ of mandamus just keep email the asylum office and push them! That’s what my buddy did and got his decision 4 months after the interview.