Waiting Asylum decision

The question is that the officer approval or also the supervisor approval??? Many times the officer gives approval then the supervisor turn it into denial cause the supervisor approval is the most important thing and it happened with 2 people here before on the group so first make sure if it’s the supervisor approval then congratulationssss but if it’s the officer only approval then don’t get too happy and wait until you get the final decision
Yes, as I stated before it seems it was approved by the Asylum Officer, the interview were held two months ago, so there must be something to do with the supervisor.

Thank you.

Yes, as I stated before it seems it was approved by the Asylum Officer, the interview were held two months ago, so there must be something to do with the supervisor.

Thank you.
Exactly! So if i were you i will just wait and not celebrate too early until the supervisor approves it!

This is the result of my FOIA request, as you guys may see, next to approval date the information is redacted as you can see the line isn't full, but next to Denial and referral date is completely fine, based on this i have a good feeling that my case was approved by the asylum officer.

Let me know what you guys think.
View attachment 3753
When did you filed your FOIA request?

Hi Asseek,

Congrats on your approval. Could you please remind me on when was your interview?
Thank you, august 2018, after 4 years I got approval, I think if I would not inquire, my case could be still pending for several years, my advice from my experience: file FOIA, prepare to enforce your case, if you see approval, go for congressman and ombudsman inquiry and follow up inquiries. If it background check only, there is no choice than just keep sending inquiries and last resort with strong cases is filing mandamus.Good luck for everyone!!!

Last edited:
Thank you, august 2018, after 4 years I got approval, I think if I would not inquire, my case could be still pending for several years, my advice from my experience: file FOIA, prepare to enforce your case, if you see approval, go for congressman and ombudsman inquiry and follow up inquiries. If it background check only, there is no choice than just keep sending inquiries and last resort with strong cases is filing mandamus.Good luck for everyone!!!
Great. I am waiting for 2.5 years. I inquire through Congressman every 2 months since 2 years ago and I just hear that they say it is pending background checks. Did they also tell you your case was pending background checks when you inquired previously through the congressman?

Great. I am waiting for 2.5 years. I inquire through Congressman every 2 months since 2 years ago and I just hear that they say it is pending background checks. Did they also tell you your case was pending background checks when you inquired previously through the congressman?
No, there was not background check in reply from congressman inquiry, I saw from my FOIA that background checks was updated 2 times, did you see anything in your FOIA regarding your background

Hey, I'm just wondering, on your FOIA files, it was approved right? , did they write the date of approval? Similar to the picture I uploaded yesterday? Thanks

No, there was not background check in reply from congressman inquiry, I saw from my FOIA that background checks was updated 2 times, did you see anything in your FOIA regarding your background
Thank you so much. I have not yet filed a FOIA. May I ask how many times you contacted congressman when your case was pending and what did the congressman tell you about your case each time?

Thank you so much. I have not yet filed a FOIA. May I ask how many times you contacted congressman when your case was pending and what did the congressman tell you about your case each time?
File FOIA and request in message you need all notes and records made by AO, so it would not be redacted, I requested 2 times, after the follow up inquiry I got my decision, in the message it was stated that case was escalated to section chief ( i think it is supervising officer) and second follow up inquiry after 60 days was not answered for 30 days, i got decision after 3 months of first inquiry

File FOIA and request in message you need all notes and records made by AO, so it would not be redacted, I requested 2 times, after the follow up inquiry I got my decision, in the message it was stated that case was escalated to section chief ( i think it is supervising officer) and second follow up inquiry after 60 days was not answered for 30 days, i got decision after 3 months of first inquiry
Which of these two do you think helped you received your decision congress inquiries or FOIA request?

How long after you get your FOIA request that you finally received decision on your case.

Thanks

Which of these two do you think helped you received your decision congress inquiries or FOIA request?

How long after you get your FOIA request that you finally received decision on your case.

Thanks
I don’t think FOIA will make any difference for decision, it is just for you, I found that decision was made 2 years ago and it is pending for supervisor review, it made me to push my case forward, I thought that 2 years is enough time for supervisor to make decision or it is in black hole, inquires could make some movement, just keep pushing. It took 2 weeks to be send inquiry to the office, after 1 month I got response to contact them after 60 days, and then follow up inquiry sent and waited about 2 months, so total about 6 months

Last edited:
Asseek, May I ask in your FOIA, could you see when the 2nd background check was done? Was it before the decision on your case which was made 2 years ago?

Asseek, May I ask in your FOIA, could you see when the 2nd background check was done? Was it before the decision on your case which was made 2 years ago?
First sec check was conducted before interview, second sec check update right before AO approved my case and submitted to supervisor which is 2 years ago, since then no sec checks