Waiting Asylum decision

Just a quick update, I'm still waiting for my letter. However, today the status changed to New Card is Being Produced. I know this is all means that its approved but still can't officially celebrate till I receive the letter
Last Update, I received my approval letter this morning. thanks again to everybody and I would love to answer your questions if you have any. Again my timeline:
Entered with tourist VISA on Jan/2019
Applied: end of April/2019 - LA Office
biometric: end of May/2019
Interviewed end of June/2019
EAD received end of October/2019
Decision received end of March/2021 (approval)

I would like here to share a bit from my experience, each case is different even if you are applying with your twin brother/sister. Be honest and try to simplify your case. Do not make it complicated or over detailed. The more unnecessary details (unrelated) details you give the higher the chance is to get more questions and obviously ending up adding more information to your case that requires back ground check. Also if you do not know something then don't try to answer it just say I don't know. It happened with me when I was asked about a certain date and I could not remember it so I just answered "I don't remember can I check my passport before answering" so the officer was like sure please check it and tell me the date. I was panicking at that time but when I left the interview my attorney said you did the right thing. Finally during your interview stay consistent with your tone, eye contact and most importantly your answers. Do not volunteer any extra information unless the officer asked you about.

good luck for everyone

Last Update, I received my approval letter this morning. thanks again to everybody and I would love to answer your questions if you have any. Again my timeline:

I would like here to share a bit from my experience, each case is different even if you are applying with your twin brother/sister. Be honest and try to simplify your case. Do not make it complicated or over detailed. The more unnecessary details (unrelated) details you give the higher the chance is to get more questions and obviously ending up adding more information to your case that requires back ground check. Also if you do not know something then don't try to answer it just say I don't know. It happened with me when I was asked about a certain date and I could not remember it so I just answered "I don't remember can I check my passport before answering" so the officer was like sure please check it and tell me the date. I was panicking at that time but when I left the interview my attorney said you did the right thing. Finally during your interview stay consistent with your tone, eye contact and most importantly your answers. Do not volunteer any extra information unless the officer asked you about.

good luck for everyone
congratulations

USCIS is hopeless, i asked for an expedited interview which was rejected over 2weeks ago, they then go ahead and send me a letter today on the rejection but letter was sent to my old address two years after i changed my address and renewed my ead card which they had sent to the same wrong address in 2018 and i had to get a replacement.!!!!!! Lord Jehovah take the wheel

After interview your status in online system was always “Decision is Pending” or it was “Application is Pending” at least for some period?

Does anyone knew about the US citizenship act 2021?
Seems like President has proposed a bill to provide GC for pending asylum applicants and other benefits for undocumented immigrants.

is it true and confirmed?
The bill passed the House of Representatives, it would need to be voted by the Senate... The whole Democratic party + 10 Republicans Senators (At least) to reach Biden's Desk and become Law.
I don't think this bill would pass the Congress; Most probable, the GOP will reject the dreamers and TPS holders the green card - citizenship path.

Hi friends,
could anyone tell me how soon will the status change from the “decision was mailed” and how soon will the 800 3755283 telephone will say EAD clock stop running from be notified the “decision was mailed”, thanks

Just a quick update, I'm still waiting for my letter. However, today the status changed to New Card is Being Produced. I know this is all means that its approved but still can't officially celebrate till I receive the letter
Congrats! thanks for sharing. Just a quick question: Did your status ever change to Application is Pending while you were waiting for your decision after the interview or it has always been Decision Is Pending before you got the decision?

Hello guys , I am new on this page, I am still waiting for my asylum decision since December 2017, from Chicago office. In January 2021 I got an email stating that there was a recent action on your case, but when I checked my status on the uscis case status portal , it was showing application is pending instead of my decision is pending.
i have been following this forum for a while so I don’t believe this is a huge Change to my case.
applied in Oct 2015
Interview in Dec 2017
It has been almost 40 months since my interview and I don’t know what the are doing, background checks, etc..
I feel like it would be a miracle if I get my decision this year.

Hello guys , I am new on this page, I am still waiting for my asylum decision since December 2017, from Chicago office. In January 2021 I got an email stating that there was a recent action on your case, but when I checked my status on the uscis case status portal , it was showing application is pending instead of my decision is pending.
i have been following this forum for a while so I don’t believe this is a huge Change to my case.
applied in Oct 2015
Interview in Dec 2017
It has been almost 40 months since my interview and I don’t know what the are doing, background checks, etc..
I feel like it would be a miracle if I get my decision this year.
I am from Chicago office too and I got the same update as well. My guess is that this update means one of the following possibilities:

1) the AO made his/her decision and passed the case to a supervisor for confirmation
2) The case has been recommended for approval and it is waiting security background checks

My guess is based on the email that I got from USCIS. It says that the case is in 'Initial Review' stage and will undergo background checks.

I am from Chicago office too and I got the same update as well. My guess is that this update means one of the following possibilities:

1) the AO made his/her decision and passed the case to a supervisor for confirmation
2) The case has been recommended for approval and it is waiting security background checks

My guess is based on the email that I got from USCIS. It says that the case is in 'Initial Review' stage and will undergo background checks.

Thank you for your information
I received the same update as well , but I did not received any email from USCIS

Hi guys
I can not to log in in my account my user name and password are correct
Are you able to log in

Attachments

• 95E418FB-7134-4C80-8694-F3654BDEE1C5.png
    95E418FB-7134-4C80-8694-F3654BDEE1C5.png
    303.5 KB · Views: 16